Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I think we will go after another marquee signing in last days; one of Cavani, Modric, Falcao, Hulk,...

I have this feeling aswell. We've negotiated this Moses deal hard, which makes me think we're trying to keep this and the Azpilicueta deals down because they are likely to first come as squad players, and it justifies then one last big signing. If we sign up Moses and Azpilicueta then the final transfer (if there is to be one) must be either a striker or a central midfielder. With Moses there is absolutely no point now buying Hulk.

Modric or Cavani i wouldn't turn down but i think we would be much better off without such a superstar name. Somebody like llorente up front or tiote/witsel in midfield i think would be greater value for money. But we all know roman doesn't do things by halves :D

If Sturridge leaves we will get another Striker. Moses would then become the 'Sturridge/Kalou' of the team. A winger/striker. Still a bit light I would say unless the CF we buy is real quality like Cavani.

You predict Moses role correctly, but this rumors about Stur leaving went out of nowhere, so they shouldn't be considered as more then rumors. For me, we don't need anyone more now. Maybe in winter window, when our forwards (Torres, Danny or Moses) will not do their job as they should.

Wow, squad is pretty much complete now. All we "need" is one more quality player for the pivot who's great at linking up play, but I think we can manage for now.

Perhaps we could do with a proper third option at CF but I don't think we'd lose much if we didn't.

The squad is about 2 signings away from being the actual perfect squad. It's been a long time before we could actually say that. What a transfer window. Hats off to Roman, Gourlay and Emelano who deserve tons of credit for pulling it off.

We would be really really REALLY sure we are signing another striker otherwise we would be complete idiots to let him go just so.

yeah i agree, with many our squad is in tip-top shape. we have great competition on all front espeically on the wings(with marin and moses and hazard) then also have mata/oscar through the middle. if we can keep possesion more and more the less the opposition has a chance to attack our greatest weakness, because other than mikel-lamps that double pivot isn't up to par with rest of the squad, just hope RDM will switch to 433 or get someone like rambo or oscar to thirve there till we can sure it up next window.

With the squad we are building, Sturridge will be an idiot to leave. He has a lot of chances of winning something here than at liverpool. He should look at dzeko and Balloteli. World class strikers who have to be rotated so that the team can win something. But if he wants to play week in week out for 90minutes without winning shit, then thats his choice.