Hamilton
Followers 11

• Replies 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus. They've agreed it's never going to happen. [emoji23]

It reminds me the day when we signed Hector and Djilobodji on the same day.

David Moyes is that ugly bloke at the nightclub who gets to 2am and just tries chatting up every girl. Take a hint dude - no-one likes you.

Posted Images

Yeah I actually may prefer Modric. Although I'd prefer a true DM above even him. The goals will come. Even with Torres 'struggling' (Yet he scored a goal...) we have been managing just fine in the goals department. Torres may become a Gomez type in which he doesn't play brilliantly but is in the right place at the right time to stick the ball into the back of the net. Improving our double pivots will lead to the most improvement in our team, me thinks.

I watched yesterday game and figured this out;

If we want to have realy title strong team, four players are must.

1. Reserve RB to rotate with Iva, who could get injured, banned, rested or just playing in CB in case two of our regular CBs get injured. Perfect player would be Azpi for around 10mio.

2. Powerful CM, who will fight for every ball in midfield, similar to Maka, Essien or Toure nowdays. As much I like Mikel and he has improved, he still can, his stamina and speed will never match the ones of Yaya Toure or Essien in past. That means we would require someone strong in MF. I have no idea who could this be. Probably best option is Witsel, but he is quite expensive and lacks of defensive work too much. Tiote maybe. Or we just stick with Mikel and Lamps/Oscar with Essien and Romeu on bench. Lamps meanwhile, has replacement in either Oscar or De Bruyne. NO need for Modric type of player then. What will be improved: well midfield lacks of energy, Mikel cant defend back four enough, because his stamina and speed are too low. With someone capable doing that, we would recived less goals and other pivot (Lamps or whoever, who is more offensivly oriented) would have more time concentratin on attack, because now with Mikel and Lamps, no one is fast enough to run down the midfield, which causes defence lot of problems when opposition attacks.

3. RW, because Rambo is clearly not good there, Danny wont play there and Oscar is not explosive enough to rush down the flank. Hulk is probably too expensive, also big risk. Moses or Ayew for about 10 mio, maybe someone else. What will be improved: clearly we have not single natural winger or at least someone who can play there whole season and gives us some additional options. Hulk is good player, but Im not sure if he would fit well to this passing style we play now. Under Ancelotti, he would fit well, but now not so much. Moses is cheaper and probably similar player, but he is inconsistent and very unexperienced to play him as our main winger. Unfortunely, there are not many other choices left, but Andre Ayew could turn to be great player, his speed, stamina and ball control at same time are missing massively in our current team.

4. Striker. Or we keep playing Torres all season and hope he will explode, or we buy someone like Cavani or Remy. Cavani would probably end problems in attack, but then problem comes; what to do with Torres. Right now, I have feeling team is very happy when Nando scores, specialy Mata would be much dissapointed if Torres leaves or ends up on bench again after all his trying. But he is in this situation for too long and no team will ever be successful if their main striker cant produce goals (except Spain). Torres needs to create goals on his own, not just putting tap-ins and always expect crosses. Huge dillema here.

---

Well, RB and some sort of RW will come realisticaly looking for about 20-50mio both. Hulk or Moses + Azpi.

Striker would cost another 30mio (Cavani) and since board said they are counting on Torres, this is likely wont happen this summer.

CM is either not going to happen, we havent been linked with no one seriously, also Meireles would first have to leave. Also what we realy are missing (Yaya Toure type of player) doesnt ''exist'' right now. Yaya wont join us, Witsel lacks of defensive roles, Tiote is not fast enough, Cabaye or Modric are completely different players and then no one left realy. Or we make 35mio offer for De Rossi, another un-realistic option unfortunely.

Looking that our midfield will not be reinforced, we will lack energy in midfield for at least half season, striker probably not comming, we will have to depend on Torres and Danny alone for at least half season. If one of these two gets some super boost up, we will rock, other way there will be seriuos striker problems quite long time for us. And with lack of good striker, there is lack of goals (Mata, Iva, Lamps, Hazard cant just replace striker, even they score couple times), and with lack of goals, we lack of wins. Sure someone like Moses or Hulk could bring difference to Torres, but thats what we hoped before Mata came, then Hazard and Oscar and Torres still cant fullfill all the support he has. Yes, maybe Hulk might bring crosses to Torres who would score then, but that is a big IF. With Azpi and RW hopefuly comming in next 8 days, we will be quite good, but probably not title contenders in the end because of striker and midfield problems. Unless as I said Torres gets beast again, then we will be much better. But that is about 10% to actualy happen.

Bid for Moses accepted and Azpi Marseilles squad. If we get both of them that will mean the end of this transfer window. Wasnt really a bad tansfer window fo us, though :)

I think we will go after another marquee signing in last days; one of Cavani, Modric, Falcao, Hulk,...

I have this feeling aswell. We've negotiated this Moses deal hard, which makes me think we're trying to keep this and the Azpilicueta deals down because they are likely to first come as squad players, and it justifies then one last big signing. If we sign up Moses and Azpilicueta then the final transfer (if there is to be one) must be either a striker or a central midfielder. With Moses there is absolutely no point now buying Hulk.

Modric or Cavani i wouldn't turn down but i think we would be much better off without such a superstar name. Somebody like llorente up front or tiote/witsel in midfield i think would be greater value for money. But we all know roman doesn't do things by halves :D

I am reading on readandwhitekop and they seem to believe that Sturridge is very close to signing with LFC..

surely this has to be a load of bollocks?

We would be really really REALLY sure we are signing another striker otherwise we would be complete idiots to let him go just so.

• Like 1

If Sturridge leaves we will get another Striker. Moses would then become the 'Sturridge/Kalou' of the team. A winger/striker. Still a bit light I would say unless the CF we buy is real quality like Cavani.

You predict Moses role correctly, but this rumors about Stur leaving went out of nowhere, so they shouldn't be considered as more then rumors. For me, we don't need anyone more now. Maybe in winter window, when our forwards (Torres, Danny or Moses) will not do their job as they should.

Wow, squad is pretty much complete now. All we "need" is one more quality player for the pivot who's great at linking up play, but I think we can manage for now.

Perhaps we could do with a proper third option at CF but I don't think we'd lose much if we didn't.

The squad is about 2 signings away from being the actual perfect squad. It's been a long time before we could actually say that. What a transfer window. Hats off to Roman, Gourlay and Emelano who deserve tons of credit for pulling it off.

• Like 3

We would be really really REALLY sure we are signing another striker otherwise we would be complete idiots to let him go just so.

yeah i agree, with many our squad is in tip-top shape. we have great competition on all front espeically on the wings(with marin and moses and hazard) then also have mata/oscar through the middle. if we can keep possesion more and more the less the opposition has a chance to attack our greatest weakness, because other than mikel-lamps that double pivot isn't up to par with rest of the squad, just hope RDM will switch to 433 or get someone like rambo or oscar to thirve there till we can sure it up next window.

With the squad we are building, Sturridge will be an idiot to leave. He has a lot of chances of winning something here than at liverpool. He should look at dzeko and Balloteli. World class strikers who have to be rotated so that the team can win something. But if he wants to play week in week out for 90minutes without winning shit, then thats his choice.

• Like 1
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic
  • Jase locked and unlocked this topic