Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

What I like about this window is that we created a great foundation. Ever position has young players that should be with us for a while. Now we should play through this season, and see who steps up, and where we are weak at. If after this season we keep leaking goals, sign a marquee defender. If we aren't scoring enough, buy a WC striker and do on and so forth. The board has really set up Chelsea for success for years to come and we should applaud them. Ill say it over and over again, it's good times to be a chelsea fan.

Why do so few people on here seem to mention us needing a new centre-back? It's always "double pivot" this or "winger" that.

I understand that they've sorely needed sorting out, but our defence needs upgrading too!

Look at our defence.

Ivanovic rarely looks great when central.

Luiz is Luiz. He has great potential, but he isn't a great defender at the moment. (He'd make a good libero.) Far too reckless and often has awful decision making.

Cahill is fine really. Can still improve.

Terry is clearly on the decline.

Those 4 central defenders hardly scream out "Champion quality" in my opinion.

It's also not enough central defenders in my opinion if we're going to be competing in so many competitions with Ivanovic likely being rotated at right-back with Cesar.

This is why, although it's probably just paper talk and complete rubbish, I'm ecstatic to see us linked with Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa today.

I watched him many times last season, and honestly, he along with Hazard, was probably amongst the top 5 best players in the league.

He's 23 years old, and already captains Montpellier.

He's got extraordinary stamina & determination, and a beautiful work-rate.

I can't really judge his tackling as his positioning is so good that he usually just intercepts.

He is incredible at marking.

He's not the strongest of players or the most dominant in the air, but he rarely lets someone get passed him. (Even if this means committing a foul, which he needs to work on.)

I can imagine him leaving for £15million or less. Montpellier aren't exactly the richest of clubs.

He would improve almost any starting XI on the planet in my opinion. I'm certain.

We have the best central defence (quality and depth wise) in the Premiership. No other team in the PL has the ability to call upon 4 quality centre backs like we do.

City have:

Kompany, Toure, Lescott, Savic, Richards.

Utd:

Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Phil Jones, Evans.

Arsenal:

Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Djourou.

Liverpool:

Coates, Skrtel, Agger, Carragher.

Out of these players the only one who'd definitely get into our first team XI is Kompany. I can comfortably say too that Terry, Cahill or Luiz would also start for any of the teams mentioned above.

Seriously, I'd rather the 4 of Terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic rather than any of those.

People need to stop saying Terry is on the decline too. They say it every season, but I believe JT can still play at least 2 seasons more before any real noticeable decline.

Fulham and Aston Villa are looking at KRC Genk striker Christian Benteke. Benteke himself decleared last week he will only leave Genk for a team in the EPL..

Another Belgian moving? :D

I think he's gonna stay another year, unless Genk get's a nice price..

Plus we have Romeu who can fill in at CB, also we have a plethora of CB coming up from the ranks who should be considered first (Kalas, Hutchinson, Bruma, Chalobah) so I believe we are fine and it'd be a waste.

Hutchinson? The guy who may or may not even be able to play 10 Prem. League games a season and has been used at right back by us now and is intended to play RB for Forest?

Chalobah who's around 16? Bruma who's been nowhere near good enough for even a mid-table Premier League team if his loan is anything to judge by?

Romeu who can't even get a game under RDM in his natural position?

We have the best central defence (quality and depth wise) in the Premiership. No other team in the PL has the ability to call upon 4 quality centre backs like we do.

City have:

Kompany, Toure, Lescott, Savic, Richards.

Utd:

Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Phil Jones, Evans.

Arsenal:

Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Djourou.

Liverpool:

Coates, Skrtel, Agger, Carragher.

Out of these players the only one who'd definitely get into our first team XI is Kompany. I can comfortably say too that Terry, Cahill or Luiz would also start for any of the teams mentioned above.

Seriously, I'd rather the 4 of Terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic rather than any of those.

People need to stop saying Terry is on the decline too. They say it every season, but I believe JT can still play at least 2 seasons more before any real noticeable decline.

Terry IS on the decline in relation to what he was and what he is now. However I agree IMO he can still do a job for us over the next couple of seasons. I see this season being the first where he starts to get rotated over the course of the season with the other centre backs (as opposed to being naturally first choice), and then next season Cahill and Luiz begin to establish themselves as first choice pairing with Terry a capable backup, á la Carragher at Liverpool. Terry's turn of pace is woeful but his positional awareness is very good which will compensate him for another couple of years at the top level.

Hutchinson? The guy who may or may not even be able to play 10 Prem. League games a season and has been used at right back by us now and is intended to play RB for Forest?

Chalobah who's around 16? Bruma who's been nowhere near good enough for even a mid-table Premier League team if his loan is anything to judge by?

Romeu who can't even get a game under RDM in his natural position?

People are always overly optimistic about young players making an impact. The truth is that, chances are not one of those young defenders will ever play a meaningful role with us.

People are always overly optimistic about young players making an impact. The truth is that, chances are not one of those young defenders will ever play a meaningful role with us.

I personally can't see Bruma or Hutch ever playing big parts for us.

Chalobah is too early to tell but for his age he is definately a talent so fingers crossed. Agreed though that transition to the first team of one of europes biggest clubs is such a huge step. You only have to look at Bertrand only just making it through now at 23 to understand this. However i am hoping he can be a source of motivation to others coming through our ranks.

I personally can't see Bruma or Hutch ever playing big parts for us.

Chalobah is too early to tell but for his age he is definately a talent so fingers crossed. Agreed though that transition to the first team of one of europes biggest clubs is such a huge step. You only have to look at Bertrand only just making it through now at 23 to understand this. However i am hoping he can be a source of motivation to others coming through our ranks.

It's the reality of being a big club. You just aren't going to bring as much talent through because you buy so much more of it. Even Bertrand who looks pretty good so far, is he part of the future of the club? Probably, but when Cole retires, the manager, whoever it is could also decide to go out and spend 15M pounds buying a proven LB from somewhere else. If Chelsea have a hole at central defence in a couple of years, they won't turn to some inexperienced 20-year old, they'll go out and buy someone. Really, the only way to make the club as a young player is to go on loan and look good and then come back and work your way into the lineup as a sub. That's fine, it is what it is, but I wish people wouldn't expect so much from our young players.

It's the reality of being a big club. You just aren't going to bring as much talent through because you buy so much more of it. Even Bertrand who looks pretty good so far, is he part of the future of the club? Probably, but when Cole retires, the manager, whoever it is could also decide to go out and spend 15M pounds buying a proven LB from somewhere else. If Chelsea have a hole at central defence in a couple of years, they won't turn to some inexperienced 20-year old, they'll go out and buy someone. Really, the only way to make the club as a young player is to go on loan and look good and then come back and work your way into the lineup as a sub. That's fine, it is what it is, but I wish people wouldn't expect so much from our young players.

Also more in relation to our club is the managerial changes that don't help. Stability is just as important to the youth as it is to the established first team players. Robbie's use of bertrand is a positive sign, and i would love to see him here for the next 3-4 years at least rebuilding the club because he understand the club and it means something to him. I think when you have such an affinity for a club you're more motivated and determined to see young players come through.

LFC News@LFCTransferNRS

West Ham have agreed deal in principle to sign Joe Cole. Formal offer will be made imminently and then it's down to player

Would be good for west ham and would give the fans a lift but is a shadow of the player he was 5 years ago