Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

De Bruyne is simillar to Beckham for me :D

Let's hope he is more complete :)

George said it best, no pun intended:

"Beckham is a great player. Well, he can't tackle, has no left foot, cannot head the ball, he cannot dribble, he is not strong, he can't defend, he is rather slow, and not particularly tall; apart from that he is alright"

I will probably say this a few times more since we were said to be fanboys :Goober:

Told you so! Yeaaaaaah !

This guy is on Hazards level. The plus: even more consistent. All belgians saw it in the NT .... He just delivers!

And he is kind of ginger so that is just extra special. :lol:

well, it's only fair to put Eden ahead of Kevin because of the season he had with us last season.

That said, Kevin is still terrific! He seems to work harder than Eden - although I already notice the Mourinho effect on Eden's game (gotta love Mou).

So I do hope to see Kevin stepping up and shining for us. But I also expect Eden to do the same, so I think he'll continue to be a step or two ahead of Kevin at first.

I'm not sure which one has the higher ceiling, but does it matter?

At the end of the day both Chelsea and Belgium are lucky to have both

Last season in midfield, beyond the normal starters, we had Yossi Benayoun and Nathan Aké for cover.

Now we have so many quality players, it means our bench is going to look formidable. Whether it's going to be Moses-Mata-Hazard or KdB-Oscar-Ramires behind the striker, we have the makings of a great team. It's fucking exciting, isn't it?!

Last season:

• Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman
  • Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand
  • Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké
  • (Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel
  • Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses
  • Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses

Now:

• Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman, Schwarzer
  • Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand, Kalas, Essien
  • Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké, Kalas
  • (Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, van Ginkel, (Oscar)
  • Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Schurrle, *cough* don't forget Kevin :P
  • Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses, Lukaku, Schurrle, Wayne Rooney (?)

As far as I'm concerned, our squad has improved - in size, in versatility, and in quality.

Spot on, i have been saying for years that every season in the Roman era our first Xl has been better than United's (apart from 10/11), but there's a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's. As much as i love the cup win's in recent season's i would happily see less of them for sustained league success.

And thats what's going to be Citys downfall.

Players like De Bruyne and Lukaku have great personalities and love the club, Hazard chose us out of the many. City have two world class forwards at there disposal, yet whip out 50 million on two new forwards, then paying over 30 million for Fernandinho, and rumour has it there after Pepe from Real Madrid.

But so far they've almost spent 100 million yet there squad hardly needed any improvements besides a winger. Then what have we spent? About 30 million, could even be less.

Not to mention we've still got the old guard who will always be raising high spirits, where more than just team full of bought players, Chelsea is a lot more. Yeah sure City are getting a lot more new quality, but in the long run it can always turn around and fuck them over.

What I remember he was extremely nervous and way too eager to try to impress. He tried to force things which ultimately hurt his game. It was a good decision to loan him out for a year. He gained a lot of maturity in Germany.

That's exactly what I said after his pre season game against that USA team.

He was overpowering his shots and then later on he tried to play it simple then started second thinking, he just wasn't so confident after that. We had a great counter attack and he ended up from being able to square it to passing the ball back to our defenders, he didn't even want to try and take on the loose defender.

Not many people where confident in him after that game, but that loan really did him good.

Last season in midfield, beyond the normal starters, we had Yossi Benayoun and Nathan Aké for cover.

Now we have so many quality players, it means our bench is going to look formidable. Whether it's going to be Moses-Mata-Hazard or KdB-Oscar-Ramires behind the striker, we have the makings of a great team. It's fucking exciting, isn't it?!

Last season:

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman

Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand

Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké

(Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel

Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses

Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses

Now:

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman, Schwarzer

Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand, Kalas, Essien

Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké, Kalas

(Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, van Ginkel, (Oscar)

Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Schurrle

Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses, Lukaku, Schurrle, Wayne Rooney (?)

As far as I'm concerned, our squad has improved - in size, in versatility, and in quality.

What am I missing Sturbridge, Benayoun

Anyone remembers previous pre season of Kevin last year ?

Was he this good ? why did they hire him to Germany ?

He failed to impress against Seattle Sounders and PSG. At times it looked like he was trying too hard to impress and ended up being disappointing. If memory serves, he also used to complain about Di Matteo playing him out of position (at RW).

Back then he was still a raw youngster with no real experience and that's why he was loaned to Werder Bremen, to allow him to take the next step in his career and he went on to exceed everyone's expectations which confirms it was the right decision to loan him out. He became more versatile, more consistent and also got a taste of what it's like to play against the top teams. Playing for Werder Bremen as well as for Belgium really has done his confidence a lot of good and instead of the afraid looking young boy we now have a real star player on our hands, I don't believe for a second he would have turned out to be this good this fast if he had stayed at Chelsea last season.

Expecting magnificent things from this lad.

I love kdv but better than wilshere calm down mate.. He may score more goals but his passing and tackling is noway as good as wilshere! Maybe in a couple of years he could be better if wilshere does not get better but believe me he will!

What exactly has wilshere done or show to make u say he is better than de bruyne? Kdb is a precise passer that can pass with both feet and score.goals too. Agai I ask what makes wilsherr better? Is it because.he is englands big hope?

I have big hopes for KDB my self and I believe he will become a good player for us but I believe some of us (not all) are expecting too much of him based in pre-season. He looks good but the Premier League is a different thing. I mean like before Schurrle scored against Milan there are many that are judging him and claiming he was not ready because he looked sloppy and had not seen much from him but because KDB has looked better in pre-season there are better hopes for him. Relax, because even I think he will turn out a good player he might just need time.

For example I see the above user has stated that he believes KDB is better than Wilshere. His opinion which he is entitled to, however Wilshere can pass, dribble and has been a marquee player for Arsenal since Fabregas left and while they don't win trophies, they qualify for the Champions League. KDB has only had 1 full season in a major European league for a team who are far inferior. KDB had a brilliant season there however there is a difference. Wilshere is arguable Arsena;'s best/joint player for a team playing CL footy and slightly younger. KDB is coming to Chelsea but I don't think we should make any comparisons about KDB is better until we see another season in the PL. I respect some of the Belgians opinions on him who have followed him at his Genk however many other people are overhyping him based on pre-season. Like what if he did not turn out as good as expected?

I know KDB is a much better player than Marin however Marin had a decent pre-season before getting injured and he was awful in the PL. So my point is calm down some of us and let wait to see him in the PL. I am sure he will become a good player but just seems the wight of expectation for him is far too much which I don't think is needed. Even I am a fan of Moses, he was quality player at Wigan and carried them on their own but stepping up to a team like Chelsea as proved is not so easy, I think they need time. Merely my point about KDB.