Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Not start him but have him in the squad playing whenever needed.

lampard an am, ss and def. Not a cm.

also, I thought the whole thing with him was starting.

Think it's time to give that position and games for someone else.

Obviously not. If he didn't know before, then this season has shown him he won't be a regular anymore but will still get his fair share of games.

I

I

My criticism of him was that everything outside their box wasn't particularly good. I said in the matchday thread that if he didn't start giving Rami some help then he was going to get sent off. He was 30 yards behind Benteke for the goal, but that's also an issue with the tactics Rafa employed and was evident in the Spurs game too. Up until Benteke got red-carded and Villa lost their shape, we were losing the midfield battle and that's not the first time it's happened with Lamps in the team. It happened at Newcastle (where he scored a great goal, but we still lost) and it happened at Southampton too.

This is class. When Lampard has a bad game you are the first to criticize him, but when Ramires is shit and completely loses it, u say it is Lampard's fault that Rami got sent off. When Ramires makes individual mistakes such as the two tackles that sent him off or the tackles he failed in the middle which got us under pressure they are individual mistakes. Against ManU we won the midfield battle cos both rami and Lamps played a solid game. Yesterday we lost it for half of the game cos Ramires was utter shit and later because we had only 10 men. When it was 10 vs 10 we completely dominated the midfield. Lamps is not able to win the mdifield battle as sole midfielder. No one is.

Benteke's goal was not about Lampard being 30m away from it. That happens. You could also ask Ashley cole why he wasn't there. Our tactical formation is called 4-2-3-1 and not bee swarm. The Belgian's goal was a series of individual mistakes, none of them was Lamps's.

And this "outside the box" shit and in general your artificial search for terms that somehow limit Lampard's contribution is pathetic. Everyone can see that he still contributes elsewhere on the ptich. His long range passing has been good this season, his defensive work in the own 3rd, too. I was exactly him who made the 2 last clearances of the game in stoppage time yesterday, it was him, who started the move for his second goal of, he anticipated the space and got his movement outside the box spot on for his first goal.

This is class. When Lampard has a bad game you are the first to criticize him, but when Ramires is shit and completely loses it, u say it is Lampard's fault that Rami got sent off.

Actually I called Rami an idiot for getting sent off. He reacted badly to the situation he was in.

Against ManU we won the midfield battle cos both rami and Lamps played a solid game.

Which Man United game? Not the one we were 2-0 down in before we took Lamps off and replaced him with Mikel?

Yesterday we lost it for half of the game cos Ramires was utter shit and later because we had only 10 men. When it was 10 vs 10 we completely dominated the midfield. Lamps is not able to win the mdifield battle as sole midfielder. No one is.

We lost is because their midfield worked harder than our's, simple as that. The same thing happened at Southampton too.

Benteke's goal was not about Lampard being 30m away from it. That happens. You could also ask Ashley cole why he wasn't there. Our tactical formation is called 4-2-3-1 and not bee swarm. The Belgian's goal was a series of individual mistakes, none of them was Lamps's.

Ashley? If you're going to blame a centre-back, why not blame Azpi who was closer to the play? It was a bad team goal to concede, but the double pivot requires greater workrate. Maybe I'm being harsh on him, and I accept that.

And this "outside the box" shit and in general your artificial search for terms that somehow limit Lampard's contribution is pathetic. Everyone can see that he still contributes elsewhere on the ptich. His long range passing has been good this season, his defensive work in the own 3rd, too. I was exactly him who made the 2 last clearances of the game in stoppage time yesterday, it was him, who started the move for his second goal of, he anticipated the space and got his movement outside the box spot on for his first goal.

Of course he'd be back when EVERYONE was defending. That's not typical play though so it's hard to take much from it. If you look at the second goal, Luiz wins the ball back and it finds it's way to Mata who then lays it off to Lamps, but that goal is all about a moment of genius from Hazard. You can't absolve Lamps of blame because 'the team' wasn't working hard enough and then not give them credit for doing well for the goal.

Like I said, I'll trust Mourinho's judgment when it comes to Lamps, but I think our future lies elsewhere for that position. Nothing changes the fact he's a legend that I consider myself lucky to have seen from his first game to possibly his last. People who want to make out I'm a 'Lampard hater' really can go fuck themselves.

dont get other peoples dislike for him as a person he's hardly ever in the news or anything.Hard to judge someone on only what you read in a paper which is bound to be made dramatic...

Anyho glad he got there!!!!Hope we dont let him go!Be daft to and very sad if we do...

Actually I called Rami an idiot for getting sent off. He reacted badly to the situation he was in.

Which Man United game? Not the one we were 2-0 down in before we took Lamps off and replaced him with Mikel?

We lost is because their midfield worked harder than our's, simple as that. The same thing happened at Southampton too.

Ashley? If you're going to blame a centre-back, why not blame Azpi who was closer to the play? It was a bad team goal to concede, but the double pivot requires greater workrate. Maybe I'm being harsh on him, and I accept that.

Of course he'd be back when EVERYONE was defending. That's not typical play though so it's hard to take much from it. If you look at the second goal, Luiz wins the ball back and it finds it's way to Mata who then lays it off to Lamps, but that goal is all about a moment of genius from Hazard. You can't absolve Lamps of blame because 'the team' wasn't working hard enough and then not give them credit for doing well for the goal.

Like I said, I'll trust Mourinho's judgment when it comes to Lamps, but I think our future lies elsewhere for that position. Nothing changes the fact he's a legend that I consider myself lucky to have seen from his first game to possibly his last. People who want to make out I'm a 'Lampard hater' really can go fuck themselves.

I dont understand why you still want to get rid of him. One of the main reasons why people thought he should leave, was the fact he had so much power, and the managers were using him as a starting XI even when he was bad. He accepted the squad player role this season, and while his vintage performances belongs to the past, he has been pretty decent and he has 15 goals.

You love stats, so why not keep a "squad player" who can score 15 goals in a season? and he is not a mere squad player, he is Frank Lampard, the real Mr. Chelsea, after all.

I dont understand why you still want to get rid of him. One of the main reasons why people thought he should leave, was the fact he had so much power, and the managers were using him as a starting XI even when he was bad. He accepted the squad player role this season, and while his vintage performances belongs to the past, he has been pretty decent and he has 15 goals.

You love stats, so why not keep a "squad player" who can score 15 goals in a season? and he is not a mere squad player, he is Frank Lampard, the real Mr. Chelsea, after all.

Fair enough .... Had not thought of it like that actually.

I dont understand why you still want to get rid of him.

I don't. I'd love Frank to stay forever. He's a legend.

But I don't know if Frank the player is the best fit for this team. Yes you can point to yesterday, Stoke away, Everton away and maybe Swansea at home as classic Frank performances, but he used to put them in every week.

I accept there's a case for that being enough to offer him a new contract.

I really don't love stats, but I think they have their place. Does what we gain from having him in the squad make us better as a team, or are there other options out there? Yesterday was the classic example - we struggled in midfield but he scored two goals.

As long as he'd be willing to take a wage decrease I'd be more than happy to let him stay. What shouldn't be acceptable, however, is that he stays for another year on 150 thousand quid (or whatever the number is) a week. Just because he's been a legend at this club does not entitle him to an extraordinarily high wage. Don't get me wrong, he's an invaluable squad player and his contribution is excellent (on and off the pitch), but his performances certainly do not justify keeping him on £150,000 per week.

Its a shame he got booked yesterday because in that interview, he said he would have jumped in the crowd, that would have been so good!

Seemed like the fans were there on the pitch w/ him celebrating ;) Cheers Mate!!!