Frank Lampard

DavidEU

If we look at Mikel or Luiz taking one spot, then that's Ramires, McEachran, Lampard, De Bruyne and Oscar going for another in our strongest line-up. That's based on us not signing another player too or recalling Chalobah. You can say that it's 7 players into 2 spots if you want.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion yet that Oscar and Luiz will play in the pivot. Still a long way to go.

Either way, the reasons for the board deciding to let him go are fairly sound. The experience argument is great but then you have to acknowledge when we've missed inexperiences players like Terry in the CL or recent weeks and survived or when experienced players simply haven't stepped up and 'transmitted' their knowledge to other players.

Ultimately your argument is this;

:doh:

Did I specifically said we won't win anything with these young players?! No! My point was about that the players could do with someone of Lampard's experience especially when the going gets tough like in the business end of the season or if we get into a bad moment during it or in games. We may or may not get through that sometimes but the benefits of having someone like Lampard would be great! Furthermore, I also mentioned he too can help the players off the pitch as they can learn things from Lampard in training etc!

Scholes took a job coaching the young guys at Utd

Lampard should do the same, he's taken or is taking his coaching badges remember an interview last year.

He should be groomed by the club to train the current midfielders and the youth guys, as well as staying at the club - potentially for the managerial hot seat in 3-4 years. Maybe start as Assistant or something and work up.

It just makes no sense for a true legend to walk away!

Look how successful other Chelsea staff have been in managing other clubs - sure Rogers, Clark and even Zola are all doing well - much better than Roy Keane, Steve Bruce etc :P

So c'mon Chelsea - sort it out :)

Clark learned from the best though and you could also say the same about Rodgers. I'd love to see Clark eventually end up as Chelsea boss, hes looked like a very promising manager so far at West Brom.

I know this was posted on the previous page, but, for me this practically settles it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2255714/Frank-Lampard-leaving-Chelsea-deal--Neil-Ashton.html

Neil Ashton is, sadly, never wrong about Chelsea. I just hope that he is treated with the utmost respect when he leaves. The club and Frank have to come out a couple of month before and say that they agreed to part company at the end of the season. We have to give him testimonial match. Like term said, Frank will be remembered as our all time best player and history will remember how we treated him when he left.

Did I specifically said we won't win anything with these young players?! No! My point was about that the players could do with someone of Lampard's experience especially when the going gets tough like in the business end of the season or if we get into a bad moment during it or in games. We may or may not get through that sometimes but the benefits of having someone like Lampard would be great! Furthermore, I also mentioned he too can help the players off the pitch as they can learn things from Lampard in training etc!

The majority of the youngsters have been around him for a while now. At some point you've got to put the ball in the next generation's hand and let them run with it.

The guy is going to go down as one of our greats, but time waits for no man. We've just got to do what others have said here and give him a great send-off.

The majority of the youngsters have been around him for a while now. At some point you've got to put the ball in the next generation's hand and let them run with it.

The guy is going to go down as one of our greats, but time waits for no man. We've just got to do what others have said here and give him a great send-off.

Totally agree. For experience in big games and tournaments etc, we have Ashley, Mikel, JT, Torres, Cech, Branna, Paulo even Mata being 2 time European Champion and WC winner so its not like Lamps leaving leaves us full of rookies who haven't done anything in the game.

Hard to believe Mikel is only 25, seems like hes been here for 15 years lol.

We said the same about Drogba as well..it's replacing ashley cole that I'm losing sleep over, I don't think Bertrand is ready yet.

Sometimes he looks like he might be up to it, sometimes not. He needs a run in the team but we really need to tie up Ashley for at least another year.

Going back to Lamps, I think the closest thing to him in the league might end up being Dembele. Shame we didn't go after him harder.

If we had to chose one out of Frank and Ash I know who I'd chose, Cole. Good MFs are easier to come by these days but there's what 3 or 4 top LBs in the world right now, I'd rather lose Frank and have Ash than the other way around.

He can help these younger lads to get better be it with their football abilities, skills or the know how on how to react in tough situations during matches.

As mentioned earlier, they can help to guide the younger players with their footballing abilities and knowledge in the game off the pitch and on it, particularly during tough circumstances, these experienced players can be called upon when needed to calm things down.

Hmm.....

Not sure what people are thinking right now after his poor match against the worst team in the league. Lampard is not a consistent player since 09/10 season.

I dont agree with the argument we need Lampard to teach the younger players. The squad right now has a gap, between a bunch of U-23 players and some players in his 30. We need some players that are in their prime, 25 to 30 years old.

Not sure what people are thinking right now after his poor match against the worst team in the league. Lampard is not a consistent player since 09/10 season.

I dont agree with the argument we need Lampard to teach the younger players. The squad right now has a gap, between a bunch of U-23 players and some players in his 30. We need some players that are in their prime, 25 to 30 years old.

I don't know if he was tired or injured last night, but his performance doesn't seem to have led to much talk either in the media or on here about giving him a new contract.

Didn't see much leadership or experience on show last night. Maybe he didn't 'transmit' the importance of this game to us fans, to the youngsters.