Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Kevin de Bruyne

BlueLion.
Followers 2

I will probably say this a few times more since we were said to be fanboys :Goober:

Told you so! Yeaaaaaah !

This guy is on Hazards level. The plus: even more consistent. All belgians saw it in the NT .... He just delivers!

Erm that is a bit too far, Hazard is atm one of the top 50 players in the world, Kevin is not even close...yet

He outperformed Eden in the NT. Period. So yes, he might not have the reputation yet, but he does have the game to match Eden. You will see and I will happily quote this post for you :Goober:

• Like 2
  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Christ's sake, how many times will we have to go through this...?! Hazard earns 540 000 fucking EUROS per month, which does 135k euros per week = £116k at the current exchange rate. All French-spe

The only way KDB is gonna get back in the Chelsea lineup is by actually playing well, something he hasn't done since this summer.

I stayed away from this topic as long as I could — and hopped to do so for the upcoming months — but I am too bothered by what's going on in this topic. And, Choulo, if I'm quoting you on this, it's n

Posted Images

I love kdv but better than wilshere calm down mate.. He may score more goals but his passing and tackling is noway as good as wilshere! Maybe in a couple of years he could be better if wilshere does not get better but believe me he will!

KDB's distribution is what he's known for, bit odd to say his passing is nowhere near as good as Wilshere :P

I agree that Wilshere is the better player atm mind u, Kevin has everything to prove.

De Bruyne will be this season's Juan Mata

I really didn't expect he was such a good player. When he was transfer to Chelsea from Genk, I thought he would pull a "Thorgan Hazard" (player not quite up to the level and being loaned forever). For exemple, Steven Defour was rated higher when he went to Porto, yet he's still struggling; the leap from Genk to Chelsea was too big to me. KDB's loan to Bremen was the best thing ever for him.

I'm still sceptical about Lukaku as I ever was though.

I wonder how KDB will develop though... as a Lampard, a Gerrard? More defensive?

De Bruyne will be this season's Juan Mata

I really didn't expect he was such a good player. When he was transfer to Chelsea from Genk, I thought he would pull a "Thorgan Hazard" (player not quite up to the level and being loaned forever). For exemple, Steven Defour was rated higher when he went to Benfica, yet he's still struggling; the leap from Genk to Chelsea was too big to me. KDB's loan to Bremen was the best thing ever for him.

I'm still sceptical about Lukaku as I ever was though.

I wonder how KDB will develop though... as a Lampard, a Gerrard? More defensive?

Then it might be ironic but Kevin might just overtake Mata's place in the team himself

Then it might be ironic but Kevin might just overtake Mata's place in the team himself

No one is overtaking anything, it's a squad game and every player has an important role in the team. For now let's just be happy we've replaced Benayoun and Marin with KdB and Schürrle, as well as got more depth in other areas too.

No one is overtaking anything, it's a squad game and every player has an important role in the team. For now let's just be happy we've replaced Benayoun and Marin with KdB and Schürrle, as well as got more depth in other areas too.

At first yes but eventually it will get to a point where one of those will be regular and the other will be bench warmer, rotation is not gonna be happening continuously forever. Kaka/Ozil are examples, Thiago Motta/Stankovic at Inter a few years ago and other situations... Of course only one out of 3 will start the big games and others will be on the bench then eventually one of them will start to get unhappy. The only thing is gonna keep rotation working is they are all on amazing form every time they come on to the field, which as we know won't happen. I think out of 3 places only 1 player nailed his place and that is Hazard.

Atm the other 2 starting places would probably go to Mata and Kevin, with Oscar/Moses and Schurrle fighting to disrupt these 3. Of course Schurrle can only play LW/best at LW and Moses at RW so Oscar would slot into the middle. It is almost as if Oscar is back up for Kevin, Schurrle is back up for Hazard and Moses is back up for Mata.

