Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It is understood Spurs refused to break their strict wage structure to accommodate Adebayor. But with the player refusing to accept a big pay-cut, City were forced to accept having to continue to pay the player the difference between his new wage of around £80,000 and his earnings at City in order to complete the deal.

Lol.

It is understood Spurs refused to break their strict wage structure to accommodate Adebayor. But with the player refusing to accept a big pay-cut, City were forced to accept having to continue to pay the player the difference between his new wage of around £80,000 and his earnings at City in order to complete the deal.

Lol.

Weren't Citeh going to let him going for free? That £5 million probably covers the wage that Citeh are paying to be fair.

5mil - we should have snapped him up!

He's inconsistent but a perfect back-up...

Would even consider Saha on a free

I agree, i don't particular rate him that much or particularly like him considering he has already played for half the clubs in london, but is a definate striker with Premier league pedigree and would be fairly useful as a 2nd/ 3rd choice striker.

Lol.

City are going to have so many problems with their wage structure over the next couple of years. Apparently Silva is stalling on a new contract because he wants wages in line with Tevez and Aguero.

Lol.

City are going to have so many problems with their wage structure over the next couple of years. Apparently Silva is stalling on a new contract because he wants wages in line with Tevez and Aguero.

Weren't Citeh going to let him going for free? That £5 million probably covers the wage that Citeh are paying to be fair.

But still they're paying money to a player that's not even theirs anymore, they also pay Bridge's wages and Santa Cruz is still on their books.

Ridiculous.

Adebayor completes a 5m pound transfer to Spurs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19334854

So if I understand this correctly, Citeh gets £5m, but still has to pay the difference in wages, which knocks their net income on this deal down quite a bit. For that price or possibly even a little bit more I would have gladly taken Ade. I find it strange that Citeh didn't have any better destinations that were willing to pay more.

But what really irks me, is that it's Spuds. They've managed to get an extremely good deal on a player.

David Silva unhappy with contract talks

http://www.soccernew...t-talks/100913/

yeah those cheating bastards wanted to have some 'exclusive sponsership deal' with the owners' own business to try and fix their way out of that. i dont know what the fuck they have planned i mean you would have thought that maybe they were done with the reckless signings but then you look no further than Edin Dzeko one and im left speechless. i blame it on the switch. i mean you need to have one stable manager if your going through a spending spree. Mark Hughes was there who signed all the likes of adebayor and bellamy and santa cruz but then came Mancini who switched it up and had different idea. oh well atleast its not my problem!

So if I understand this correctly, Citeh gets £5m, but still has to pay the difference in wages, which knocks their net income on this deal down quite a bit. For that price or possibly even a little bit more I would have gladly taken Ade. I find it strange that Citeh didn't have any better destinations that were willing to pay more.

But what really irks me, is that it's Spuds. They've managed to get an extremely good deal on a player.

I'm sure i've read before that Adebayor is on £170k at city. If he has moved to spurs on only £80k and city pay the difference then that is approx £4.5m for one season. Not sure how long adrbayor had on his contract but if it was more than one year city are effectively paying to sell him!

Definitely. City are going to have a major problem when they want to sell their players with the astronomical wages they're on.

Definitely. City are going to have a major problem when they want to sell their players with the astronomical wages they're on.

The problem has already started this summer. Until they start shifting some deadwood they can't bring new players in. Instead they are having to make buys with an eye on the future who's wages will be relatively low.

It's ironic that they are now english champions yet are only so far securing IMO second rate young players. Particularly when compared to the young talent we're snatching up.