Paul Pogba

Madmax

4 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are in constant contact with Paul Pogba’s entourage about a possible summer transfer move, as recently as last week, GFFN has learnt.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/chelsea-maintain-contacts-for-paul-pogba/

We saw the same old crap last summer.

I have a feeling that such rumours are deliberately being spread by some parties within Chelsea FC itself so as to paint a picture that the club is working hard on big transfers.  Stories on being in "constant contact with the players and agents" and "bidding XXX amount" will get the fans on their side and when such bids inevitably fail, the Board can rely on the fans' sympathy that it at least tried.

The truth is that the Board does not want to invest the necessary amounts needed to give Conte a chance at trophies.  The aim is to have the lowest net spend of all the Premiership clubs - that is the Board's real intention and yet they expect Conte to deliver results.  When Conte leaves in disgust as a result of not being backed or is sacked, no other top coach will touch Chelsea with a ten foot pole.  Who in their right mind would helm a coaching role with a club that demands for trophies yet spend less than a Bournemouth or Watford?     

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think the owner has pumped enough money into the club to get us to the top, it's ungrateful to constantly expect him to continue doing so - especially the type of money some of our fans expect us to shell out.  

I'm taking everything I read with a few grains of salt. But apparently city are more in for Kroos than Pogba. I just don't want to get my hopes up. I think i'll stick to my policy of not believing anything until I see the player in question holding up our jersey. 

4 hours ago, bellion said:

We saw the same old crap last summer.

I have a feeling that such rumours are deliberately being spread by some parties within Chelsea FC itself so as to paint a picture that the club is working hard on big transfers.  Stories on being in "constant contact with the players and agents" and "bidding XXX amount" will get the fans on their side and when such bids inevitably fail, the Board can rely on the fans' sympathy that it at least tried.

The truth is that the Board does not want to invest the necessary amounts needed to give Conte a chance at trophies.  The aim is to have the lowest net spend of all the Premiership clubs - that is the Board's real intention and yet they expect Conte to deliver results.  When Conte leaves in disgust as a result of not being backed or is sacked, no other top coach will touch Chelsea with a ten foot pole.  Who in their right mind would helm a coaching role with a club that demands for trophies yet spend less than a Bournemouth or Watford?     

It's the agents doing their lobbying - just part of their job. Big agents have media contacts and can generate some buzz whenever they feel it will help their clients.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Strike said:

If he joins Manchester United, whatever the fee is, it's not good news

I bet that there is some players in the premier league willing to get straight red cards to injure pogba so that he doesn't help man utd win the premier league title. when or if he plays for man utd against whatever other premier league clubs so that he doesn't control or give any positive tempo or controls the midfield for man utd and setups opportunities for man utd against the other 19 clubs.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

If he joins Manchester United, whatever the fee is, it's not good news

Agreed I'd rather us throw as much money we can so we can have a great midfielder and stop United getting stronger because they are a competition already now. Mourinho, De Gea, Ztlan, and if they get Pogba it's going to be so hard to win a game.

29 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

Agreed I'd rather us throw as much money we can so we can have a great midfielder and stop United getting stronger because they are a competition already now. Mourinho, De Gea, Ztlan, and if they get Pogba it's going to be so hard to win a game.

I'd rather use that 80 million and buy Kante and Bonucci. Besides, Fabregas-Pogba midfield would not survive against top teams and even team like Leicester might have a field day against us.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I'd rather use that 80 million and buy Kante and Bonucci. Besides, Fabregas-Pogba midfield would not survive against top teams and even team like Leicester might have a field day against us.

Like they did last year lol

4 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Agreed...as much quality Pogba is, he is more of a luxury player at this point from our perspective. Someone like Kante should be far higher in terms of priority.

And besides, only United can realistically match the transfer fees and wages to lure Pogba to England.

Not going to happen for us I feel. Man Utd will pay a record fee and make him the highest paid player in the PL. Unless Real Madrid go nuts and sign him for a higher sum. It will be a transfer fee and wage war.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You