Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He is the far beter player, but the problem is that KDB plays better for our nt

Kevin still has to prove alot here while hazard has to do the same in the belgian nt

He seems to me like the player that needs the team to centre around him. Is he?

He seems to me like the player that needs the team to centre around him. Is he?

I don't think that's really the case. Genk and Bremen obviously had to, as he's was by far their best player. But in general he's a player that helps others play better and help determine tempo. I think he can fit into Chelsea well and offer something different, because he is the only one together with Shurrle that really provides depth. And except for that he also is the only one, except for Lampard who isn't going to play every game I assume, who's actually good at indirect freekicks and corners.

He'll have his games, but I don't expect him to play the majority. He'll need to grow a little into the Premier league before he will be able to compete really and on fair footing to our other fantastic attacking midfielders.

Today would have been just his kind of game. Faster and more robust than both mata and Oscar and with higher workrate than both. He is also our only accurate crosser, effectively. I'd always pick him over Schürrle tbh.

Today would have been just his kind of game. Faster and more robust than both mata and Oscar and with higher workrate than both. He is also our only accurate crosser, effectively. I'd always pick him over Schürrle tbh.

They are different players but I can understand they both compete for the position on the right. Schurrle looks very good as well to be honest. Very composed, technically good, physical and direct. Would have like to see De Bruyne come on for him however. They should be kept in close competition and both get chances.

Ofcourse he isn't gonna play every week, we've got 6 players for 3 positions. He played vs Hull and Man United. Mata has barely played and you're complaining about KDB?

This may not be ideal for him, but he has to learn to cope with competition like this.

I understand you're a fan of KDB, as am I, you may even be right about a loanspell but this is a Chelsea board, with Chelsea fans. You give the impression you care more for KDB than the club. I'm sure there's plenty of threads on Belgian fora where you can vent your frustration =)

I don't cry and I make videos about him , ejejejeje

Ofcourse he isn't gonna play every week, we've got 6 players for 3 positions. He played vs Hull and Man United. Mata has barely played and you're complaining about KDB?

This may not be ideal for him, but he has to learn to cope with competition like this.

I understand you're a fan of KDB, as am I, you may even be right about a loanspell but this is a Chelsea board, with Chelsea fans. You give the impression you care more for KDB than the club. I'm sure there's plenty of threads on Belgian fora where you can vent your frustration =)

The difference is KDB has actually looked decent when he has played. Mata has been ass since the confederations cup.

Mata has been ass since the confederations cup.

Good Lord!

People talking about KDB, just shut up, please. After every single bad result people will talk about Lukaku and KDB. Wake up dudes, just wake up. This is PL.

Telling people to shut up on a forum, genius!

Goals and assists are the curreny at the moment. The midfield are underperforming at the moment. Support the players on the pitch. KDB is a work in progress. There is an adjustment for any player to adapt to the speed and physical nature of the premier league.

They are different players but I can understand they both compete for the position on the right. Schurrle looks very good as well to be honest. Very composed, technically good, physical and direct. Would have like to see De Bruyne come on for him however. They should be kept in close competition and both get chances.

Schurrle's looked average for me, pre-season and since the season started. Would prefer KDB down the right.

This is the thing with squad depth. When the team doesn't win, people will point to X and Y on the bench saying they could have done better.

Schurrle was fine. He was great against Bayern and that's why he got to start. Also, he would be up against Baines. Completely justified decision. KdB wouldn't dramatically alter the flow of the game.

higher work-rate than Oscar?

I'm not even sure his work-rate is better than Schürrle's - who is a very tactical player, mind you. I'm the head of Kevin's fanclub, I like him a lot, but there's a reason why he plays better than Hazard - who is much better a player - in Belgium NT and only there. Different games plans, different players, also different leagues. NT football is much easier to play (if you're talented of course) than EPL. He had a great first half against Hull and was invisible in the following match he started (although he showed some improvement in the second half just before he was subbed). So I don't take into account whatever he does for Belgium NT - especially against the likes of Scotland, Serbia and other light and weak sides they play. I've watched the France match - and France is far from their best, really, really, really, really far, but still better than what Belgium have been playing in the qualifying - except maybe for Croatia, but if that's the case it's close and Belgium struggled more than I expected in that match. Don't particularly remember how Kevin did then, but I guess the lack of resemblance might be saying...

That said, I think he should have been used instead of Lamps which led Ramires to be moved to the wing. He needs more matches to get used to the league. I think he's one of our best players in theory and I can't wait for that to become reality - and given how Hazard has been playing for us maybe he might outshine Eden here as well, because I liked the best of Kevin much more than I liked the best of Eden for us this season so far, but it's too early to tell. I just disagree immensely about the work-rate comment and the fact that playing well for Belgium NT (or any other NT, really) should be the reference when the kind of football played in WC qualifying can't differ more from EPL

The difference is KDB has actually looked decent when he has played. Mata has been ass since the confederations cup.

Yep you are right, Mata has been absolutely crap for the 2 half games he played after not having a proper pre-season due to injury. I find it unbelievable that people are calling Mata crap.

Yep you are right, Mata has been absolutely crap for the 2 half games he played after not having a proper pre-season due to injury. I find it unbelievable that people are calling Mata crap.

there are two things: the fact know Mata is quality and the fact that he's been lacking it ever since the Confed Cup. I personally ain't saying he's crap. It doesn't change the fact that he did nothing for us in two matches and did all but one good play in the Confed Cup's final...

I don't know what the problem is, he wasn't injured during CC - maybe tired, but not injured. I think with time he'll go back to his usual, doesn't change the fact he's been invisible - to say the least - in the two matches he played.

Kevin had one good match and a so-so match. The fair thing would Hazard being treated by Mourinho like everyone else, but he isn't and Mourinho said in his post-match interview that he thinks Hazard is going great (I don't know which matches he has been watching except for the Bayern match and a few good plays that wouldn't make a 10m vid. But as Hazard has preferential treatment because he's Mourinho's untouchable, it leaves Kevin with option to play only in the right where he has Willian and André for competition. André played better than Kevin if we sum all their matches. If we compare their best displays, Kevin first half against Hull was better than André against Bayern imo, but André has been more constant as he played well in other matches while Kevin wasn't necessarily good against ManU and when he seemed to finally be improving, he was subbed.

Anyway, it's too early for most of our players. Some because they're adapting (Kevin, André - and Eto'o and Willian will go through the same), others because they're still to find their best form (Mata and Eden). We need time.