Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Precisely.

If this was anybody but Cahill it wouldn't be a problem. I don't understand why it is a huge issue at all, just seems a little bit of a petty thing to bring up, I mean I get it people like Azpi and want him to be captain ahead of Cahill but it just seems like anything to have a go now a days and its quite odd to see lol, the team won the trophy, it shouldn't really matter who lifts it. Especially after arguably his best game of the season, where even then the last games hes played since taking AC's spot, hes been to a pretty decent standard. 

Also his comments in the post match thing, he has received criticism this season, along with a lot of the team, Tibo made similar comments about receiving criticism and responding so again, its not really anything different to what I'd expect someone else to say who had been receiving constant criticism this season. He said the same thing a lot of the players/manager had said which was along the lines of "the season wasn't what we expected/hoped for not defending the league title", its not rocket science we could all see that, you can't really add too much more to it and we will see next season what happens because actions are louder than words so hopefully everyone comes back with a clear head, 10 times more motivation and performs 10 times better. 

Pardon me for being petty but I'd like to see the captain a tad more inclusive when it comes to the trophy crowning moments and it's not about Azpi here. Sure, Terry didn't do to begin with but he did so eventually. Would like to think Cahill should show some self awareness and share the glory moment with the vice-captain. As for his post-match comments, it's something I already alluded to and even you agreed with it.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:06 PM, Jason said:

Cahill likes to talk about this insecurity, the need to prove people wrong all the time, doesn't he? It's good that he has something to drive him on but it's also rather annoying. No one would be talking about selling him if he actually did his job and performed well on a consistent basis. He alluded to the fact that the small amount we paid for him in 2012 may be a factor that fans remain unconvinced with him. I mean, really? We paid for a small fee for Azpi too but do fans genuinely want him out? Should be looking to him as an example as opposed to like blaming others for him not recognized as a great.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pardon me for being petty but I'd like to see the captain a tad more inclusive when it comes to the trophy crowning moments and it's not about Azpi here. Sure, Terry didn't do to begin with but he did so eventually. Would like to think Cahill should show some self awareness and share the glory moment with the vice-captain. As for his post-match comments, it's something I already alluded to and even you agreed with it.

Yes its true regarding the comments and I did agree, but its not like it was 100% about him, there is not much else you can say as a player about the team this season as opposed to "we played very poor this year" or "this season wasn't good enough" etc. hes also came out and said a lot regarding wanting the managers future to be resolved as well as talking about how hes had his critics this season, like many players, so its nothing particularly unexpected or for me anything that is trying to "overshadow" the clubs win in any regard if that's what you were hinting at.

As a player I'd be disappointed still to have finished 5th, FA cup or not. His comment about the FA cup saving our season is the only thing that ruffles my feathers a bit because it doesn't and he is not the only player to have said something like this either. It almost seems as if the players expect it to cover the cracks of another mediocre season after a title win, which for me it doesn't. Also everyone will get a shot of the trophy don't worry about that, I just think its looking for an issue when there isn't one, everyone shared the glory of winning. Just because JT and Lamps lifted trophies together doesn't mean everyone else has to in the future, it doesn't necessarily happen at every other club in the world so why is it a issue? Even then if this can be used as an excuse, as club captain this is his first trophy so obviously he has said that hes delighted to win his first trophy as Chelsea captain which isn't an issue for me, just shows that he is extremely proud to be the captain of the club, which there is nothing wrong with. 

Also not specially relevant but people have questioned if he is the right captain for the club too but the other comments he made about not having a good season by any stretch, the club being used to winning and wanting to bounce back bodes well for me. I think people are under the impression he is just a fanny which he isn't, fair enough hes not by any stretch of the imagination a world class player but some of the shit he has gotten about being a shit captain is a bit of a joke in all reality. 

• 2 weeks later...

He has had the disadvantage of playing on the LCB side a lot this season. That is playing on his weaker side and with him not blessed with pace, he will ne naturally more exposed. However when he came into the centre of our back three, you saw how much his performances improved.

