Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I actualy feel sorry for them, despite they are our rivals. I consider these clubs as our rivals only when we play with them, but overall there is nothing realy bad with these clubs. NOT that I support them, just have no hard feelings toward them. And such shit board Arsenal has, I would be pissed with them if I would be their supporter. RVP was logic, as only one more year on contract, but selling Song for 18mio EUR is realy worst bussines from them in last few years. They wont win trophy for another 10 years and why on earth it had to be Barca who bought Song for such ridiculous price. They done great job there, no doubt but considering Song was best at DM position and Barca has Sergio and Cesc who can play there, he made one big mistake joining them. He might win trophies, but will he be important at that? No way, there are 15 players better than him in the squad of Barca, while he was best Arsenal player now since RVP left. Cant believe what is becoming of Arsenal. My prediction; MC, MU and Chelsea on top three, Newcastle fourth, Spurs fifth, Arsenal sixth,...

Lets say Arsenal receive a £15 million bid from both us and Barca. The likelihood is they'd reject our bid, in order to have him playing in a different league.

It isn't as easy as you lot are making out. We can't just match their bid and that's that.

Lets say Arsenal receive a £15 million bid from both us and Barca. The likelihood is they'd reject our bid, in order to have him playing in a different league.

It isn't as easy as you lot are making out. We can't just match their bid and that's that.

Yeah exactly, but even for say 20~25m I still think a bid is worth making you know? Arsenal love to sell...

That being said, I think a lot of us fans would love a prominent pivot/defensive midfielder but RDM does not seem to have that kind of player on his radar. If we close out the window without targeting one, it would make sense why we didn't bid for Song.

For us he would cost 25+.

Yes, but Arsenal knows Barca has tons of money. They lured Cesc last year. Arsenal has no financial issues and they didnt need to sell top player for low money. Song had long contract at Arsenal as well and they sold Rvp few days earlier. All that info brings to a conclusion that Arsenal board had no need to sell their top player and even they would, bid should be realy big. Similar to release clauses by some teams for their best players like Hulk, Llorente,...And yet Arsenal sold him for 18mio. Song was by today standards worth at least 35mio. With Rvp, he was 29 and only year left, they wanted some money to earn for him and turning down 25mio offer is not easy. Cesc was Barca boy and thats only reason he left. Nasri had only one year left too. And Song? He was happy with club, several years on contract and wasnt old either. Arsenal dont need money, they dont spend much ever. And to sell such player for a low fee like that was pure madness. Now they are looking after Mvila who will cost more and is less good player. That makes no logic. Arsenal become selling club for few years now, Henry, Adebayor, Rvp, Cesc, Nasri, Clichy, Song,...list goes on. We couls sell Drogba or Lamps few years ago and earn some money for them, but instead we kept them, won trophies but got no money for them. And Im damn happy for such reasonable policy, our club has. Arsenal will never win trophy, trust me, they cant keep their players and everyone knows they will sell for decent price nowdays. Next year it will be Vermaelen and then Scezsny and then Frimpong or someone.

Why? Because there is no loyalty. And why that? Because they have mostly foreign players. Chamberlain or Wilshere will probably never leave unless some serious bid will come for like 40mio plus. And I worry eventualy Oscar, Hazard etc will try to move to spain from here. Unless they fall in love with this club like Drogba or Cech...

The arsenal board keep moaning they have to pay for Stadium, but I think that was done years ago. Owners have lot of money and as usual Arsenal dont spend for new players, they dont need to sell. I guess once those greedy fuckers will have enough they will just left the club...Porto is another example how to get young talent and sell him for big money, but they actualy sell for big and still dont have such goals like Arsenal to acomplish. At current policy Arsenal wont win the league or CL for another 10years and that is why Wenger is still coach; he thinks buying cheap talent, turning them world class and then selling them is great, but he is deeply wrong. Im glad Roman is one big charity guy when comes to spending for our club. Just imagine selling Terry, Lamps or Drogba when they were at best, well Im happy there was never a worry these players might leave us.

