Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And the player we favored him over has buggered off to China 

Not neccessarily true.

Oscar played as a 10, Mourinho saw de Bruyne as a wide player. Im sure the games he played he was always on the right side on the 3 in a 4231. So it was really more Willian and Mata (although both him and Kevin left same window). 

It was a mistake but again, I think Kevin needed the move to fully progress and you never know what might have happened had he stayed. He might not have gotten to the level hes at now, he might have been better, its hard to judge. A mistake though to get rid of him but thats just how it was. Looking back on it, at the time, dont think anybody really seen Kevin going to one of the top 5 attacking midfielders in the world back then or complained after Matic came in because we really needed that sort of player in midfield to build the team up. Then we built on it the next season. Short termism but thats how the clubs run and how Jose thought. But even then a few additions to our 14/15 team and we would of been in a better position. Doubt anyone seen the next season coming, I certainly didnt think we would be miles off, just wasnt the same calibre of players in as the previous summers to refresh the team. I mean if a top winger, another more combative midfielder at a good level and a good striker came in to compete with Diego, we could have easily gone and probably been up there to possibly have won the league again I think. We were horrible but I dont think we would have finished so low if we got a few good players in.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, the wes said:

Blame mourinho for that :(

We screwed up but after a screw up there's a lesson to be learn. 

I feel like that the board learned the lesson. 

It is why Lampard is back and will be giving support to play youth. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:37 AM, MCM4PR3Z said:

A pure hattrick of assists. All after each other, all in the same half :o

Well,  my unpopular opinion around Here has always been that he’s Belgium’s best player, not hazard.

hazard is more easily contained, still not easy obviously, but teams can give him the side and contain his influence. Kevin plays in the centre and has a huge passing rage, which means that he can be dangerous even still far away from opposition goal, which means away from the contested areas.

and then if he does get close to the opposition goal, he can still both assist and score from afar. That’s a lot to worry about when playing against him.

Therefore a team who wants anything from playing Belgium needs to stop Kevin, imo.

58 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Well,  my unpopular opinion around Here has always been that he’s Belgium’s best player, not hazard.

hazard is more easily contained, still not easy obviously, but teams can give him the side and contain his influence. Kevin plays in the centre and has a huge passing rage, which means that he can be dangerous even still far away from opposition goal, which means away from the contested areas.

and then if he does get close to the opposition goal, he can still both assist and score from afar. That’s a lot to worry about when playing against him.

Therefore a team who wants anything from playing Belgium needs to stop Kevin, imo.

Maybe Hazard is easier to contain because teams put more players on him? I don't think any coach in their right mind would prioritize isolating KDB before Hazard. Eden is deadly on 1vs1, that makes him by default the more dangerous player.

1 minute ago, Rapkun said:

Maybe Hazard is easier to contain because teams put more players on him? I don't think any coach in their right mind would prioritize isolating KDB before Hazard. Eden is deadly on 1vs1, that makes him by default the more dangerous player.

I disagree.

It’s the characteristics. Kdb is far superior at passing and shooting, while hazard relies exclusively on dribbling. If you move the defense line deeper, that helps blocking Hazard with defenders in proximity, but does little against a player like Kdb. Hazard is poor at long-range shooting and pretty mediocre passer for his overall quality. His passing distinctly lacks range.

like I said, at least to my eyes, kdb is usually the key player when Belgium wins against any tough opponent.

but then again, I’m not a hazard fan. He’s overrated for me.

Just now, Robchels said:

I disagree.

It’s the characteristics. Kdb is far superior at passing and shooting, while hazard relies exclusively on dribbling. If you move the defense line deeper, that helps blocking Hazard with defenders in proximity, but does little against a player like Kdb. Hazard is poor at long-range shooting and pretty mediocre passer for his overall quality. His passing distinctly lacks range.

like I said, at least to my eyes, kdb is usually the key player when Belgium wins against any tough opponent.

but then again, I’m not a hazard fan. He’s overrated for me.

Deeper block is the exact situation where Hazard edges it. KDB with no space will find it difficult to play his game, whereas Hazard's dribbling ability will open teams up. When France sat deep vs Belgium at the WC, which of the 2 was the most dangerous player? Passes are nice but the best thing against these teams parking the bus are dribblers. Even Pep with his fancy system needs dribblers (see Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez).

On 9/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, Rapkun said:

Deeper block is the exact situation where Hazard edges it. KDB with no space will find it difficult to play his game, whereas Hazard's dribbling ability will open teams up. When France sat deep vs Belgium at the WC, which of the 2 was the most dangerous player? Passes are nice but the best thing against these teams parking the bus are dribblers. Even Pep with his fancy system needs dribblers (see Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez).

A guy who can shoot from afar does not need to penetrate the opposition defense in a low block, because he can shoot before the opposition defense can apply pressure. Same with key passes and assists from afar. Courinho made a career just doing exactly that (and not much else).

sorry I completely disagree. For me hazard thrives in counter attacking situations with lots of spaces for his runs and dribbling. Seen way too many times low block making him pretty ineffective.

KDB is the far more complete and versatile player in my book.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah biggest mistake of the decade. 

But it's good that it happen because it remove the shadow of Mourinho. 

Before, no manager was able to measure to Mourinho. I remember when we had Carlo and other manager it was always compare to Mourinho by many fans. No one was able to measure. 

So in a good sense it's good that happen so we can move on from that. 

• 1 month later...