• 1 month later...

Now that Sarri is officially our new head coach, how will Cahills future look like? will it be the end of him being in the starting lineup or perhaps even having the armband?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Valdo said:

Now that Sarri is officially our new head coach, how will Cahills future look like? will it be the end of him being in the starting lineup or perhaps even having the armband?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

He will probably be a rotation player and still be club captain, not a chance Sarri comes in strips him of the captaincy plus I think its fair to say the players all respect Gary being captain so it would be a idiotic move on all accounts (despite all the shit that was mentioned last season about him as a captain although he did a really good job in Terry's absence in the first year under Antonio and if last season wasn't so poor or indifferent, it would probably never have been mentioned at all). Only way he doesn't have the armband is if he is sold on but I'd say maybe David Luiz and 100% Kurt Zouma's future is in doubt, especially now Jorginho has taken Zouma's number and the talk of Daniele Rugani coming in.

Kinda funny that Cahill played only ONE game at the World Cup after talking so much about winning his place back in the starting XI last season to ensure he got selected. Didn't even contribute to anything meaningful in the end.

Best for all parties if he goes. Not good enough for the top level but good enough to go to a decent midtable side. He can do what Johnny Evans did where he leaves a big club and establishes himself as a solid piece for a lesser club.

Azpi as new captain.

Would be sad to see him leave. Not exactly a legend of the club but put in some great performances when it mattered most esp in the cl final 2012, the el final 2013, the whole 2014/15 season he was flawless. Then again in our recent fa cup final he was absolutely sublime in the mid cb position. But i guess he is bow too Immobile to play Sarrid high line in a 4 man defence so I understand if he night wnat to go and play first team football.

Think if he was up for it, he'd be a decent rotation option still but Christensen, Rudiger, Rugani if he comes in have to be considered ahead of him in the pecking order. Hes not exactly brilliant but with talk of Luiz going to Napoli, I think it would be better to perhaps keep a more experienced head around in case he was needed or even to play smaller games/cup games. In all fairness if he decided to leave looking back at his time here he has been a huge success, considering he came into arguably one of the worst Chelsea teams in the last 10 years. Like Azpi, only cost £7m, fair enough Azpi is different gravy but for an English player at the level he was, it was a pretty good deal. I'd assume Zouma will be sold on as well. 

Only thinking about the Home Grown quota. 

This means we are down to Moses, Danny (likely to be sold), Barkley, Fabregas, Loftus Cheek and Christensen. Think the club must sign a Home Grown player if both Danny and Gary are leaving. Wilfried Zaha? I can't think of anyone else who would improve the quality of the squad. 

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

This means we are down to Moses, Danny (likely to be sold), Barkley, Fabregas, Loftus Cheek and Christensen. Think the club must sign a Home Grown player if both Danny and Gary are leaving. Wilfried Zaha? I can't think of anyone else who would improve the quality of the squad. 

There was talk of Grealish.

Signing a HG third GK would be a wise idea

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Would be sad to see him leave. Not exactly a legend of the club but put in some great performances when it mattered most esp in the cl final 2012, the el final 2013, the whole 2014/15 season he was flawless. Then again in our recent fa cup final he was absolutely sublime in the mid cb position. But i guess he is bow too Immobile to play Sarrid high line in a 4 man defence so I understand if he night wnat to go and play first team football.

I thought his best season was 13/14, it was around December 2014 i felt his old habits were starting to creep back in.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

It's just a quota. Not compulsory to fill it.

Gary is talking about leaving... I've always stuck up for him, thought he was a good solid move when he signed, think he's been solid for the most part, think contes system didn't suit him the best and he for found out a bit and also reckon JT also massively coached/led him. If he now wants to go however then thanks big man but all the best....go on a free if you want, don't honestly believe there's a place here now for him. Always be remembered fondly but if JT, Frankie and the boys can be cast aside then he surely can.