Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Keep hearing talk of Bale - is that likely?

Not really. It's just because Gary Neville mentioned it yesterday on MNF.

Yes Bale has been treated so poorly from the fans and media. This season alone, CR has cursed him out on 1-2 occasions for not passing to him. Fans have whistled whenever he tries to shoot, and on 2 accounts have hit his car ( one was early in the season around Aug. and recently after the El classico defeat.) To put it bluntly, he's been treated like crap, and is the new scapegoat for the madridstas. And although he has been poor this season, none of these actions should be condoned.

However Florentino Perez has vowed that Bale is going nowhere, because this was 'his' buy, and he's anxious for him to be universally accepted by the fans, but that hasn't been the case so far. Bale even recently said he's going nowhere. And if they sold Bale, many teams will look to rip them off (as they should) because they know he's not wanted there, so all in all i think Bale will stay.

Keep hearing talk of Bale - is that likely?

I felt Bale was 100% gone before the possibility of the transfer ban for Real. I still think he will be moved but with his transfer fee and wages there's not too many possible destinations. United would seem be the most logical destination. I think while Chelsea could afford Bale I think his acquisition would limit what could be done at other positions of need. I don't think we'll see a megastar transfer to Chelsea in the summer. I do think we will see more intelligent acquisitions of talented players at excellent value similar to Fabregas and Costa, which I think will mean players Scheiderlin, Nainggolan, Witsel, who can be had between 20-30 mil. I'd love to see Chelsea pick up Benteke and Batshuayi for 2nd and 3rd strikers as that would make the strike force formidable plus Benteke going to any of United, Arsenal, Liverpool is going to be a big problem. A right wing like Griezmann would be excellent as Sterling is going to cost way too much.

I think Cuadrado, Luis, Remy and possibly Oscar will be sold. I think Drogs will become a coach.

The most important transfer work has been done in the past two seasons and with some of the moves that Jose, Emenalo, etc have done I have full confidence that we'll get things right this summer too.

Two players I think would offer massive value are James Milner and Luiz Adriano. Milner has arguably been City's best player this season, so will no doubt weaken their squad. With Jose's preference for working with a smaller squad too, his versatility would be invaluable. Add to that he's homegrown and seeing as we don't fill our quota, I think to get him on a free would be great business.

Luiz Adriano's contract at Shakhtar runs out in December which is awkward, but again would represent great business if he can be signed on a free in January, or a nominal fee can be agreed with Shakhtar. He scores goals, has good experience in the Champions League and I think would be a great challenger to Diego Costa for the striker spot. He's also more reliable than Remy from an injury point of view which takes less burden off the rest of the team. With two top strikers at the club, it would also give us the chance to perhaps bring Bamford back as our third striker.

With a couple of really good signings like above to strengthen our squad for little cost, it would allow us to spend more money on one or two players who could improve the starting XI. For me if the rumours are true, I would take somebody like Bale as our big signing. He would add goals, directness, pace (particularly given the way we counter attack) and we would have somebody who could genuinely take the burden off Hazard to create and score when the team is struggling. And having Hazard and Bale flanking Costa would scare the shite out of everybody in the Premier League.

How much would we need to offer for David Alaba? Bayern are reported to be interested in Ivanovic so maybe Chelsea should try a cheeky bid like £40M + Iva. One of the most complete players in the world and he would be perfect in a pivot playing next to Matic. He is basically Ramires and Koke put into one player, just insane guy and he is only 22 years old! Matic-Alaba-Cesc would be fantastic midfield and would raise our game to the next level in counter-attacks as well as possession play.

I read he would prefer playing in midfield but psycho-Pep keeps putting players in weird positions. He played centreback before getting injured ffs. Apparantly Real Madrid are also interested in him.

How much would we need to offer for David Alaba? Bayern are reported to be interested in Ivanovic so maybe Chelsea should try a cheeky bid like £40M + Iva. One of the most complete players in the world and he would be perfect in a pivot playing next to Matic. He is basically Ramires and Koke put into one player, just insane guy and he is only 22 years old! Matic-Alaba-Cesc would be fantastic midfield and would raise our game to the next level in counter-attacks as well as possession play.

I read he would prefer playing in midfield but psycho-Pep keeps putting players in weird positions. He played centreback before getting injured ffs. Apparantly Real Madrid are also interested in him.

Impossible. I think they wouldnt even sell him for 100. Real are also tryed and failed.

--------------------------Costa

--------------------------Remy

Hazard----------------Oscar------------------Willian

--------------------------------------------------Cuadrado

---------------Matic--------------Fabregas

----------------RLC---------------Ramires

---------------Mikel

Azpi----------Terry--------------Cahill---------Ivan

Luis---------Zouma

------------------------Courtois

-----------------------Blackman

It is easier to predict what we should add this summer. 1 striker, 1 winger/AM, 1 CB, 1 RB/LB, 1 GK

I would love for us to bring back our youngsters like Bamford for striker, Atsu/Traore for winger/AM, Kalas/Omeruo/Christensen/Ake for CB/LB/RB

But we have a history to buy, so I'm expecting the 'worst', we will buy all new players.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Chelsea-surveille-baba-augsbourg/556392

According to L'Équipe we are going to try to sign Abdul Baba.

Augsburg bought him from Fürth last summer but he is one of the best leftbacks in Germany.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/abdul-rahman-baba/profil/spieler/224884

He is also linked with City, BVB, Inter, Milan, Schalke, Roma, Juve, MU, Atleti and Real :D Must be good.

Haha your right @The Chels,. It isn't like last year where our needs were glaring

Now that we've won the PL, all that these journos know is that JM has said we'd make 2/3 signings, all they can do now is link #CFC with every prospect under the moon.

I just hope we don't have a long drawn out transfer saga. Don't think i can survive another Cavani and Hulk saga. That shit was so annoying lmaoo :lol:

We have to add additional goal threat next season IMO.

We are too dependant on Hazard and Costa for threatening goal, we need someone like Bale \ Reus (and please not another Salah\Cuadrado buy like this Douglas Costa boy would be).

We have to add additional goal threat next season IMO.

We are too dependant on Hazard and Costa for threatening goal, we need someone like Bale \ Reus (and please not another Salah\Cuadrado buy like this Douglas Costa boy would be).

Need to add a decent amount because there is no way the title run will be this "easy" next year. Arsenal, United, and City are going to spend big this next window. Arsenal less than City and United but still.

So in just 3 articles from the past day or so (including the very reliable Guardian and moderately reliable Telegraph) we've been linked with:

Defenders: Clyne

Midfielders: Schneiderlin

I probably missed rumors about both...?

Shit load of news and rumors from Di Marzio's site.

* City are after Pogba and want to offer Juventus players such as Kolarov, Dzeko, Yaya Touré, Nasri and Jovetic.

* Juventus dont want Yaya, but Real are intrested. Yaya's gonna leave City they say.

* City want to spend up to 300m euros this summer (right), KDB and Sterling are another big targets.

* Pep could might leave, and Bayern are thinking about Klopp and Carlo.

* AC Milan 'dreams' about Zlatan who's contract will end next summer.