Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

FFP is the best thing that ever happened to Chelsea.

This is true. It's like the doors of a train were just closing shut and Chelsea slipped right through in the nick of time. FFP creates a big financial gap between the historic clubs that cannot be easily leaped across. I'm not worried about competition however, the emergence of super clubs should be something people encourage.

You're saying some interesting things, i dont know if you're right or wrong tbh. You think we could compete with Bayern, Real, United and Barcelona financialy? (with FFP)

Are we really in the same level or a little behind those 4 teams? if we'll continue to be just a little behind, i prefer the world without FFP, let PSG and CIty get stronger but we'll get stronger too. Although for now the talk is about "Easing" the rules, not removing them completely.

Btw, Tevez, Silva, Toure? i dont remember them as real targets.

1) Yes, we're close to them. In 2 years time we will overcome Bayern in turnover. We already have 320m£ of our own revenue and not from some sponsorship with Roman or whatever. 71m from match day + 139.9m from broadcasting + 109m from commercial = 319.8m£ http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2015/01/chelsea-hey-hey-my-my-into-black.html

Our turnover will increase, first next season by about 45m£ (Yokohama deal plus much improved Champions League money) to over 360m£ and the season after, in 2016/17 by another 50-55m£ (new Premier League TV deal) to about 415m£ = 550m€, which is the revenue Real had in 2012/13 (highest in the world)

The thing is, we're more of historical, fundamental clubs in Real, Bayern, Barca type than new clubs like City and PSG. Because Roman started pouring money in 2003 which was early enough to establishing ourself before marketing boom in the next years.

And FFP is protecting those fundamental clubs with own big revenues, therefore it's protecting us.

2) We only need 3 or 4 high quality players to have team 'completed' for years. By the time we will need a major overhaul we will probably have improved stadium, new Adidas kit deal, maybe new commercial deals like name rights for training ground or even stadium ground. By that time we will be on equal level to Real, Barca in revenues, only Man United will be ahead but approach to them should be different because their owners' aim is to still take money from the club therefore in reality we could be on equal level to them too.

3) I think they will ease rules and just like in NBA it will be soft cap. For our interest it should be as strictly as possible. Remember that Roman was one of the first to approve FFP or that's what they say. In the last 2 years, UEFA asked 80-90 clubs to send them further documents to calculate their finances. But Chelsea was not in those 90 clubs. That should mean that our situation with FFP is very good.

I think they will soften the restrictions by some sort of offsetting the cap for players that are long in the club, very much how it is in NBA with Bird rules.

4) We were very interested in Toure and Silva in 2010. City done us with their contract offers. I remember Toure was done deal by some sources in Spain. But City came with too big contract and that was the time when Chelsea decided to lower salary of the players so we were out of the race for Toure. Same happened with Silva, we were no go with City contract offer. Mata the year later signed with Chelsea 2 or 3 times lower contract than Silva with City.

1) Yes, we're close to them. In 2 years time we will overcome Bayern in turnover. We already have 320m£ of our own revenue and not from some sponsorship with Roman or whatever. 71m from match day + 139.9m from broadcasting + 109m from commercial = 319.8m£ http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2015/01/chelsea-hey-hey-my-my-into-black.html

Our turnover will increase, first next season by about 45m£ (Yokohama deal plus much improved Champions League money) to over 360m£ and the season after, in 2016/17 by another 50-55m£ (new Premier League TV deal) to about 415m£ = 550m€, which is the revenue Real had in 2012/13 (highest in the world)

The thing is, we're more of historical, fundamental clubs in Real, Bayern, Barca type than new clubs like City and PSG. Because Roman started pouring money in 2003 which was early enough to establishing ourself before marketing boom in the next years.

And FFP is protecting those fundamental clubs with own big revenues, therefore it's protecting us.

2) We only need 3 or 4 high quality players to have team 'completed' for years. By the time we will need a major overhaul we will probably have improved stadium, new Adidas kit deal, maybe new commercial deals like name rights for training ground or even stadium ground. By that time we will be on equal level to Real, Barca in revenues, only Man United will be ahead but approach to them should be different because their owners' aim is to still take money from the club therefore in reality we could be on equal level to them too.

3) I think they will ease rules and just like in NBA it will be soft cap. For our interest it should be as strictly as possible. Remember that Roman was one of the first to approve FFP or that's what they say. In the last 2 years, UEFA asked 80-90 clubs to send them further documents to calculate their finances. But Chelsea was not in those 90 clubs. That should mean that our situation with FFP is very good.

I think they will soften the restrictions by some sort of offsetting the cap for players that are long in the club, very much how it is in NBA with Bird rules.

