Frank Lampard

DavidEU

This season will definitely go down as one of the best of his career, for obvious reasons. It's amazing how well he has performed, considering the contract rumours etc. Lamps truly is an inspiration. If he does indeed leave this year then he's obviously going to leave on a high, regardless of what happens in the Europa League final, because he scored the two goals that were needed to break the record and the goals that secured our Champions League spot, and everybody is praising him for his achievement. And that would be a great way to leave the club.

An even better way of saying farewell, though, would be by actually winning the title in his last season with the club, which is why I really want to see him remain at the club for at least one more year, especially now that Mourinho's returning. We all know that he and Mourinho would love to work with one another again, and with Mourinho back we will become serious contenders for the title again. In fact, we would become favourites. I cannot see Moyes winning the league in his first year with United, and I cannot see this passionless City team win another league during the next few years. Imo it will be a Chelsea - United battle from now on, and Lampard could end the career in a perfect way, by actually winning the title. And we shouldn't forget about the Champions League.

I saw Osgood and Zola play for Chelsea and Frank is better than both of them ,the only one I can think of who compares is Jimmy Greaves and that is with my old mans input ,but Greaves was only at Chelsea for two seasons ,so for that reason Frank Lampard is declared by me as Chelsea's greatest ever player ,some will only appreciate how good he is when he is gone ,some think he only scores goals they are very wrong ,Frank is an allround midfielder who has everything ,the goals are the icing on the cake.

I heard when Chelsea sold Greaves it took them a long time to pick themselves up after losing a massive player, that's just what I heard of course.

Anyway nice to have you on the forum, it's good to get an insight from one of the good old fans.

An even better way of saying farewell, though, would be by actually winning the title in his last season with the club, which is why I really want to see him remain at the club for at least one more year, especially now that Mourinho's returning. We all know that he and Mourinho would love to work with one another again, and with Mourinho back we will become serious contenders for the title again. In fact, we would become favourites. I cannot see Moyes winning the league in his first year with United, and I cannot see this passionless City team win another league during the next few years. Imo it will be a Chelsea - United battle from now on, and Lampard could end the career in a perfect way, by actually winning the title. And we shouldn't forget about the Champions League.

This.

No matter what some people on here say. Lamps is still good enough and the fact that he actually has arranged himself with a bit-part role as under Benitez, playing about every 2nd game + Mourinho returning roobs them of any valid basis of arguments.

Mou will love to work with Lamps again. With him and some decent signings we will be challenging on all fronts again and Lamps can be an important part of that team. Mou also likes to play a 4-3-3 with Lamps's favourite position in it.

This season we have bitten ourselves for letting kalou go and having to play guys like Marin and Benayoun. Next season if we really let Lampard go we will have to play average players like Essien in his position.

I love him and am really grateful for so many years of wonderful memories. At the same time however I really hope we don't offer him a new contract. It will just turn ugly. He is already on the decline and his wages just don't justify his level of play right now. If he is willing to accept a substantial pay cut, then I'd be happy for him to stay.

This.

No matter what some people on here say. Lamps is still good enough and the fact that he actually has arranged himself with a bit-part role as under Benitez, playing about every 2nd game + Mourinho returning roobs them of any valid basis of arguments.

Mou will love to work with Lamps again. With him and some decent signings we will be challenging on all fronts again and Lamps can be an important part of that team. Mou also likes to play a 4-3-3 with Lamps's favourite position in it.

This season we have bitten ourselves for letting kalou go and having to play guys like Marin and Benayoun. Next season if we really let Lampard go we will have to play average players like Essien in his position.

If we're going to play 433 then he still has a place in the team, but I think you're then losing a lot of what Mata brings to the team if you shift him out wide.

Thinking back on his performance yesterday, he was 10/10 in Villa's penalty box. He's amazing there, the best midfield goalscorer of his generation and one of the best of all time.

My criticism of him was that everything outside their box wasn't particularly good. I said in the matchday thread that if he didn't start giving Rami some help then he was going to get sent off. He was 30 yards behind Benteke for the goal, but that's also an issue with the tactics Rafa employed and was evident in the Spurs game too. Up until Benteke got red-carded and Villa lost their shape, we were losing the midfield battle and that's not the first time it's happened with Lamps in the team. It happened at Newcastle (where he scored a great goal, but we still lost) and it happened at Southampton too.

I think people need to make a distinction that is hard to make - there's Lampard the gentleman, the legend, the ambassador and one of the best players we've ever had the fortune to watch....but there's also this 34 year old midfielder whose game doesn't seem to mesh with what we're trying to do going forward.

One is a no-brainer to offer a contract to...the other isn't.

if there's somebody who wishes for him to leave here's a little instruction for you:

1. hit your head against a wall

2. think how many times we've reminisced about strong bench with the likes of Essien, Ballack, Belletti. all old but capable of changing the game and great addition to the squad. don't make an arsenal out of us.

if there's somebody who wishes for him to leave here's a little instruction for you:

1. hit your head against a wall

2. think how many times we've reminisced about strong bench with the likes of Essien, Ballack, Belletti. all old but capable of changing the game and great addition to the squad. don't make an arsenal out of us.

That isn't what Arsenal did. They underinvested. Rather than telling people to hit their heads against walls, why don't you actually go back and look at what Arsenal did - we couldn't be more different from them if we tried.