Paul Pogba

Madmax

4 hours ago, Viper22 said:

My brother is a BVB fan and so I end up watching a fair few games with him aswell as getting my brothers knowledge and put it this way - he'd be chuffed if they got £10M for Gundogan now.

He's regressed badly since his awesome 2013 year, and since he broke his back (or whatever the hell he did, I'll be honest I can't remember) he's been an average player and Weigl, Castro and Sahin are all above him in the pecking order in BVB fan's minds apparently. Also whoever mentioned his wages being the reason he didn't move last summer (I think it was MagicLamps) is completely right, BVB were open to selling him but every team shat the bed at the wages and bonuses he was after.

Pogba is twice the player he is and although I wouldn't be disappointed to get Gundogan (better for sure than Mikel and Ramires) he'd be no more than a decent squad player for us ATM and the wage demands put me off a tad.

Then I was wrong about him, first time ever that I hear that he is no good.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I wonder if the transfer ban on the Madrid's will have an affect on where Pogba ends up? Recently heard that Zizou wanted him at Real...

I really want Pogba, but iknow we never gonna get him without CL.  Barcelona or PSG are favorites, and maybe City if Guardiola wants him. If we had done a good season this year I'm sure we had been favorites to sign him! Makes me so sad to think about it.

We must now start to forget about singning big international stars like Pogba, instead me must think about players that aint playing CL football and can wait for another year! I mean Stones and Barkley is a must.  

7 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I'm sure the board will find an eventual bid for him redundant after we'll go all out on midfielders like Joe Allen.

starting to come good is Joe Allan, a real Emenalo production signing I think.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He was shite tonight.

His performance on the 90 percent of the games, are almost the same that today's one.

¿which is the difference between today's game and another? One elastico, or one volley goal, no more. His overall game is almost always the same.

Is for that what I laugh a lot when I hear that Juventus is leaded by Pogba.

On 2/20/2016 at 8:03 PM, illmatic said:

His performance on the 90 percent of the games, are almost the same that today's one.

¿which is the difference between today's game and another? One elastico, or one volley goal, no more. His overall game is almost always the same.

Is for that what I laugh a lot when I hear that Juventus is leaded by Pogba.

LOL... Pogba's line against Bologna

Tackles 7

Interceptions 3

clearances 1

shots 4

dribbles 2

87 touches 

85.5% passing

Ya I agree, you couple those stats with a volley goal and you have a helluva player! You guys really need to start paying attention to the finer points of the game....

thank fuck we didn't pay that 100m for him in Summer. As many of his games this season, his performance vs Bayern showed what everyone not deluded by his hype nor his haters should have known before: Neither is he a world class midfielder nor is he an average one. He clearly is good, bags of potential, enormous confidence on the ball, always tries to make things happen, lanky, strong, athletic, good passer but could improve on tons of aspects such as his crossing, long passing, headers, off-the ball movement a.s.o. He might become a world class player once, but that point of time is clearly a few injury-free years away. Personally, I doubt he will ever become the 100m player he should already be according to some people but who knows.

btw according to transfermarkt stats he has somehow managed to grow a full 3cms at the age of 22. wtf. 1 or 1.5 cm is not uncommon, even in your early 20ies but more than an inch is almost impossible at that age Anyway I somehow suspect height statistics of certain football players being exaggerated when it is better for their profile like they do with Boxers or Wrestlers or in various US sports. According to different sources Mario Mandzukic could be anything between 185 and 190 cm tall. Usually, when I meet footballers  in person I am always a bit disappointed how short they are irl. 

Why was he playing left midfield for Juventus? Because Allegri doesn't trust him ahead of Marchisio and Khedira because of the opposite side of his game which you don't see on youtube like defending and positional sense??? Or because it was Bayern Munich??

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why was he playing left midfield for Juventus? Because Allegri doesn't trust him ahead of Marchisio and Khedira because of the opposite side of his game which you don't see on youtube like defending and positional sense??? Or because it was Bayern Munich??

When they deploy a 4-4-2 system, he always plays on the left. He has the legs the get up and down the pitch, and he has the freedom to attack in that role. He also has a good understanding with Evra. They don't have a natural wide midfielder in the team, Pogba is the best option. Khedira and Marchisio are also simply better holding midfielders. Pogba is an offensive midfielder after all.

He's enjoying a great season but he was quiet today. But to be fair, all Juve did was defend for the most part of the game so all their attacking players were quiet.

Pogba's not a big game player in general. Not yet anyway. He's 22, he has time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You