De Bruyne is simillar to Beckham for me :D

Let's hope he is more complete :)

George said it best, no pun intended:

"Beckham is a great player. Well, he can't tackle, has no left foot, cannot head the ball, he cannot dribble, he is not strong, he can't defend, he is rather slow, and not particularly tall; apart from that he is alright"

I will probably say this a few times more since we were said to be fanboys :Goober:

Told you so! Yeaaaaaah !

This guy is on Hazards level. The plus: even more consistent. All belgians saw it in the NT .... He just delivers!

And he is kind of ginger so that is just extra special. :lol:

• Like 2

well, it's only fair to put Eden ahead of Kevin because of the season he had with us last season.

That said, Kevin is still terrific! He seems to work harder than Eden - although I already notice the Mourinho effect on Eden's game (gotta love Mou).

So I do hope to see Kevin stepping up and shining for us. But I also expect Eden to do the same, so I think he'll continue to be a step or two ahead of Kevin at first.

I'm not sure which one has the higher ceiling, but does it matter?

At the end of the day both Chelsea and Belgium are lucky to have both

• Like 3

Last season in midfield, beyond the normal starters, we had Yossi Benayoun and Nathan Aké for cover.

Now we have so many quality players, it means our bench is going to look formidable. Whether it's going to be Moses-Mata-Hazard or KdB-Oscar-Ramires behind the striker, we have the makings of a great team. It's fucking exciting, isn't it?!

Last season:

• Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman
  • Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand
  • Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké
  • (Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel
  • Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses
  • Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses

Now:

• Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman, Schwarzer
  • Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand, Kalas, Essien
  • Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké, Kalas
  • (Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, van Ginkel, (Oscar)
  • Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Schurrle, *cough* don't forget Kevin :P
  • Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses, Lukaku, Schurrle, Wayne Rooney (?)

As far as I'm concerned, our squad has improved - in size, in versatility, and in quality.

• Like 1

Spot on, i have been saying for years that every season in the Roman era our first Xl has been better than United's (apart from 10/11), but there's a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's. As much as i love the cup win's in recent season's i would happily see less of them for sustained league success.

And thats what's going to be Citys downfall.

Players like De Bruyne and Lukaku have great personalities and love the club, Hazard chose us out of the many. City have two world class forwards at there disposal, yet whip out 50 million on two new forwards, then paying over 30 million for Fernandinho, and rumour has it there after Pepe from Real Madrid.

But so far they've almost spent 100 million yet there squad hardly needed any improvements besides a winger. Then what have we spent? About 30 million, could even be less.

Not to mention we've still got the old guard who will always be raising high spirits, where more than just team full of bought players, Chelsea is a lot more. Yeah sure City are getting a lot more new quality, but in the long run it can always turn around and fuck them over.

• Like 2

What I remember he was extremely nervous and way too eager to try to impress. He tried to force things which ultimately hurt his game. It was a good decision to loan him out for a year. He gained a lot of maturity in Germany.

That's exactly what I said after his pre season game against that USA team.

He was overpowering his shots and then later on he tried to play it simple then started second thinking, he just wasn't so confident after that. We had a great counter attack and he ended up from being able to square it to passing the ball back to our defenders, he didn't even want to try and take on the loose defender.

Not many people where confident in him after that game, but that loan really did him good.

Last season in midfield, beyond the normal starters, we had Yossi Benayoun and Nathan Aké for cover.

Now we have so many quality players, it means our bench is going to look formidable. Whether it's going to be Moses-Mata-Hazard or KdB-Oscar-Ramires behind the striker, we have the makings of a great team. It's fucking exciting, isn't it?!

Last season:

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman

Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand

Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké

(Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel

Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses

Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses

Now:

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Blackman, Schwarzer

Full-backs - Cole, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand, Kalas, Essien

Centre-backs - Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Aké, Kalas

(Deep/holding) midfielders - Lampard, Romeu, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, van Ginkel, (Oscar)

Attacking midfielders - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Schurrle

Forwards - Sturridge, Ba, Torres, Moses, Lukaku, Schurrle, Wayne Rooney (?)

As far as I'm concerned, our squad has improved - in size, in versatility, and in quality.

What am I missing Sturbridge, Benayoun