Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I have a fairly simple question on attacking players a club like Chelsea could target during a transfer window: who is the THE BEST physical specimen combined with dribbling and shooting skill out there not on a top Champions League club? or, is that thought a waste of time and it's just G. Bale? I don't really see a player out there unless it's someone like Fekir, Sterling, Brahimi... not sure. I can see that Lacazette has goals, but I can't say that I'm impressed with his build or speed... I think the Pharoah is just as good a prospect TBH. Is there not a winger out there with a build like Aguero and a good shot on him?

Exactly the type of players we should be buying.

No soft players who fall when touched anymore.

My perfect window considering players who are likely available this summer, also considering our English and European rivals that want these targets would be. We would be more versatile and injury proof. I haven't really got into our goalkeeper situation in this. I also don't know what to say about Luis.

INS:

Pogba - Cannot stress enough that this is an opportunity we need to take. Expensive but the youth and trajectory of our current squad will attract young stars like this.

Kovacic - I'd rather for for Mateo Kovacic than Koke. He may end up being less expensive and we have players that Italian league teams want. Versatile and electric players, I would predict instant symbiotic play with Hazard.

Schneiderlin - Mourinho could use this type of player, it's what he knows best. Mourinho has lacked a watertight trivote and he needs three exceptional enforcers to play that way. I think he's good enough.

Stones - Get him now before it's too late

Griezmann - I would only encourage a Griezmann transfer if at least Remy is transferred away and also Cuadrado, Griezmann would make both these players obsolete.

OUTS:

Mikel - For the job he is asked to do, there is no end tot he list of players that can do it better than he.

Ramires - Although the game plan much of the time is not have the majority of possession, the goal is a controlled surrender of possession. Ramires just uncontrollably loses possesion, provides too many moments of panic.

Oscar - These transfers just won't happen without an exit from Oscar. His mid-season drops in performance seems to be habit. He hasn't really done anything wrong to really insist on his exit, he has however not done enough to make him indispensable.

Remy/Cuadrado - They would just make the locker room too crowded if my proposed transfers were actually in the team.

My perfect window considering players who are likely available this summer, also considering our English and European rivals that want these targets would be. We would be more versatile and injury proof. I haven't really got into our goalkeeper situation in this. I also don't know what to say about Luis.

INS:

Pogba - Cannot stress enough that this is an opportunity we need to take. Expensive but the youth and trajectory of our current squad will attract young stars like this.

Kovacic - I'd rather for for Mateo Kovacic than Koke. He may end up being less expensive and we have players that Italian league teams want. Versatile and electric players, I would predict instant symbiotic play with Hazard.

Schneiderlin - Mourinho could use this type of player, it's what he knows best. Mourinho has lacked a watertight trivote and he needs three exceptional enforcers to play that way. I think he's good enough.

Stones - Get him now before it's too late

Griezmann - I would only encourage a Griezmann transfer if at least Remy is transferred away and also Cuadrado, Griezmann would make both these players obsolete.

OUTS:

Mikel - For the job he is asked to do, there is no end tot he list of players that can do it better than he.

Ramires - Although the game plan much of the time is not have the majority of possession, the goal is a controlled surrender of possession. Ramires just uncontrollably loses possesion, provides too many moments of panic.

Oscar - These transfers just won't happen without an exit from Oscar. His mid-season drops in performance seems to be habit. He hasn't really done anything wrong to really insist on his exit, he has however not done enough to make him indispensable.

Remy/Cuadrado - They would just make the locker room too crowded if my proposed transfers were actually in the team.

pogba - 75

kovacic -20

schneiderlein - 25

stones - just signed a contract, english, hyped-up and actually a good player. atleast 30

antoine - 45mil buyout.

a decent 2nd choice GK is a must - 5mil

total ~ 200mil pounds. why not just get messi instead of all these players and end up winning everything. :D:D:D

The business done in the summer all depends on the ambitions of the club and their plans for next season. The way I see it, there are three options:

1. Retain the league and try your best in Europe.

2. Take the next step and improve the quality of the performances. Win the league and seriously challenge for the CL.

3. Project Treble.

The last one is the most unlikely. I can't imagine Chelsea going crazy in the summer and add two/three world-class players, a few high quality squad players and instantly try to match Bayern, Barca, Real.

