Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pass. Gundogan. Don't let another player go to ManCity who can orchestrate an entire lineup on the pitch. Pogba can't run a midfield and Chelsea need a player who can run the show from centre midfield.

We need structure and an all-rounder, not a tall, skilled AM who's not able to give us everything we need in MF.

• 2 weeks later...

If we are really going to get this mofo, give Juve Oscar and that Cuadrado guy, he is playing good for them. And give them 20 millions with those two. They will never get a better deal than that, especially with Cuadrado already playing good there.

3 hours ago, El P. said:

Would take Gundogan instead of Pogba with my eyes closed. Take Gundo and give RLC chance to become world-beater, that should be enough.

You would have to be watching football with your eyes closed to make a decision like that.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You would have to be watching football with your eyes closed to make a decision like that.

Ok sir, explain me why then. Gundogan isn't good enough for us? :)

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

Ok sir, explain me why then. Gundogan isn't good enough for us? :)

Whoa... slow down. I never said Gundogan wouldn't be good for Chelsea anywhere, I simply said you'd have to be watching football with your eyes closed to want Gundogan over Pogba.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Whoa... slow down. I never said Gundogan wouldn't be good for Chelsea anywhere, I simply said you'd have to be watching football with your eyes closed to want Gundogan over Pogba.

Tbh apart from couple crackers he scores, Pogba is nowhere near Gundogan in allround play. Gundogan was arguably best CM of 2013. 

Potential wise, Pogba is miles ahead though. But as of now, Pogba is alot less useful for a team that needs to add some control in their midfield.

That said, Pogba is more like Yaya and Gundo is more likev Xavi, entirely different players.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Then what's the deal? I never said Gundogan is better player than Pogba.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with me watching football or watching which player is better. I'm no blind man to tell you that Gundogan is better player than Pogba - he isn't. But they might be close.

I just think Gundogan would be smarter buy, for cheaper price and still (near) world-class. He is only 25, too, he can still develop. It's pretty certain that we offered a load of money for Pogba last summer - they rejected it. Also, I think Gundo would be safer pursuit, with bigger opportunity of player really coming.

Don't want to see Stones-like saga again. I think that was pretty pathetic actually, like there are no other defenders at the market.

For me, football is becoming about who invests better. Not who spends more like before. Nowadays everyone have money, and lot of clubs could afford 60+ million players, United and Arsenal are the best examples.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh apart from couple crackers he scores, Pogba is nowhere near Gundogan in allround play. Gundogan was arguably best CM of 2013. 

Potential wise, Pogba is miles ahead though. But as of now, Pogba is alot less useful for a team that needs to add some control in their midfield.

That said, Pogba is more like Yaya and Gundo is more likev Xavi, entirely different players.

I think Gundo is physically a lot better than Xavi and more suited for EPL. But Xavi was at Barcelona, so there's that. I see Gundo more like a Modrić.

54 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I would agree with this portion however, Pogba is much closer to Yaya than Ilkay is to Xavi... He's nowhere near world class. As a guy who watches a lot of Pogba I would say he is the much more versatile a midfielder than Gundogan. If you wanna talk about overrated look no further than Gundogan. 

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Then what's the deal? I never said Gundogan is better player than Pogba.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with me watching football or watching which player is better. I'm no blind man to tell you that Gundogan is better player than Pogba - he isn't. But they might be close.

I just think Gundogan would be smarter buy, for cheaper price and still (near) world-class. He is only 25, too, he can still develop. It's pretty certain that we offered a load of money for Pogba last summer - they rejected it. Also, I think Gundo would be safer pursuit, with bigger opportunity of player really coming.

Don't want to see Stones-like saga again. I think that was pretty pathetic actually, like there are no other defenders at the market.

For me, football is becoming about who invests better. Not who spends more like before. Nowadays everyone have money, and lot of clubs could afford 60+ million players, United and Arsenal are the best examples.

Gundogan is above average, not World Class... We don't need anymore players who can't decide games. 

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Gundogan is above average, not World Class... We don't need anymore players who can't decide games. 

Well, I'm no Bundesliga expert, don't know if you are.

Maybe someone who was watching Bundesliga this season regularly could tell us?

15 hours ago, El P. said:

After his meteoric rise in Nürnberg and Dortmund he has somewhat stagnated or even regressed a bit physicallly since 2012. Esp his pace and stamina have gone downhill with his injuries. Apart from that he is still a very good all rounder, good balance, agility, ball control, dribbling, decent strength, the epitome of the modern box-to-box midfielder, like a deluxe version of Axel Witsel. Surely better than above average more like good to very good. No one to decide games but to make your midfield click. Surely better than Mikel\ramires. BTW the reason he stayed at Dortmund was that no one, not even utd gave in to his exorbitant wage demands. And he will stay at Dortmund as long as someone does. I leave it to you if he is the player our midfield needs.

I only know Gundogan through FIFA since I don't watch much Bundesliga (read: any).  

According to whoscored.com, he's the 17th highest rated player in the Bundesliga (7.38 rating)   http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tournaments/3/Seasons/5870/Stages/12559/PlayerStatistics/Germany-Bundesliga-2015-2016

Pogba is the 5th highest in Serie A (7.49)  http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/5970/Stages/12770/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2015-2016

If you take note of such things.  

But, for comparison:

Chelsea's best player according to whoscored is Willian with a 7.18 rating (just Premier League).  Cesc Fabregas has a rating of 6.87

On 1/11/2016 at 9:20 PM, El P. said:

My brother is a BVB fan and so I end up watching a fair few games with him aswell as getting my brothers knowledge and put it this way - he'd be chuffed if they got £10M for Gundogan now.

He's regressed badly since his awesome 2013 year, and since he broke his back (or whatever the hell he did, I'll be honest I can't remember) he's been an average player and Weigl, Castro and Sahin are all above him in the pecking order in BVB fan's minds apparently. Also whoever mentioned his wages being the reason he didn't move last summer (I think it was MagicLamps) is completely right, BVB were open to selling him but every team shat the bed at the wages and bonuses he was after.

Pogba is twice the player he is and although I wouldn't be disappointed to get Gundogan (better for sure than Mikel and Ramires) he'd be no more than a decent squad player for us ATM and the wage demands put me off a tad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You