Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

On October 14, 2017 at 10:38 PM, LukakutoStamford said:

The thing is people are far too short sighted in this issue. At the time he was sold I made a post about 250 pages back that he would be world class and Chelsea would rue the decision. All this nonsense about winning two titles is complete garbage. They are independent events. Where this hurt Chelsea was 2013-2014 where having KDB in lieu of Oscar would have won Chelsea the title and it would have made Chelsea set up for the future. KDB is worth 150 million quid right now and Chelsea sold him for what 20 all because Mourinho's ego? 

This is the worst sale I can remember in football and it never needed to happen.

Im not arguing most of that, i was on board with the sale at the time and i am not afraid to say it was up there with backing AVB as my biggest error of judgement as a Chelsea fan. The bit i am contesting is Georgey/Gullit's post that he buggered up the future of the club, which simply isn't true.

47 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

In hindsight, what a stupid decision this was selling him. Stupid, stupid decision, up there with buying torres instead of aguero. 

Yes don;t forget though it was Mourinho that wanted him out, because he kept banging on the managers door crying he wanted to be selected for the first team.

It was Mourinho that deprived us of him.

Fucking hell look at the front lines we could've had..... De Bruyne Costa/Morata Hazard

On 9/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, Gorando said:

I remember I was ridiculed by almost everyone on this forum when I said KDB was a better player than Oscar.

How times have changed...

I missed that one. 

Clearly some people on this forum can't see quality, but I don't understand how when you could see passing ability from Kevin that Chelsea lacked and, in fact, a level of passing ability along with accurate shot velocity that most clubs anywhere in the world lack. If you were watching Kevin at Genk in 2010, you would have seen his ability to whip the ball from the left wing and watched him cross better than most players in subsequent months and seasons. Also the vicious shots and fearlessness on the ball.

Again (I've posted this previously): as much as the Fernando Torres deal was an awful action in January 2011, Chelsea managed to top that stupid move by dumping KDB without a buyback clause. 

So, now we can wait to see the dumb move in a single transaction. Can CFC top it?

11 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

In hindsight, what a stupid decision this was selling him. Stupid, stupid decision, up there with buying torres instead of aguero. 

In some of our eyes, this never about hindsight; it was absolutely moronic when it happened. KDB may never score as many goals as Lampard, but was surely had a good chance to be our most talented goal-producing machine in MF after Frank --with arguably much more dangerous passing and whip on his crosses than Frank ever displayed.

• 1 month later...
On 18-1-2014 at 11:56 AM, bushman said:

Some succeed, others do not. KDB was one of those that didn´t make it.

Personally, I feel the club made the right decision here. To me, his ability, play skills were exaggerated.

16-12-2017: Pep Guardiola said Kevin de Bruyne is helping Manchester City become "a better institution" after the playmaker put in an inspired performance to help his side outclass Tottenham for a 16th successive Premier League victory that stretched their lead to 14 points.

Some great reads in this post about KDB, predictions a few years ago.

Funny how people are slagging Mourinho off for getting rid, NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND could have predicted his development. I went to a League Cup game in 2013 away at Swindon and he was, by far, the worst player on the pitch. 

33 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Funny how people are slagging Mourinho off for getting rid, NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND could have predicted his development. I went to a League Cup game in 2013 away at Swindon and he was, by far, the worst player on the pitch. 

nobody? I did it! it was enough to see him play with a minimum of attention to see his talent when we played for us or follow him with Wolfsburg.

KDB is like the polar opposite of Willian in terms of body vs mind. Willian has blistering pace and is probably one of the most skilfull players in the lague yet he is so slow in this mind that he can barely use this to his advantage. Kdb is not remotedly as quick (quick enough, probably a good trainer but not a born sprinter like Willian, Sane, Walker etc) and probably not as technically gifted as Willian but he produces and produced just with his sheer will, straightforward play and quick thinking always being ahead of the other in his mind. He never seemed to quite fit in here even though I thought that he showed flashes of brilliance in his brief time here. Also in Belgium nt he struggled to fit in with Hazard for some time, but right now I see no player who would better fit in that ROM in our 3-4-3.