Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

We are currently in a rebuilding phase, so I think it's too early to make a marquee striker signing. Having either him or Torres sitting on the bench wouldn't be an efficient way to spend our money. I still hope we get hulk, he will fill the void at RW for years, and can add depth up top. Just wish Porto would chill on the price.

Di Matteo has said we are looking for the right opportunities in the market. I'm sure we are trying to sign new players but we will not be held to ransom. The days of being the new kid on the block and ripped off are over, we are the European Champions!

I would say that only accentuates the getting ripped off.

Being European champions just means we have more cash to spend, so they'll charge us more.

Signing of RVP means real bad news for all United opponents

• It is going to take United to a new level (just imagine the fire power United now has up front, I mean if the opposite would score 2 goals United now has the capabilities of scoring 4)
  • This signing means they would match City players on players
  • But the thing which worries me most is that, with RVP coming in the pressure on Rooney would ease off a lot which he has been carry for quite a few season now and was looking at the verge of breaking down. And i'm sure everyone would agree that a fresh Rooney is more dangerous.

So lets the season begin :)

Whilst RVP is a great player, as is Rooney, having two great strikers on the books doesn't necessarily equate to a world class partnership that's going to 'click'.

We know this ourselves over the years (hughes/vialli, drogba/sheva, drogba/torres).

If they don't click together it may end up being an 'either/or' situation which could cause both to struggle like we experienced with drogba and torres.

Obviously they could work and score bag fulls but there is no guarantee and RVP isn't at the age where time can be given to make it work.

Whilst RVP is a great player, as is Rooney, having two great strikers on the books doesn't necessarily equate to a world class partnership that's going to 'click'.

We know this ourselves over the years (hughes/vialli, drogba/sheva, drogba/torres).

If they don't click together it may end up being an 'either/or' situation which could cause both to struggle like we experienced with drogba and torres.

Obviously they could work and score bag fulls but there is no guarantee and RVP isn't at the age where time can be given to make it work.

I reckon it'll work for United cause Rooney likes playing deep, he's apparently been training in a CAM role for the past 2 seasons.

And let's not forget, Kagawa looks like he'll be able to take United to another level by providing that link between midfield and the forward-line.

Anyway, what United needed was a CM/LB (according to United forum users)..but I guess it can't hurt to sign a class forward like RvP.

As I said before, something has to be done.

City = Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez.

United = Rooney, RvP, Chicharito, Bebatov and Welbeck.

Arsenal = Giroud and Podolski,

Liverpool = Suarez, Carrol and Borini

Chelsea = Torres and Sturridge.

1 thing I am sure, a misfiring Torres and Sturridge will not bring us the title.

• Ins
  • Eden Hazard - £32m
  • Oscar - £25m
  • Marko Marin - £6.5m

• Outs
  • Didier Drogba - Free
  • Salomon Kalou - Free
  • Jose Bosingwa - Free

Our transfers so far... so this is the replacement, anyone else thinks we still need more?, because i think we do desperately.

I think it's a near certainty that we'll bring in another striker (as well as Moses). The club have clearly been trying to bring someone to fill that place in the squad left by Drogba and i'm confident we'll see a striker arriving in this window*.

*If not, I expect a move for Cavani in January.

So Sir Alex has been quoted this morning as saying that there could be another signing this window if a particular player is available. Bet you it's Moutino.

If so, when a United fan says Chelsea or City "buy the league," they get a nice backhand slap. If what they're doing isn't trying to buy the title back from City, I wonder what they call it.