The first would require very little business. Replacement for Cech, and possibly Drogba. And a player for the attacking '3'. Either one for the starting XI or a squad option. Unless Chels decline massively or Arsenal/Utd/City raid Barca, Real, Bayern, Atletico, PSG & Juve, that would be enough to win the title.

The second would take a bit more work. You simply need more quality for that to happen. Cech (and Drogba) replacement, 2-3 upgrades in the starting XI, 1-2 new squad players for rotation and a few players leaving the club.

Tbh when you think about it aside from introducing pace to our back line there is little the team can be improved.

7 things come to mind:

Pace at the back. Zouma for Cahill this season - next season he will likely replace JT. Maybe think about what to do with Ivan - but it's not a pressing issue now. Not until 16/17 anyways.

2. A stronger midfield. Loftus Cheek. Cesc moves forward or RLC as a false no 10.

3. Mikel replacement. Ake can do his job just fine, we can get rid of him now.

4. Another striker to complement Remy and Costa. Could be Bamford, could be Lacazette.

5. A more productive right winger than Willian. Reus would be the dream but Lacazette/Griezmann would be good too. I do like Willian, but over him or Oscar I truly don't know who to choose, considering the latter's potential. Of course I suppose Cuadrado could go on loan as part of a deal - he might get by with Dortmund in the Bliga.

We could get by without spending anything - Zouma and RLC would improve our squad markedly and we'll see it. Willian is a decent winger, and Bamford could happily be third striker. However:

Reus £50m + Cuadrado loan - if I could choose anybody to supplement our squad it'd be this lad. Top player, this is the quality we should be aiming for.

Gundogan £30m or Koke £40m - Luxury signing, would be great but IMO when Loftus Cheek breaks through we might not need them.

Lacazette £10m + Remy - Young, great potential, injury record is good. Another luxury buy, Remy is also fantastic for us.

John Stones £25m - Luxury luxury buy, and also blocks Christensen, Ake and Kalas's path to the first team. Worth it? We'll see.

We also need a second GK.

Realistically having Reus would also allow Willian to cover all 3 AM spots. Bamford could also do a few of these if called upon. Having RLC would mean that Cesc, Oscar, and RLC rotate 2 spots. Good to rest our midfield. However getting Reus I reckon would mean one of Oscar and Willian leaves.

Final point; realistically to win a quadruple you need a domestic cup squad. Great opportunity to blood youth such as Colkett, Ake, Solanke.

For a club with ambitions like our own, this isn't a summer to be frugal. The entire premier league is going to have more funds at their disposal from this point forward. I can assure you both Manchester clubs are going to have massive transfer windows coming up.

I have a lot of faith in RLC, Bamford, Solanke and Baker not as much in the others and I don't expect an impact next season from any of the youngsters.

The critical issue is having 3 enforcers for the tournament style setups that Mourinhio confides in. Matic-Mikel-Ramires doesn't cut it.

So I was think about a good cup team and came up with this:

---------Green

Azpi Iva © Zouma Ake

------Mikel MvG

Willian Oscar Hazard

-------Bamford

Subs Courtois, Terry, Matic, Sterling, Cahill, Diego, Cesc

With the PL/CL 11 being

------Courtois

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

------Matic RLC

Sterling Cesc Hazard

--------Diego

Subs Green, Zouma, Ake, Oscar, MvG, Willian, Remy

If we sign Griezmann or Sterling, and ended not signing any AMC / no 10. I could see Mikel staying so that we got 2 players in every position. Cesc as no 10 when away.

--------------------------Costa

--------------------------Remy

Hazard--------------Fabregas-------------Griezmann/Sterling

Cuadrado-------------Oscar---------------------Willian

---------------Matic---------------Ramires

----------------RLC-----------------Mikel

Azpi----------Terry--------------Cahill------------Ivan

Luis---------Zouma---------Christensen----Ake/Kalas

------------------------Courtois

-----------------------Blackman

If we sign Griezmann or Sterling, and ended not signing any AMC / no 10. I could see Mikel staying so that we got 2 players in every position. Cesc as no 10 when away.

--------------------------Costa

--------------------------Remy

Hazard--------------Fabregas-------------Griezmann/Sterling

Cuadrado-------------Oscar---------------------Willian

---------------Matic---------------Ramires

----------------RLC-----------------Mikel

Azpi----------Terry--------------Cahill------------Ivan

Luis---------Zouma---------Christensen----Ake/Kalas

------------------------Courtois

-----------------------Blackman

Doubt Blackman will be our 2nd GK.