Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

in a TOP team ALL the squad players are stars ,,, That is what makes a TOP team

Spot on, i have been saying for years that every season in the Roman era our first Xl has been better than United's (apart from 10/11), but there's a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's. As much as i love the cup win's in recent season's i would happily see less of them for sustained league success.

This guy got a lot of potential, even more than Oscar imo. Also he seems like he is really out to prove a point this season, he worked hard in every single match he has been in for us this preseason. He is a bit like Ramires but slower and are better technically. He can attack well, not the flashy type of Hazard and not as good but he can also defend well when required. Even though he seems small his stamina is quite good. If he can stay clear of injuries, he could be better than Wilshere imo.

This guy got a lot of potential, even more than Oscar imo. Also he seems like he is really out to prove a point this season, he worked hard in every single match he has been in for us this preseason. He is a bit like Ramires but slower and are better technically. He can attack well, not the flashy type of Hazard and not as good but he can also defend well when required. Even though he seems small his stamina is quite good. If he can stay clear of injuries, he could be better than Wilshere imo.

He is already better than wilshere I. Every aspect of the game save maybe defending

I will probably say this a few times more since we were said to be fanboys :Goober:

Told you so! Yeaaaaaah !

This guy is on Hazards level. The plus: even more consistent. All belgians saw it in the NT .... He just delivers!

Erm that is a bit too far, Hazard is atm one of the top 50 players in the world, Kevin is not even close...yet

He is already better than wilshere I. Every aspect of the game save maybe defending

I love kdv but better than wilshere calm down mate.. He may score more goals but his passing and tackling is noway as good as wilshere! Maybe in a couple of years he could be better if wilshere does not get better but believe me he will!

I will probably say this a few times more since we were said to be fanboys :Goober:

Told you so! Yeaaaaaah !

This guy is on Hazards level. The plus: even more consistent. All belgians saw it in the NT .... He just delivers!

Erm that is a bit too far, Hazard is atm one of the top 50 players in the world, Kevin is not even close...yet

He outperformed Eden in the NT. Period. So yes, he might not have the reputation yet, but he does have the game to match Eden. You will see and I will happily quote this post for you :Goober:

I love kdv but better than wilshere calm down mate.. He may score more goals but his passing and tackling is noway as good as wilshere! Maybe in a couple of years he could be better if wilshere does not get better but believe me he will!

KDB's distribution is what he's known for, bit odd to say his passing is nowhere near as good as Wilshere :P

I agree that Wilshere is the better player atm mind u, Kevin has everything to prove.

De Bruyne will be this season's Juan Mata

I really didn't expect he was such a good player. When he was transfer to Chelsea from Genk, I thought he would pull a "Thorgan Hazard" (player not quite up to the level and being loaned forever). For exemple, Steven Defour was rated higher when he went to Porto, yet he's still struggling; the leap from Genk to Chelsea was too big to me. KDB's loan to Bremen was the best thing ever for him.

I'm still sceptical about Lukaku as I ever was though.

I wonder how KDB will develop though... as a Lampard, a Gerrard? More defensive?

De Bruyne will be this season's Juan Mata

I really didn't expect he was such a good player. When he was transfer to Chelsea from Genk, I thought he would pull a "Thorgan Hazard" (player not quite up to the level and being loaned forever). For exemple, Steven Defour was rated higher when he went to Benfica, yet he's still struggling; the leap from Genk to Chelsea was too big to me. KDB's loan to Bremen was the best thing ever for him.

I'm still sceptical about Lukaku as I ever was though.

I wonder how KDB will develop though... as a Lampard, a Gerrard? More defensive?

Then it might be ironic but Kevin might just overtake Mata's place in the team himself

Then it might be ironic but Kevin might just overtake Mata's place in the team himself

No one is overtaking anything, it's a squad game and every player has an important role in the team. For now let's just be happy we've replaced Benayoun and Marin with KdB and Schürrle, as well as got more depth in other areas too.

No one is overtaking anything, it's a squad game and every player has an important role in the team. For now let's just be happy we've replaced Benayoun and Marin with KdB and Schürrle, as well as got more depth in other areas too.

At first yes but eventually it will get to a point where one of those will be regular and the other will be bench warmer, rotation is not gonna be happening continuously forever. Kaka/Ozil are examples, Thiago Motta/Stankovic at Inter a few years ago and other situations... Of course only one out of 3 will start the big games and others will be on the bench then eventually one of them will start to get unhappy. The only thing is gonna keep rotation working is they are all on amazing form every time they come on to the field, which as we know won't happen. I think out of 3 places only 1 player nailed his place and that is Hazard.

Atm the other 2 starting places would probably go to Mata and Kevin, with Oscar/Moses and Schurrle fighting to disrupt these 3. Of course Schurrle can only play LW/best at LW and Moses at RW so Oscar would slot into the middle. It is almost as if Oscar is back up for Kevin, Schurrle is back up for Hazard and Moses is back up for Mata.