Paul Pogba

Madmax

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

Ok he is not much better than Fabregas but WTF much slower Seri A and you're reason why you would take Fabregas over Pjanic is just stupid and there job is to assist score,and to create chances and Pjanic has 11 goals and 9 assist while Fabregas has 3 goals and 5 assists.

And therein lies the problem. Football is played at both ends of the pitch my friend. In the midfield you need to be tactically aware and in the right positions to DEFEND then attack. Anyways if you think goals and assists are all that matter.... I don't have much more to say to you.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

And therein lies the problem. Football is played at both ends of the pitch my friend. In the midfield you need to be tactically aware and in the right positions to DEFEND then attack. Anyways if you think goals and assists are all that matter.... I don't have much more to say to you.

He is a cm just like Fabregas they are creating they are not to defend players like Nainggolan,Mikel and others there job is to defend there are some players who are good at both.

1 minute ago, Chelsea4 said:

He is a attacking midlefielder just like Fabregas they are creating they are not to defend players like Nainggolan,Mikel and others there job is to defend and if you think Fabregas is good at defending then i don't have much more to say to you.

You're wrong... Where they are tactically deployed requires that they do need to defend on some level. Why do you think he has 8 yellow cards? does he have some sort of a bad temper? 

Nowhere have I said Cesc is a good defender, I simply said I would rather have him defending than a player who makes rash challenges and rarely wins tackles.

25 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You're wrong... Where they are tactically deployed requires that they do need to defend on some level. Why do you think he has 8 yellow cards? does he have some sort of a bad temper? 

Nowhere have I said Cesc is a good defender, I simply said I would rather have him defending than a player who makes rash challenges and rarely wins tackles.

Yes,they will try to defend but they are not really good at it and that's why you players like Mikel,Khedira,Nainggolan,Matuidi,Motta and other players there biggest job is to defend,to protect the defence.You can't have all you're players to be good at defending and attacking.

1 minute ago, Chelsea4 said:

Yes,they will try to defend but they are not really good at it and that's why you players like Mikel,Khedira,Nainggolan,Gabi and other players there biggest job is to defend.

Whatever dude... Yes there are anchor type defenders that doesn't mean the other player in the holding position doesn't need to defend... the fact you called them attacking mids highlights how little you know about their tactical deployment.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Whatever dude... Yes there are anchor type defenders that doesn't mean the other player in the holding position doesn't need to defend... the fact you called them attacking mids highlights how little you know about their tactical deployment.

You still don't get it I DID NOT SAY THAT they don't need to defend i just said there not good at defending and that one Dm can do the job with a bit of help from the others and Pjanic is a cm.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

You still don't get it I DID NOT SAY THAT they don't need to defend i just said there not good at defending and that one Dm can do the job with a bit of help from the others and Pjanic is a cm.

No, no... Nice try... You changed what you originally wrote but since I quoted you already and it stays there. You called them attacking mids. And btw the way in no system is a CM not required to defend.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

No, no... Nice try... You changed what you originally wrote but since I quoted you already and it stays there. You called them attacking mids. And btw the way in no system is a CM not required to defend.

Made a mistake did not wanted to say that but i give up you just don't understand.

16 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

hahahaha Pjanic has 8 yellow cards and only wins 1.4 tackles a game in the MUCH slower Serie A. I really wonder what game you guys are watching when you make outlandish statements like that. Cesc is by no means a defensive dynamo but I'd take him over Pjanic simply because he's not as foul prone as Pjanic.

I don't know if you watch him play, I really hope you do, because making a comment of someone you don't watch would be something else.

Regarding yellow cards, there were other season besides this you know. Last season he had 10 yellow cards in 46 games which is reasonable for a central midfielder (Cesc had 13 in 47 games).

Pjanic is faster and more mobile and that is fundamental diffrence. I think he is better defender than Cesc. Fundamentally he is better at keeping the ball under pressure which is what all is about.

But the most improtant thing is that the whole rumour mill is build on that Conte wants Pjanic, so he knows what Pjanic is about.

9 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

But the most improtant thing is that the whole rumour mill is build on that Conte wants Pjanic, so he knows what Pjanic is about.

Agreed. I am not a big Pjanic fan personally but if the new manager, whoever that might be, wants Pjanic then I want the club to try to get him. The conversations on here might be fun, and might lay down markers for some I told you sos later, but someone has to choose the squad and, since that is never going to be any of us here, it may as well be the man who is paid to make it work. Let's build the new boss a squad he's happy with and allow him to try to get the show back on the road.

2 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I don't know if you watch him play, I really hope you do, because making a comment of someone you don't watch would be something else.

Regarding yellow cards, there were other season besides this you know. Last season he had 10 yellow cards in 46 games which is reasonable for a central midfielder (Cesc had 13 in 47 games).

Pjanic is faster and more mobile and that is fundamental diffrence. I think he is better defender than Cesc. Fundamentally he is better at keeping the ball under pressure which is what all is about.

That is 100% true and thank you for telling him that.

6 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I disagree with pretty much everything bar Pjanic being faster. Yellow cards is one thing but have you not seen that when it actually comes to WINNING the ball Cesc is almost twice as effective as Pjanic? Have you ignored the frenetic pace the Prem is played at vs that of Serie A? When the pace goes up more mistakes occur.

Still, if this is indeed who Conte has outlined (Not that I believe any of this since we've been linked with so many players... Click bait if you ask me) as someone he wants to work with, then we do have to give him the players he wants to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You