Paul Pogba

Madmax

I would like Loftus Cheek to add goals and tracking back to his game, if he gains those two things i think he'll become a better player than Pogba, but so far he hasn't shown anything to give me confidence he can reach Pogba's level. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are considering using Nemanja Matic as bait to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba in the summer, according to HITC Sport.

Matic would be a beast in a league that plays with less tempo.

But is Pogba really needed here? I'd argue that there is no reason to pay incredible amounts for Pogba when he isn't even the best midfielder in the Juventus team. We have Loftus-Cheek who is an academy graduate and resembles Pogba in quite a few ways. 

Instead, we should be considering players in the mold of Pjanic/Verratti/Gundogan. Then go for Nainggolan/Vidal and our midfield would be far more complete than with Pogba IMO.

Pjanic - Nainggolan - Loftus-Cheek all the way for me. Not sure where Cesc fits in that squad but I reckon that he won't be here for that long anyways. He'll be gone after next season if not during this summer.

55 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

But is Pogba really needed here? I'd argue that there is no reason to pay incredible amounts for Pogba when he isn't even the best midfielder in the Juventus team. We have Loftus-Cheek who is an academy graduate and resembles Pogba in quite a few ways. 

Instead, we should be considering players in the mold of Pjanic/Verratti/Gundogan. Then go for Nainggolan/Vidal and our midfield would be far more complete than with Pogba IMO.

Pjanic - Nainggolan - Loftus-Cheek all the way for me. Not sure where Cesc fits in that squad but I reckon that he won't be here for that long anyways. He'll be gone after next season if not during this summer.

You think Pjanić is much different and better than Fabregas?

8 minutes ago, El P. said:

You think Pjanić is much different and better than Fabregas?

Yes he is more mobile and is more precise with short passing. His ball control is closer to that of Hazard than Fabregas and he performs better under pressure. Fabregas might be mighty with his long balls but Pjanic is good enough with those as well. Pjanic also scores goals and has a decent shot in him. There have been numerous occasions where Fabregas has a really good shooting opportunity but decides to pass instead because his shooting just isn't that good. I think long range shooting is something that we really lack as a team, you cannot just walk the ball into the goal every time.

And also, he is one the best set-piece takers in the world. We have Willian but having another one of that quality surely can't do any harm.

13 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Yes he is more mobile and is more precise with short passing. His ball control is closer to that of Hazard than Fabregas and he performs better under pressure. Fabregas might be mighty with his long balls but Pjanic is good enough with those as well. Pjanic also scores goals and has a decent shot in him. There have been numerous occasions where Fabregas has a really good shooting opportunity but decides to pass instead because his shooting just isn't that good. I think long range shooting is something that we really lack as a team, you cannot just walk the ball into the goal every time.

And also, he is one the best set-piece takers in the world. We have Willian but having another one of that quality surely can't do any harm.

Ok, but with all said, I'm am still not convicted that that guy is SUCH a big upgrade on Cesc. And if he is going to come, Fabregas must be sold. So don't know, I would firstly like to add some "Vidals and Nianggolans" in our team, and than maybe think about Fabregas replacement.

22 minutes ago, El P. said:

Ok, but with all said, I'm am still not convicted that that guy is SUCH a big upgrade on Cesc. And if he is going to come, Fabregas must be sold. So don't know, I would firstly like to add some "Vidals and Nianggolans" in our team, and than maybe think about Fabregas replacement.

Fabregas doesn't need to be sold they can play together with a great dm.

On 2/23/2016 at 0:25 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Why was he playing left midfield for Juventus? Because Allegri doesn't trust him ahead of Marchisio and Khedira because of the opposite side of his game which you don't see on youtube like defending and positional sense??? Or because it was Bayern Munich??

Late reply, I know, but he always plays left midfield in Allegri's system because that makes it very easy to switch to 3-5-2 when overloading central midfield with Evra moving forward as a left winger. It has roved to be an effective strategy difficult to defend against especially for teams parking the bus (which is practically everyone in the Serie A vs Juve) but against Bayern it was a huge mistake because they absolutely killed us on the wings. Should have gone with an actual winger instead of a second striker and Pogba at #10, imo.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

In defensive sense, Pjanic isnt all that better than Cesc. We should target Gundogan if you want a balanced midfielder.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

In defensive sense, Pjanic isnt all that better than Cesc. We should target Gundogan if you want a balanced midfielder.

Pjanic is better in defense than Fabregas but i agree Gundogan would be great.

4 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Please enlighten us, who is the best midfielder at Juventus?

Resemblance and actuality are in stark contrast. RLC has great potential but he is MILES away from where Pogba is right now, MILES.... 

And if you ask me Pjanic, Nainggolan and Cheek is one underwhelming midfield. The very notion of going into a new season with 3 players with little to no experience with the pace and power of the Prem scares the shit out of me... Especially with a shortened preseason and a new manager. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

40 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Pjanic is much better in defense than Fabregas but i agree Gundogan would be great.

hahahaha Pjanic has 8 yellow cards and only wins 1.4 tackles a game in the MUCH slower Serie A. I really wonder what game you guys are watching when you make outlandish statements like that. Cesc is by no means a defensive dynamo but I'd take him over Pjanic simply because he's not as foul prone as Pjanic.

For balance i think Modric will be the best, in other options is Wilshere but he is just too injury prone. I think both of them are better players than Gundogan

29 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

hahahaha Pjanic has 8 yellow cards and only wins 1.4 tackles a game in the MUCH slower Serie A. I really wonder what game you guys are watching when you make outlandish statements like that. Cesc is by no means a defensive dynamo but I'd take him over Pjanic simply because he's not as foul prone as Pjanic.

Ok he is not much better than Fabregas but WTF much slower Seri A and you're reason why you would take Fabregas over Pjanic is just stupid and there job is to assist score,and to create chances and Pjanic has 11 goals and 9 assist while Fabregas has 3 goals and 5 assists.

That isn't what their game is about. Gundogan does nothing for me and don't think he would be a great addition. Pogba is the name on everyone's lips, but it's unlikely for multiple reasons. 

Juventus star targeted for Conte’s Chelsea revolution

With the Italy coach all-but confirmed as the next Blues boss, his first task will be to snatch Paul Pogba from his former club to kick-off a raid on Serie A

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/news/transfer-market/juventus-pogba-chelsea-conte/

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You