Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Yeah, I was enjoying that article but that statement just completely ruined it for me, lost all credibility right there.

Also for me as a Belgian there's nothing new in that article... There's more info bout him in this thread, than in that article ;)

.......So get 2 and sell 3? That would leave us with even less depth than now....Keep as many as humanly possible. Other teams are packed with players. It's time we were too, otherwise we won't win the title.

AM/Wing positions: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Moses, Schurrle and KDB.

That looks good to me. KDB can play in midfield and Schurrle as a ST sometimes as well.

how much have Benayoun and Marin contributed this season? Better to add 2 who are good enough and lose three who aren't. Would rather just see us sign another striker than consider Schurrle an option there

Why would Dortmund sign De Bruyne when they are pretty close to signing Christian Eriksen?

Because thay have 37m for Gotze and can buy De Bruyne AND Eriksen for less. Actually strengthen the team while losing its best raw talent.

That's the Dortmund way. You lose Barrios ? You get Lewandowski. You lose Kagawa ? You get Reus. You lose Gotze ? You get De Bruyne and Eriksen.

.......So get 2 and sell 3? That would leave us with even less depth than now....Keep as many as humanly possible. Other teams are packed with players. It's time we were too, otherwise we won't win the title.

AM/Wing positions: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Moses, Schurrle and KDB.

That looks good to me. KDB can play in midfield and Schurrle as a ST sometimes as well.

Word.

I used to always be of the notion a smaller squad (not as small as this years, but still smaller) is the way. It keeps players playing and eventually different players will step-up at different moments given their chances of lots game time. Players aren't compelled to go OTT once given their chance as more would surely come along (A la Moses) but this year was not the year to this, especially as we were in the midst of a transition.

Essin and Mierles would have definitely offered great cover at times (not superb MOTM moments like some are thinking essien would have had, but cover none-the-less). But whatever man, this years behind us and I just don't want us to go through THAT any time soon.

The funny thing is if it was the other way around and we were buying KdB from Dortmund, we would be paying upwards of £25m for him. 15m euros is an absolute insult, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the board do sell for that.

That being said, until I see him holding up the Dortmund shirt I won't believe a thing.

Because thay have 37m for Gotze and can buy De Bruyne AND Eriksen for less. Actually strengthen the team while losing its best raw talent.

That's the Dortmund way. You lose Barrios ? You get Lewandowski. You lose Kagawa ? You get Reus. You lose Gotze ? You get De Bruyne and Eriksen.

Yep, that's the way it should be done instead of doing a Wenger, as in replacing the outgoing stars with second rate players in hope of them becoming better in the future. Also, replacing Nuri Sahin with Ilkay Gündogan is definitely right up there with the deals you mentioned. Jürgen Klopp has done an amazing job in the past few years and after all these transfers it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone seeing De Bruyne becoming one of the best midfielders in the world within only a couple of years if he goes to Dortmund. Klopp's track record with these kind of deals should be the last wake-up call for the Chelsea board to realize how good this guy is and that losing him for peanuts would be a huge mistake.

You guys are going to hate the board that got OScar, Mata, Hazard, etc.......

True, they bought those players and it's amazing to have them. Even so, they are now supposedly about to sell De Bruyne, who's already as good as any of those three, for nearly a break-even price without letting him even once feature in a Chelsea shirt and then they surely go on and buy another flavor-of-the-month player for £30m to come and play with the other £30m men we already have when they could just as well recall De Bruyne for free and play him. As a Real Madrid fan you must be familiar with business like this (Sneijder out for 15m, Kaka in for 65m for example) with Florentino Perez's ridiculous Galacticoes and everything but we as Chelsea fans aren't really used for this so it's perfectly understandable for us to be shocked. If the board seriously sanctions this deal, then they deserve all the stick they can possibly get because I am 100% sure that Kevin De Bruyne will be valued at +30m within a couple of years if we now sell him for peanuts.