Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I think that would be a BIG mistake to think that because we have won Premier League and League Cup we do not need to make big signings because our rivals will be strongly reinforced with great signings and if we do not do the same next year we run the danger of falling behind in respect of our rivals.

Obviously we need not spend 300 million pounds, but we need to improve those things that can be improved with some great signing.

For example, I think Varane It is a mandatory signing. Maybe they will be about 30 million pounds. A TOP centre-back for the next decade.

Koke to recover the style of play of the beginning of the season. 44 million pounds or 30 + Filipe.

Griezmann as a right-winger and occasionally substitute Diego Costa as forward. 44 million pounds.

In total would be roughly 118 million pounds. And maybe one player as Kondogbia or Khedira if Mikel leaves our team.

I think we can not stay behind with respect to our rivals if next year we want to compete for all trophies.

Regards.

you must enjoy playing Monopoly ..

We need to try OUR young players first

I hate to be this guy but thinking we should get Varane, Koke and Griezmann is being unrealistic.

How can Varane be a "mandatory" signing when he gets starts in the CL semi finals for Real Madrid? they obviuosly want him to stay and they're not suckers, they would let Varane know he's wanted.

I know you think Atletico are a small club compare to others, but how can you possibly think we "Should" sign Koke and Griezmann? it means 120m euros, it means Atletico have to build their midfield in one summer, it means two of Atletico big stars wants to leave in the same summer, when we're talking about a very unified side. Sometimes people talk like Chelsea are the only club who wants to improve, and its all about us.

Out of those three, i would be happy with Griezmann. Cant see us getting the other two. The 2nd mission is to get the right CM.

the voice of REALISM

Suggestions on the Telegraph that Cech is wanted by MUFC if De Gea leaves.

If they give us Di Maria for 30m+Cech thats a deal for me. Im not a huge ADM fan but i prefer him over Oscar. And we already see there isnt a big market for CMs/CAMs, who could complete our midfield with Cesc and Matic. wont happen off course...just mumbling shit.

I hate to be this guy but thinking we should get Varane, Koke and Griezmann is being unrealistic.

How can Varane be a "mandatory" signing when he gets starts in the CL semi finals for Real Madrid? they obviuosly want him to stay and they're not suckers, they would let Varane know he's wanted.

I know you think Atletico are a small club compare to others, but how can you possibly think we "Should" sign Koke and Griezmann? it means 120m euros, it means Atletico have to build their midfield in one summer, it means two of Atletico big stars wants to leave in the same summer, when we're talking about a very unified side. Sometimes people talk like Chelsea are the only club who wants to improve, and its all about us.

Out of those three, i would be happy with Griezmann. Cant see us getting the other two. The 2nd mission is to get the right CM, which i dont really know who could that be, Schneiderlin is the only name i got. And for CB, Terry anyway will start the season as a starter, think Stones will be enough to compete with Zouma and maybe Cahill if he stays.

you must enjoy playing Monopoly ..

We need to try OUR young players first

Okey for both. It's just a matter of waiting.

Varane has played the Champions League semifinals, but when reporters have asked him about his future at Real Madrid next season he has not said That he wants to continue in Real Madrid. Varane is a player of Mourinho and he knows that is who he is thanks to Jose. By the way, fans of Real Madrid not considered Varane as a priority...

And again, Atletico de Madrid is not a big team. They recover this summer Oliver Torres (on loan in Porto) to their midfield. And they're trying to sign a big forward. In addition, Griezmann is not a signing of Simeone is a signing of Caminero (former Atletico Madrid player and current sports director ATM) and between Caminero and Simeone there is no a good relationship.

Last year we spent a lot of money to strengthen our team and this year we have the money from Yokohama and money from television rights. Why we will not be able to make a large investment in signings ?.

If Manchester City, Manchester United, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich an to spend more than 100 million pounds each to strengthen their teams, Why we will not be able?

We are not a team Championship, we are Chelsea and we have the best economic balance of the big teams in Europe. I think it is unrealistic to think that we're going to spend bit money while our competitors build big teams.

