Andreas Christensen

Wilson

6 hours ago, lucashm said:

I am honestly in awe of how he has developed. I remember his first game against Bayern, they lost 3-0 i think, and he looked lost on the pitch, you could clearly see how nervous he was. To see him playing with the confidence and calmness that he has now is absolutely incredible. I knew he had potential, but i never knew he was this fucking good, and he is just 21 years old!

We genuinely have our next captain now, and better yet, he is OUR player, he came from OUR youth team, and he is THE best young CB in the world, which just speaks volume about the level of players we are creating there.

He needs to be a permanent starter, not next year, not in January, but NOW, he is ready, i am sure of that.

If only he were English he'd be all over the TV

The only bright spot to today's game. He was cool calm and composed while on the ball and while defending. These are the type of performances that will make Conte trust him and allow him to really be in the mix for the first 11 as the season progresses.

45 minutes ago, Panic said:

The only bright spot to today's game. He was cool calm and composed while on the ball and while defending. These are the type of performances that will make Conte trust him and allow him to really be in the mix for the first 11 as the season progresses.

He and Rudiger.

22 hours ago, Panic said:

but in reality, im afraid its cahill who got the most appreance than any our good cb. who will get trust and play in almost all important matches.
Sad, i really hope its not true

4 hours ago, dimmas said:

but in reality, im afraid its cahill who got the most appreance than any our good cb. who will get trust and play in almost all important matches.
Sad, i really hope its not true

Whether you love him or hate him Cahill is an established player in this squad. He's going to have to have some real stinkers to get replaced anytime soon. Fortunately, we have plenty of games to play this season so there will be many opportunities for Christensen to continue impressing,

• 3 weeks later...

Glad he’s getting minutes still and really like him as a player but there was has been a few concerns for me with him and the rest of the defence recently.

For Everton’s goal he really should do better, judge the flight of the ball after Rudiger tries to deal with it rather than just kind of guess and make an arse of whatever he was trying to do. Even before it Rudiger is all over the place dealing with a high ball, the whole airkick/attempted airkick/withdrawn airkick from AC really just lets Niasse waltz past him (ok yeah sure I know he couldn’t risk fouling him but he can read it better) and then Rudiger and Cahills attempted dealing with ball across box whatever you want to call it is ridiculously poor. 

I know the Roma game was a week or two ago but for Kolarov’s goal he has to go out quicker too/continue going out to him, he seems to be going out to meet him, hesitates, then again decides to close him down and boom it’s a goal albeit a cruel deflection but if he doesn’t stop he gives Kolarov a split second less and perhaps he blocks the shot. Also I think somebody has mentioned for the Dzeko goal, but my take on it was that it really it was lazy more than anything, really poor to not be as tight to someone of that quality, fair enough it’s a 1/10 chance of him finishing from there on his weaker foot (although having seen Dzeko when he played in Bundesliga and in Engiand too he was always exceptional at shooting with both feet) but even then Dzeko’s not even remotely fast, sure his movement is good but Andreas tracks him. Maybe he doesn’t expect him to shoot from that angle but again he could be a lot tighter. Although the team and defence as a whole, was pretty poor that game as well and Christensen was probably the least of our worries in a very mixed performance. 

I know it’s maybe not much to analyse or think about and it could be being picky but there has been more said about less in the past so I think it’s only right to look at those incidents as weak defending. Anyway as the season goes on he will maybe rectify those mistakes in similar situations.  

Other than that his distribution and calmness has been immense along with most of the other aspects of his performances for a guy of his age, albeit he has top level experience but he has made mistakes and will continue to do so because he’s young.

I hope Conte stays for the remainder of his contract so we can continue with a back 3, as the central birth is tailor made for Andreas and I think he can really bring him up another level defensively because I know for from watching Conte’s Juventus and Italy teams, their starting points was a formidable defence and I think that every team regardless of manager, frontline, midfield is useless without a good solid defence (look at Liverpool). 

• 2 weeks later...