Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My greatest fear is that Mata leaves in the summer.

I hope to god that doesn't happen! He's currently my favourite player at the moment, and that's why I went to get his name printed on my jersey on Monday!

Mata won't leave.. just because the club is under immense turmoil, doesn't necessarily mean he will leave.. he really enjoys playing for the club and he loves London... we need more players like him!

What actually is the point of Meireles, what is his job? He can't attack, can't defend, can't even close players down and can't run with the ball. Explain!

It's a mystery that,

He's a possession minded midfielder i believe, other than that he has no talents other than occasional long range shots

Completely disagree, Mikel in this match?, are you fucking kidding me, Mikel has no pace he would of got slaughtered in midfield, i'm actually very happy AVB never played him, trust me the amount of goals Napoli would of had with him in midfield, At least Meireles could keep up with them and pressure them a bit, Mikel would of been running after them or just stand there like he usually does, the only positive thing he would of done was sit back and sit deep infront of the front four, but it's still useless because he wouldn't of protected them.

Essien, Essien still has problems, i don't think he's fully fit yet, he hasn't got the pace, Meireles had to be picked today, i don't blame AVB for that, but perhaps Romeu could of played that was probably a mistake, and i think i would of chosen Romeu over Meireles tonight.

And by the way, a great example of Mikel tonight, would of been him in the Arsenal 5-3 defeat.

I disagree, Mikel would have been useful tonight.