Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

After watching today's game, the weaknesses in our team seemed so obvious. We need a RB who has pace, can pass well and can contribute in the attack. Ivanovic was really poor in these categories. Hopefully azpi can improve on this. We also need width. We were so narrow, we desperately need a RW who can cross the ball in. I used to be a fan of getting hulk, but I believe, Sturridge can be the same player, and that Victor Moses would be a better option for us (both tactically and financially). I also don't understand why cavani would be more successful here than Torres. His touch isn't better, he's not a better dribbler not is he creative. He will need the same type of service Torres needs. I'd prefer to spend that money on a world class player for the pivot.

Note that I'm not trying to diss Ramires and Ivanovic. They should be used against big teams, in a defensive formation that won us the CL last year, but when we played possession based attacking football they were our weak points. If we just add better attacking players at that position, and maybe another striker we shall have a fantastic team.

I would prefer a more mobile central midfielder like tiote + moses for less than what cavani or hulk would cost.

Having seen the likes of mata, hazard and oscar linking up already i think moses would be an excellent addition to them given the price.

We badly need a striker. Torres scored but he still looks well past his best, shadow of the player at Liverpool. Cavani would make us title contenders.

To be honest, yes it would make us contenders but to be good enough to win it we need a new DM setup. Either start using two of Romeu/Essien/Oscar/Ramires instead of Lampard and Mikel or buy one in January. It'll help improve our defence and attack because of the better protection/shielding the back 4 would get and better ability to keep the ball/transition into attack.

Yeah I actually may prefer Modric. Although I'd prefer a true DM above even him. The goals will come. Even with Torres 'struggling' (Yet he scored a goal...) we have been managing just fine in the goals department. Torres may become a Gomez type in which he doesn't play brilliantly but is in the right place at the right time to stick the ball into the back of the net. Improving our double pivots will lead to the most improvement in our team, me thinks.

I watched yesterday game and figured this out;

If we want to have realy title strong team, four players are must.

1. Reserve RB to rotate with Iva, who could get injured, banned, rested or just playing in CB in case two of our regular CBs get injured. Perfect player would be Azpi for around 10mio.

2. Powerful CM, who will fight for every ball in midfield, similar to Maka, Essien or Toure nowdays. As much I like Mikel and he has improved, he still can, his stamina and speed will never match the ones of Yaya Toure or Essien in past. That means we would require someone strong in MF. I have no idea who could this be. Probably best option is Witsel, but he is quite expensive and lacks of defensive work too much. Tiote maybe. Or we just stick with Mikel and Lamps/Oscar with Essien and Romeu on bench. Lamps meanwhile, has replacement in either Oscar or De Bruyne. NO need for Modric type of player then. What will be improved: well midfield lacks of energy, Mikel cant defend back four enough, because his stamina and speed are too low. With someone capable doing that, we would recived less goals and other pivot (Lamps or whoever, who is more offensivly oriented) would have more time concentratin on attack, because now with Mikel and Lamps, no one is fast enough to run down the midfield, which causes defence lot of problems when opposition attacks.

3. RW, because Rambo is clearly not good there, Danny wont play there and Oscar is not explosive enough to rush down the flank. Hulk is probably too expensive, also big risk. Moses or Ayew for about 10 mio, maybe someone else. What will be improved: clearly we have not single natural winger or at least someone who can play there whole season and gives us some additional options. Hulk is good player, but Im not sure if he would fit well to this passing style we play now. Under Ancelotti, he would fit well, but now not so much. Moses is cheaper and probably similar player, but he is inconsistent and very unexperienced to play him as our main winger. Unfortunely, there are not many other choices left, but Andre Ayew could turn to be great player, his speed, stamina and ball control at same time are missing massively in our current team.

4. Striker. Or we keep playing Torres all season and hope he will explode, or we buy someone like Cavani or Remy. Cavani would probably end problems in attack, but then problem comes; what to do with Torres. Right now, I have feeling team is very happy when Nando scores, specialy Mata would be much dissapointed if Torres leaves or ends up on bench again after all his trying. But he is in this situation for too long and no team will ever be successful if their main striker cant produce goals (except Spain). Torres needs to create goals on his own, not just putting tap-ins and always expect crosses. Huge dillema here.

---

Well, RB and some sort of RW will come realisticaly looking for about 20-50mio both. Hulk or Moses + Azpi.

Striker would cost another 30mio (Cavani) and since board said they are counting on Torres, this is likely wont happen this summer.

CM is either not going to happen, we havent been linked with no one seriously, also Meireles would first have to leave. Also what we realy are missing (Yaya Toure type of player) doesnt ''exist'' right now. Yaya wont join us, Witsel lacks of defensive roles, Tiote is not fast enough, Cabaye or Modric are completely different players and then no one left realy. Or we make 35mio offer for De Rossi, another un-realistic option unfortunely.

Looking that our midfield will not be reinforced, we will lack energy in midfield for at least half season, striker probably not comming, we will have to depend on Torres and Danny alone for at least half season. If one of these two gets some super boost up, we will rock, other way there will be seriuos striker problems quite long time for us. And with lack of good striker, there is lack of goals (Mata, Iva, Lamps, Hazard cant just replace striker, even they score couple times), and with lack of goals, we lack of wins. Sure someone like Moses or Hulk could bring difference to Torres, but thats what we hoped before Mata came, then Hazard and Oscar and Torres still cant fullfill all the support he has. Yes, maybe Hulk might bring crosses to Torres who would score then, but that is a big IF. With Azpi and RW hopefuly comming in next 8 days, we will be quite good, but probably not title contenders in the end because of striker and midfield problems. Unless as I said Torres gets beast again, then we will be much better. But that is about 10% to actualy happen.