Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

4 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I tell you this: he is the first guy who will start to whine in the City team and turn against Pep when things go very bad for them.

Just like how Hazard and Courtois dropped Mourinho last season. Belgian effect.

Jij weet niks

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Maybe, but what I pointed out is a significant weakness in his game. He's been terrible for months now according to City fans

He was brilliant against Arsenal just a few days ago, most football fans has very short term memory

• 1 month later...

This terrible player has 17 PL assists this season so far, despite being pulled a row behind his normal spot by Pep in favour of Silva. De Bruyne has the best passing game in the world and is clearly a class above Silva, although Pep clearly likes Silva more, as he is his only #10. But I understand the decision if you wanna play both players, Silva just waits for the ball to do something, while De Bruyne runs his arse off all game long. So De Bruyne fits better as CM than Silva. But both are CAM.

13 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

This terrible player has 17 PL assists this season so far, despite being pulled a row behind his normal spot by Pep in favour of Silva. De Bruyne has the best passing game in the world and is clearly a class above Silva, although Pep clearly likes Silva more, as he is his only #10. But I understand the decision if you wanna play both players, Silva just waits for the ball to do something, while De Bruyne runs his arse off all game long. So De Bruyne fits better as CM than Silva. But both are CAM.

De Bruyne is the best crosser in the league atm, his deliveries into the box annoy the fuck out of me, Aguero is so good with his timed runs and Jesus just looks like he continues where Aguero's regressed. Guardiola is the reason why City have fallen off a cliff...

23 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Guardiola is the reason why City have fallen off a cliff...

I don't think so. They have an old, weakened squad, especially their defensive players: Sagna, Kompany, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho are all over 32 and most of them have suffered several injuries in their carrers. They need a couple of new fullbacks, centre backs and defensive midfielders. Their attacking style with Sané, Sterling, De Bruyne and Gabi Jesus looks fresh, fast and hungry, with a better defense City will be a tough opponent next year.

16 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don't think so. They have an old, weakened squad, especially their defensive players: Sagna, Kompany, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho are all over 32 and most of them have suffered several injuries in their carrers. They need a couple of new fullbacks, centre backs and defensive midfielders. Their attacking style with Sané, Sterling, De Bruyne and Gabi Jesus looks fresh, fast and hungry, with a better defense City will be a tough opponent next year.

They played the semis in the Champions-League before Guardiola came and worked his magic with the ~150 mil. he spent. Most of Guardiola's buys have been huge failures, just take a look at that poor excuse of a goalie. Guardiola is too arrogant to be a bit more pragmatic, he can't defend, even if his life would depend on it. Don't forget, this season they will be trophieless, last season Pellegrino won them a cup. Monaco took them out with ease and when taking City as a whole into account, it really shouldn't have happened.

Of course he's not a bad coach, he's just the opposite extreme of Mourinho. No doubt that Guardiola will go big again in the transfer market and they will end up being more competitive. But i doubt that he'll win them the Premiership or even the Champions-League.

Agree to disagree!

4 hours ago, Essien19 said:

They played the semis in the Champions-League before Guardiola came and worked his magic with the ~150 mil. he spent. Most of Guardiola's buys have been huge failures, just take a look at that poor excuse of a goalie. Guardiola is too arrogant to be a bit more pragmatic, he can't defend, even if his life would depend on it. Don't forget, this season they will be trophieless, last season Pellegrino won them a cup. Monaco took them out with ease and when taking City as a whole into account, it really shouldn't have happened.

Of course he's not a bad coach, he's just the opposite extreme of Mourinho. No doubt that Guardiola will go big again in the transfer market and they will end up being more competitive. But i doubt that he'll win them the Premiership or even the Champions-League.

Agree to disagree!

What Guardiola started is not a one year project. This year he made the foundation of the new Manchester City: he signed some gifted young players(Gabriel Jesus, Sané, Stones) and build them in the starting eleven and he tried several different formations and tried many players in many positions. This summer he will get rid of players he doesn't need and sign other younger ones. They didn't win anything this season, but if Pep keeps on building this team they can be one of the best clubs in Europe. 

Between 2008 and 2016, City have never been really good. They won two PL-titles and Fa-cups, League Cup aswell but no one ever thought that they are really good. Guardiola can change that. He didn't made an instant impact but with so many old and bad players like Jesus Navas or Clichy it takes time.

• 3 months later...

Which physicality ? He almost systematically loses the ball under pressure. 

His strength is his vision and passing accuracy/weight, maybe the best in the world at that, when he plays one two touches of the ball he is great, if he needs to retain the ball for his team he's systematically useless.

Plus De Bruyne on a double pivot would be suicide.