Last year we spent a lot of money to strengthen our team and this year we have the money from Yokohama and money from television rights. Why we will not be able to make a large investment in signings ?.

If Manchester City, Manchester United, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich an to spend more than 100 million pounds each to strengthen their teams, Why we will not be able?

We are not a team Championship, we are Chelsea and we have the best economic balance of the big teams in Europe. I think it is unrealistic to think that we're going to spend bit money while our competitors build big teams.

I didnt say we cant spend a lot, i just think you're being crazy optimistic about Varane and Koke, like you've been about Messi.

btw, we dont have "the best economic balance of the big teams in Europe". Real, Bayern, United and Barcelona can spend more than us.

Okey for both. It's just a matter of waiting.

Varane has played the Champions League semifinals, but when reporters have asked him about his future at Real Madrid next season he has not said That he wants to continue in Real Madrid. Varane is a player of Mourinho and he knows that is who he is thanks to Jose. By the way, fans of Real Madrid not considered Varane as a priority...

And again, Atletico de Madrid is not a big team. They recover this summer Oliver Torres (on loan in Porto) to their midfield. And they're trying to sign a big forward. In addition, Griezmann is not a signing of Simeone is a signing of Caminero (former Atletico Madrid player and current sports director ATM) and between Caminero and Simeone there is no a good relationship.

WE dont follow the Real Madrid model either .. We are moving in the right direction apart from a few mistakes ,,, KDB Schurrle and Salah OUT Cuandrado IN

Bertrand OUT Luis in ,,,,DONT buy just for the sake of buying ,, As I tell my wife ,,, BUT she never fucking listens ,, How many handbags and pair of boots

do you need ... She has enough boots for a centipede

I didnt say we cant spend a lot, i just think you're being crazy optimistic about Varane and Koke, like you've been about Messi.

btw, we dont have "the best economic balance of the big teams in Europe". Real, Bayern, United and Barcelona can spend more than us.

OK. But it's very different the signing of Messi than the transfer of Koke, Varane or Griezmann. Although I remember seeing more 150 users in this forum

reading the Messi thread in January ... It was not just me. That comparison to try to ridicule my comment was very easy to look serious.

And I think we have the best economic balance. At least we do not have economic losses. Rea Madrid and Barcelona only survive economically thanks to financial support from the municipalities of Catalonia and Madrid. Their economic balances are false, as many lies of the economy in Spain. I prefer to play cleanly.

But okey. I believe that with the support of Yokohama and the income of television rights we will not stand still while City or United spent 200 million pounds. It is my opinion and desire, because that would be a big mistake.

Take Barca out till next year. [emoji3]

WE dont follow the Real Madrid model either .. We are moving in the right direction apart from a few mistakes ,,, KDB Schurrle and Salah OUT Cuandrado IN

Bertrand OUT Luis in ,,,,DONT buy just for the sake of buying ,, As I tell my wife ,,, BUT she never fucking listens ,, How many handbags and pair of boots

do you need ... She has enough boots for a centipede

I agree with you. I do not want to be like Real Madrid and its system of glamor. I like the way we are doing slowly thinking coldly our signings.

But signing Top young players like Varane, Griezmann or Koke we can guarantee our future within the Financial Fair Play model.

I also do not want to sign players like Salah or Cuadrado. I want to make a few signings young to ensure our future.

City or United will spend 200 million or more in contract signings thanks to television rights. If we stand still without also making big signings we can see

how they can get to improve ourselves. I'm just saying that.

The more José talks about our business the less optimistic I am that we'll make even a single "top" signing. Sounds like we're just going to bolster the squad so that as the season wears on we can have higher quality options to fill in.

Obviously, he's not going to come out and name any targets because that would be Ed Woodward level idiocy, but this should be a summer where we make a statement of intent that we want to dominate English football and join the biggest of the big boys in Europe. We SHOULD be after the Bale's, Pogba's, Koke's. At least try.