4) We were very interested in Toure and Silva in 2010. City done us with their contract offers. I remember Toure was done deal by some sources in Spain. But City came with too big contract and that was the time when Chelsea decided to lower salary of the players so we were out of the race for Toure. Same happened with Silva, we were no go with City contract offer. Mata the year later signed with Chelsea 2 or 3 times lower contract than Silva with City.

We will overtake barcelona for sure. Not sure about real and bayern, because bayern signed addidas deal 85€ Euro and they have VW and Addidas as direct Sponsor. Also Germany is the biggest Market in Europe

We will overtake barcelona for sure. Not sure about real and bayern, because bayern signed addidas deal 85€ Euro and they have VW and Addidas as direct Sponsor. Also Germany is the biggest Market in Europe

Bayern deal with Adidas will be worth 900m€ and lasts for the next 15 years which is 60m€ annually.

The thing with Bayern, Real and Barca is that Premier League will give top clubs way more money than their domestic league gives to them. Real and Barca can actually earn less than now because they agree to sell TV rights jointly and not individually. So this already bridges huge gap. The only top club of such magnitude that will benefit from Premier League as well is Man United.

Therefore I think we will overtake Bayern in 2 years time or be very close to them. Further forward we will bridge the gap to the other 2 non-Man United teams.

We're in privileged FFP position and Chelsea I'm sure will do as much as they can to block softing this for others.

Bayern deal with Adidas will be worth 900m€ and lasts for the next 15 years which is 60m€ annually.

The thing with Bayern, Real and Barca is that Premier League will give top clubs way more money than their domestic league gives to them. Real and Barca can actually earn less than now because they agree to sell TV rights jointly and not individually. So this already bridges huge gap. The only top club of such magnitude that will benefit from Premier League as well is Man United.

Therefore I think we will overtake Bayern in 2 years time or be very close to them. Further forward we will bridge the gap to the other 2 non-Man United teams.

We're in privileged FFP position and Chelsea I'm sure will do as much as they can to block softing this for others.

Bayern has the 60million deal but they have 100% right on shirt sales which makes 20-30Million

isco, reus, pedro, griezmann,sterling, bale, gotze

some player probably really difficult to get but those name not impossible to move in the summer, at least we shoud try
it will be funny and disapointing if turned out we got none of them
and we still stuck with player like oscar even he is good player but he often underperformed & too much inconsistent, cuardrado, and ramires to fill our right wing position

Muller for me is a player that has a 50% to be a huge flop outside of his comfort zone. He's very intelligent but not a great talent who would automatically show what he can do.

I was thinking this too. He needs to be on the right team/environment to be at his best.

Muller works his ass off and has a great fighting character of always wanting to be a winner. He'll be a succes wherever he goes just the same as with Costa happened imo

Less "hard-working" players and more flair and skill, please.

Less "hard-working" players and more flair and skill, please.

lol, like Mata? Here we go again....

people overrate flair and underrate work ethic. You need a few flair players in your team to create chances and then a supporting cast to balance it out, otherwise you'll end up like Arsenal.

We have enough creative personal (maybe a back up for Cesc is needed). But we we have more need in a more high energy player with a killer instinct to finish off those chances

lol, like Mata? Here we go again....

people overrate flair and underrate work ethic. You need a few flair players in your team to create chances and then a supporting cast to balance it out, otherwise you'll end up like Arsenal.

We have enough creative personal (maybe a back up for Cesc is needed). But we we have more need in a more high energy player with a killer instinct to finish off those chances

Not sure if we're on same page. For me, skill and flair and killer instinct come together. I don't consider Muller that because he has no pace and just becomes a bystander if the other players can't stretch the backline to get a pass to him.

Not sure if we're on same page. For me, skill and flair and killer instinct come together. I don't consider Muller that because he has no pace and just becomes a bystander if the other players can't stretch the backline to get a pass to him.

There are plenty of examples of people with flair who are bad in front of goals so they should def be treated seperatly.

And usually people with flair are not exatly people who stretch games with pace either, they are players who need the ball at their feet and we have enough of that.

And you don't need blistering pace to get behind a defence, smart running is much more important (like Schurrle)

We all know Mourinho puts hard workers above all else. That's why Willian and even Azpi to an extent are in the team. Muller fits that build, and actually knows where the goal is unlike the former.

There are plenty of examples of people with flair who are bad in front of goals so they should def be treated seperatly.

And usually people with flair are not exatly people who stretch games with pace either, they are players who need the ball at their feet and we have enough of that.

And you don't need blistering pace to get behind a defence, smart running is much more important (like Schurrle)

Fair enough. We just have slightly different views on what is needed. :)

I'd take Van Persie. He's not the player he used to be, not the goal-scorer he used to be, but he remains an excellent target man. His first touch and ability to hold the ball is brilliant and his technique, link-up play and vision are areas most strikers can't touch.

But he would have to accept lowered wages and the usual one-year contract for players over 30. Question is whether he'd accept such a deal and squad player status.