Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

I'm so surprised at how easily we have caved in. Their defense is shakier than jelly, and we could easily have been 2 or 3 up.

If we had made it 3-2 then I would have said we have a chance...but now we have to keep a clean sheet and score 2? Very difficult, even if we get JT back.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head up lads. This season was always going to be difficult and you can see on the pitch that the team is just not together as one like previous seasons. There is so much to learn for all involved, including us fans. We have seen worse days then this is our history. Chelsea will be back, it may not be this season or the season after but in time we will be back to one of the best.

People can talk about Cole/Cech/Luiz...What about Ivanovic? Fair enough he was marking Lavezzi/Cavani, but he was awful tonight imo. Ramires was poor (although he was playing in a position not suited to him), Meireles was woeful as usual (how about some commitment in a tackle, Raul?). It really is the link between midfield and attack that is hindering us and we still haven't found a consistent pairing/trio to sort it out. I still think we're capable of beating them on a good day, whether we can do it by 2 clear goals however...

AVB deserves the blame, not all of it, but deserves it.

The team that was out, should of been the team that started.

The commentators, the fans, as well as the players knew it before the match, except AVB,

Cole over Bosingwa? You know I honestly don't see much difference

Essien over Malouda? Maybe

Lampard over Meireles? Don't see what lampard would add. Meireles is shit but so is lampard

You are the first to talk about AVB, it means you believe he is to blame but is already making excuses for yourself.

Were you not reading the match thread? I tried to post in there but it was locked. This is the post match thread of Napoli-Chelsea right? :doh:

this was piss poor how can we not break down an old slow defence, i know our denfence aint great but we should have got more than 1 goal, Drogba, Rambo, Raul, Flo, Dannyboy, Lamps, Iva, Essien, was all fucking shit Mata did ok cos he was atleast shooting and trying to score

got an away goal but not gonna be enough imo FA Cup it is then.

Our whole defense and "defensive midfielders" were inept tonight. Ramires probably had his worse game in a blue shirt, Raul doesn't do enough defensively or offensively to merit a spot in a CL first eleven, A.Cole was taking a rest for the third goal instead of trying to keep up with Cavani; Luiz had a usual one howler per game; Cahill was decent but don't expect him to be anything more; Ivanovic today had Bosingwa like crossing and overall game.

Drogba had ok hold up play, but as I've said countless times neither him nor Torres really warren a first team spot in the team at the moment.

We still have a second leg to play, but if anyone thinks this defense can keep a clean sheet at home they've got another thing coming.

And we could have really done with two wingers and Sturridge up front tonight, Malouda's positive contribution tonight is one cross which only Drogba can control and Sturridge will never be a great right winger he should be playing in his natural position because he can cross with his right foot.

Head up lads. This season was always going to be difficult and you can see on the pitch that the team is just not together as one like previous seasons. There is so much to learn for all involved, including us fans. We have seen worse days then this is our history. Chelsea will be back, it may not be this season or the season after but in time we will be back to one of the best.

Hopefully in few seasons we are going to laugh at this all.

I can honestly say, if we line up how we ended the game we have a chance. Their defense was bad but ours was just worse on the night - with attackers like Lavezzi and Cavani they'll finish everything. We had our chances but we don't have their clinical quality. A huge factor is the creativity, they have Lavezzi and Hamsik picking the locks and we had Meireles and Ramires. Mata could've picked a few holes too. A defense that shaky is a walking volcano .Malouda also played quite well today IMO. AVB can't be blamed for this loss. Yes the line up was arguable but individual mistakes lost us the game. You just can't manage a game which ends up runn We can do it, 2 goals and a clean defense - difficult against a team that's scored 5 away goals but remember what we did against Valencia. We can do this I know it, our defense just needs to concentrate.