Imagine how much panic there would be amongst every other club if we were to sign Bale. Even the "experts" are all saying that we'd dominate for a few years with him added to our side. He's clearly unhappy and unloved there, so why not try? It would be terrible seeing him at United. If we signed him it wouldn't even matter who City, United , and Arsenal sign. We'd be miles ahead of anyone in the league.

I think the problem is that we cant keep up with United when it comes to money. FFP is not a problem for United and if they go for Bale we wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

That's why we have to go for a taget that isn't on every clubs radar.

What you say makes sense. I agree with you.

With players like Bale or Pogba we're out of that fight now.

But perhaps Varane, Koke or Griezmann are players that come within our possibilities.

Last year we have spent almost 110 million pounds on new players. I think we can make a similar investment this year.

The big risk for us is to see how City, United, PSG, Madrid and Bayern make big signings while we think that what we have is sufficient. Every team needs to improve its workforce each year, even for just to feed the competition between players.

And I can accept that perhaps 120 million is a lot of money. And maybe Varane, Koke and Griezmann is asking too much. But at least Koke or Varane should be priorities to shore up our team and fight with Financial Fair Play rules.

I don't understand how we're priced out of any player now, really.

New shirt sponsor, new Adidas sponsorship, crazy TV deal soon, close to £100m in TV money this season, and the fact that we just made a PROFIT in this past seasons transfer business.

Should we not be better positioned than ever before and have more money to spend than ever before? Don't understand this conservative approach. Sell to buy and all that stuff. We should be really going for it.

Jose can say whatever he wants, after a winning season he wont be saying anyhing other than "i love my squad". Doesnt mean anything.

This "City and United going to spend 200m, oh no" talk is nonsense.

First of all, on which players? if they target players like Bale, Pogba, Sterling and they pull it off - they're getting all of their targets - than yes, its huge game changer. But its almost impossible. Other clubs wants those top players, you can have all the money you want, but you need the player to want to come to your club. That means beating other clubs.

United will imo get Depay, Hummels, Clyne, maybe Gundogan, cant see them getting a real superstar other than those players. A lot will need to happen so they could sign Bale or anyone of this status..

City's biggest signing will be KDB, maybe Sterling,,, something like that. Cant see them getting to 200m unless they'll continue to sign squad players like they've been doing for the last few seasons.

I don't understand how we're priced out of any player now, really.

New shirt sponsor, new Adidas sponsorship, crazy TV deal soon, close to £100m in TV money this season, and the fact that we just made a PROFIT in this past seasons transfer business.

Should we not be better positioned than ever before and have more money to spend than ever before? Don't understand this conservative approach. Sell to buy and all that stuff. We should be really going for it.

who said we've been "priced out" for a player? who's talking about "conservative approach"?

who said we've been "priced out" for a player? who's talking about "conservative approach"?

José has been hammering this "we don't need much," and "we won't get into bidding wars for players with crazy prices" points for a while now. Keeps saying "we need only a couple of new players to motivate the squad."

That sounds conservative to me. Of course José is a master at disguising his intentions but I just doubt at this point that we'll be in for any of these big names.

José has been hammering this "we don't need much," and "we won't get into bidding wars for players with crazy prices" points for a while now. Keeps saying "we need only a couple of new players to motivate the squad."

That sounds conservative to me. Of course José is a master at disguising his intentions but I just doubt at this point that we'll be in for any of these big names.

That is not being priced out. We ourselves have turned the corner since Torres and just don't want to throw out silly amounts on any player.

You can have all the doubts you want, its your call. Like i said, what Jose supposed to say? he won the league, you cant expect to hear things like "Next season, we want to win CL, we're going to do everything for that". Maybe thats what you want to hear, but he have no interest of giving this kind of info.

"only a couple of new players to motivate the squad" - that could mean 2-3 players, that could also mean Griezmann+another top CM. He's not saying anything in this sentence.

And yes, maybe we wont be after Pogba, maybe the club think he doesent worth the money, and you can get other top players for less, and without any bidding-war. Though until now, Pogba is the only "available" big name, so if we're not after him it proves nothing.