If someone came up to me and asked me to forfeit 3 months wages to see Arsenal finish 8th, I'd do it in heartbeat. I fucking HATE their supporters more than those of any other club. Few things could please me more than seeing Arsenal suffer.

Only person I respect is Wenger. You see what he does with shit squads like he's had recently. Imagine what he'd do with our kind of budget. Great manager.

I seriously hope we put in a bid for Walcott, it will seriously weaken Arsenal, Walcotts pace is so valuable to that team not many people realise it, teams have to constantly stay back BECAUSE of Walcott and his pace, that's how much of a difference he can make, even yesterday for example, Oneil didn't want Sunderland to attack, he played for a point, because if Mclean started attacking then he will be tired against Walcott and leaving Richardson for dead.

Theo is actually a good player, he's been one for a while now.

I dream way too much but...

Torres

Hazard-Mata-Walcott

Tiote-Sahin

Sahin could play like the Alex Song role for Arsenal, play the pass through to Walcott for example, obviously things wouldn't be that one dimensional I'm just giving you an example, as we are not Arsenal, this is Chelsea FC. But Walcott is a good wide player, and actually underrated technical skills, he's a decent finisher and can actually cross much more consistently now days. He has the one off games where he's like his old self like Fulham last season for example.

That's a difficult question, because i don't know how Newcastle would react if we made a huge scene of us wanting Tiote and it was all on the headlines, would this urge Tiote to move here?, because he's happy at Newcastle and wants to stay but i think that's because besides Man United there's been no speculation of any other club wanting him, besides stupid dailyfail and goal rumors.

But this new signing Anita, looks pretty good, i don't think it would be the end of the world for Pardew to sell him but i bet you any money he will be stubborn about it, and for good reason. But for the right price he would let him go.

But why i have faith?, because Mike Ashley is their chairman. I think Newcastle would sell him for 16 million at least, that might be a lot for a DM, but i think he's definitely worth it, in fact i would pay more.

As for me including Sahin in my previous line up was just stupid. Because lets be honest, we will never get Sahin, and if we don't get any creativity in double pivot then a player like Walcott is pointless.

Well we have plenty inteligent players and now some hard worker would suit us. Such players dont give shit what kind of game they play, the critics and they handle pressure much easier. Toure, Ibra,...all play every game at top level because they handle pressure well. They might not be some fancy boys like Hazard or Mata but their consistency is 99% every game. If Moses can do that he would be best buy for me this summer. The next thing is buying experienced player in range of 24/27 yrs to comand and power the midfield. No striker is realy necessary unless Roman finds some extra money under pilow after Rb, Rw and Cm. And sure Benayoun, Malouda and Meireles should leave.

we need a striker because we have only 2 first choice strikers now - torres and sturridge. if both are injured, i think rdm will play piazon up front but i think he would rather play behind the striker. also, with 3 strikers, it gives us the chance to rotate for capital one cup, fa cup, ucl etc.

the arsenal board is in the middle of a War and many people seem to overlook that.

Kroenke just wants to reatain high profits and ride on the brand Arsene has built, while Usmanov would like to become the new Roman, upping his holdings in the club to someday oust Kroenke.When that day happens, (if ever) Arsenal will return to their usual competetive selves but untill then we shall profit from their internal struggles and continue AC3's trophy count since his departure. B)

I seriously hope we put in a bid for Walcott, it will seriously weaken Arsenal, Walcotts pace is so valuable to that team not many people realise it, teams have to constantly stay back BECAUSE of Walcott and his pace, that's how much of a difference he can make, even yesterday for example, Oneil didn't want Sunderland to attack, he played for a point, because if Mclean started attacking then he will be tired against Walcott and leaving Richardson for dead.

Walcott may have the pace but he is only useful when teams give him plenty of space to run into and operate. If teams sit deep and don't allow him that space, he is literally useless on the pitch. All he has is pace. He doesn't have the trickery and skills to beat defenders and create openings for himself.