Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If we are going with 4-2-3-1 we will have serious problems in the double pivot. This area seems to be completley overlooked in this transfer window UNLESS Oscar is intended to play there. If he isnt, and we are stuck with Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Meireles there we struggle. Our buildup play sucks bigtime and its not like the defensive capability there is awesome.

Are we after any player who could fit there at all? Someone like Modric...Who's available? Sahin?

Do you guys think Oscar will be used as DM in the double pivot? Is he able to play there?

If we are going with 4-2-3-1 we will have serious problems in the double pivot. This area seems to be completley overlooked in this transfer window UNLESS Oscar is intended to play there. If he isnt, and we are stuck with Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Meireles there we struggle. Our buildup play sucks bigtime and its not like the defensive capability there is awesome.

Are we after any player who could fit there at all? Someone like Modric...Who's available? Sahin?

Do you guys think Oscar will be used as DM in the double pivot? Is he able to play there?

I don't think he will be, but he can however his best position in my view is CAM with the freedom it gives him etc... It will also depends on other signings we might have... I.e. if we sign hulk, Oscar might have to play there.

I don't think he will be, but he can however his best position in my view is CAM with the freedom it gives him etc... It will also depends on other signings we might have... I.e. if we sign hulk, Oscar might have to play there.

What does Hulk have to do with Oscar? They play in different positions.

What does Hulk have to do with Oscar? They play in different positions.

Simple! if hulk comes then he plays RW, Oscar won't start over Mata/Hazard in the CAM or Left Wing positions, therefore he either comes off the bench in those positions or starts in the double pivot...

Edit: Also no Hulk then it could be worked so we play:

MATA OSCAR HAZARD

OR HAZARD MATA OSCAR

with Hulk in there we won't play:

HAZARD OSCAR HULK

OR MATA OSCAR HULK...

I highly doubt we will see Hazard benched in the majority of this season and i doubt even more that we would do that to mata....

Therefore his signing effects a lot imo.

Maybe try a 4-1-4-1 then if we aren't going to purchase a ball winner, because without a ball winner the pivot is useless. We need one ball winner + any other midfielder who is available.

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Anyways, what about M'Villa?

I highly doubt we will see Hazard benched in the majority of this season and i doubt even more that we would do that to mata....

I think Mata will be used significantly less this season than last, but only because we now have more options for his position and don't have to rely on one player too much. Mata needs some serious rest after playing over 50 games last season and also taking part in the Euros as well as London2012. This season he needs to be handled properly so we don't burn him out in the middle of the season where he wouldn't be of any use to anyone and Oscar is the perfect replacement to play at CAM whenever needed and considering that he can play elsewhere too, I'm confident that all of our new signings get enough playing time without it being too costly for the players we already had.

Sneaky bid for Alex Song ????? :ph34r:

Song would be absolutely great, but sadly I don't think we stand a chance of getting him. Either he stays at Le Arse or goes to Barcelona.

Maybe try a 4-1-4-1 then if we aren't going to purchase a ball winner, because without a ball winner the pivot is useless. We need one ball winner + any other midfielder who is available.

Cech

Mikel

Torres

I quite like that lineup, even though we would need a better DM a la Busquet since the other midfielders are useless at defending. Plus as we have seen, Ramires is quite useless on the wing, so I would swap him with anyone better.maybe Marko. The team will be sooo much attack minded IMO.

Cech

Mikel

Torres

Too top heavy and unbalanced. It's basically only Mikel that is protecting the back 4. The others will help out defensively but they are not their greatest strengths. If we can't even control the midfield, then there is no point of having that attacking 4-5 players.

AssAnal won't sell us Song, simple as that, I admit Song is perfect for us though.

He was best Arsenal player last season. Probably better than RVP but since he plays CM people only take account goals scored.

His passing is faultless, he can make all kinds of passes and does so constantly every game, countless short acurate passes, amazing defense shredding long passes on the ground and in the air, chipped passes, straight, diagonal, wing-to-wing...

He was best Arsenal player last season. Probably better than RVP but since he plays CM people only take account goals scored.

His passing is faultless, he can make all kinds of passes and does so constantly every game, countless short acurate passes, amazing defense shredding long passes on the ground and in the air, chipped passes, straight, diagonal, wing-to-wing...

Couldn't agree more mate, he is basically the Yaya Toure for Arsenal. Essential piece of Arsenal's midfield.