Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

In Netherlands they see him as the next big talent. We haven't brought worldclass Dutch talents since the golden 4: Van Persie, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Arjen Robben. So it's been like 13 years now.

In the mean time Netherlands brought people abroad like John (Benfica flop), Babel (Liverpool flop), Drenthe (Madrid flop).

But he's clearly more talented than those, so a little bit exaggeration/hope is normal.

Last season he was a big talent and had some great moments at the worldcup. This season he lead PSV to their first title since 2007-08, scoring 20+ goals.

Regarding Van Ginkel, he was really unlucky to be injured. Probably not world class, but has the potential to be a very decent player for a sub top team.

Not sure if he can be the next Robben, but surely has the potential to shine at United.

Just browsing some English papers, what's with the hype surrounding Depay? He's a talent alright but he's being portrayed as better than Ronaldo at the same age etc which is just bollocks.

Suppose it's because it's United that got him?

The last part.

If it was us then it's a big risk.

In Netherlands they see him as the next big talent. We haven't brought worldclass Dutch talents since the golden 4: Van Persie, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Arjen Robben. So it's been like 13 years now.

In the mean time Netherlands brought people abroad like John (Benfica flop), Babel (Liverpool flop), Drenthe (Madrid flop).

But he's clearly more talented than those, so a little bit exaggeration/hope is normal.

Last season he was a big talent and had some great moments at the worldcup. This season he lead PSV to their first title since 2007-08, scoring 20+ goals.

Regarding Van Ginkel, he was really unlucky to be injured. Probably not world class, but has the potential to be a very decent player for a sub top team.

Not sure if he can be the next Robben, but surely has the potential to shine at United.

I imagine it must be hard for you guys from Holland, one side want to see him succeeded as a player, but another side don't want to see MU succeeded next season, lol.

I'm sorry to say, but I think he still has a lot to prove, before we can make any judgement on him better than CR. I have seen a WC talents flopped in PL before. Lamela, KDB...

And one more thing, the manager will play a big part in Depay development. And I'm not sure LVG stubborn approach and method is the best for him at this stage.

I imagine it must be hard for you guys from Holland, one side want to see him succeeded as a player, but another side don't want to see MU succeeded next season, lol.

I'm sorry to say, but I think he still has a lot to prove, before we can make any judgement on him better than CR. I have seen a WC talents flopped in PL before. Lamela, KDB...

And one more thing, the manager will play a big part in Depay development. And I'm not sure LVG stubborn approach and method is the best for him at this stage.

Honestly, for me Chelsea>>>Dutch national team. I'd rather win the CL with Chelsea than Worldcup with Netherlands. (What about others?)

In Netherlands I support Feyenoord, and he is a PSV player so actually it's a rival. I rather see him fail at United than making them serious title contenders. Same goes for Dailey Blind from Ajax.

Regarding the comparison with Ronaldo, who said he is better than Ronaldo? Haha, I hate Ronaldo but his records speaks from themselves.

For Depay to play for LvG is good. Good communication (dutch), he plays attacking football and he probably promised him a starting spot at LW. (Instead of Young)

What the actual f...? I went on to see some news at the Mail and it's flooded with Depay articles. Is he THAT of a talent. I realise he is good, but they are acting as if Messi has came.

Haha that's the Utd factor. Desperation for a new CR. Though tbf, he made a name for himself at the World Cup. Definitely talented, but I would be very, very surprised if he took the PL by storm next season. I imagine he'll need 2 seasons to reach potential stardom.

The great thing about Depay is how developed he already is on a physical level. Great upper body strength, stamina, fitness (withstanding injuries) and durability at such a young age, which is uncommon for a young winger. He won't be bullied, and should adapt to the physical demands far quicker than most youngsters.

Explosive and fast as well (don't expect Walcott pace though). Good with the ball at his feet, though far from a expert dribbler. His strength lies in his goal-scoring and rocket shot. Good FK taker and has real potential in his finishing. And the guy has the drive and determination to reach the top (apparently because of a tough childhood). If he doesn't make it, it won't be because he didn't try hard enough.

Anyone have some perspective on the possibility of Mikel leaving this summer. FFS, he's about the only person in Chelsea's squad I say strongly needs to GTFO. Oscar would just be a good chance to cash-in on a player that probably won't improve very much when he reaches his "prime."

tbf he is an amazing signing for them. One of the most complete wingers I have seen a player be at this age. Pace, power, strength, stamina, skills, dribbling, shooting. He is the most talented Dutch player of their next generation. LvG knows exactly how to utilise him to great effect. That being said I don't believe he will be the player to close the between us and them.

So you saying he's better than our Hazard?

Subotic's contract runs out next season........................

He could be an interesting pickup. Pre-injury he was world class but often got over shadowed due to his more elegant partner Hummels however I have always believed Neven to be the better of the the two.

If we could sign Koke, Griezmann, Clyne and one GK and possibly only Luis, Drogba and Cech go, it would be a great summer.

Great would be an understatement. Koke, Griezmann, and Clyne would be an absolutely phenomenal summer. We'd surely be installed as favorites to retain our title regardless of who our rivals sign.

As long as we make at least one "wow" signing the rest is honestly icing on the cake for me. :lol:

Let's hope our board is as ambitious as we all are.

I have a fairly simple question on attacking players a club like Chelsea could target during a transfer window: who is the THE BEST physical specimen combined with dribbling and shooting skill out there not on a top Champions League club? or, is that thought a waste of time and it's just G. Bale? I don't really see a player out there unless it's someone like Fekir, Sterling, Brahimi... not sure. I can see that Lacazette has goals, but I can't say that I'm impressed with his build or speed... I think the Pharoah is just as good a prospect TBH. Is there not a winger out there with a build like Aguero and a good shot on him?

I have a fairly simple question on attacking players a club like Chelsea could target during a transfer window: who is the THE BEST physical specimen combined with dribbling and shooting skill out there not on a top Champions League club? or, is that thought a waste of time and it's just G. Bale? I don't really see a player out there unless it's someone like Fekir, Sterling, Brahimi... not sure. I can see that Lacazette has goals, but I can't say that I'm impressed with his build or speed... I think the Pharoah is just as good a prospect TBH. Is there not a winger out there with a build like Aguero and a good shot on him?

He's just been signed by United.

Reus, Draxler

Schurrle :ph34r:

I'd agree with you if he was starting week in week out, but his current role is actually quite handy. I wouldn't be too concerned if he stayed as a bench player.

Except that what is the point in keeping someone on 120,000/week who is absolute crap as a starter while Chelsea supposedly want to use RLC, might be keeping Ramires -and- want to buy another CM? not to mention that Ake can be a better CM than Mikel despite his age and lesser stature.