Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Reus is the better player yeah, but did you watch us vs Newcastle? We weren't missing a world class RW, we were missing a competent back up for Matic, and Moutinho is that and more!

Moutinho isn't a DM. He's always been a DLP/B2B, and now he's playing further up the pitch at Monaco.

Plus, Aké is good enough to be the back-up DM.

Moutinho isn't a DM. He's always been a DLP/B2B, and now he's playing further up the pitch at Monaco.

Plus, Aké is good enough to be the back-up DM.

Ummm, I think you're wrong there about him not being a DM. In the times i've watched him (mostly during his time at Porto admittedly) he's split his time between playing like a DM and playing like a DLP CM. And while I think he is better as a DLP, he definitely can play DM and has done so before to a very good standard.

We can only play 7 men on our bench and we need back up for numerous positions from each player, so Moutinho could theoretically replace either one of Matic or Fabregas as he can play both styles without us losing that much in terms of quality. It's why Essien was such a good player, could play in so many positions on the pitch to such a high standard that he became one of our most important players.

I think Ake could be good enough to be our back up DM too, but until he's given a proper chance there it's hard to know. You can't say he is on the back of the meagre minutes we've seen this season yet.

We would have won with Reus. [emoji55] [emoji55]

I honestly don't think so, we might have drawn but not won.

I don't think we had enough of the ball in attacking areas to be able to give it to him to do his magic. Reus is at his best running at pace at defenders, he wouldn't have had that many opportunities without us winning the ball back in their midfield.

We dropped points because we have no Plan B

This has been a constant problem for years and is a massive limitation of the 4-3-2-1 formation

We need width, Hazard needs to stay wide and Wllian needs to stay wide, both AZPI and Iva need to overlap and pull defenders apart.

We don't have that and it's frustrating as fuck to see us trying to play through the middle all of the time.

I would actually say we need two wingers that are happy to play 15-20 games a season, as well as a backup for Matic.

Shirley is in a horrible patch of form and doesn't look like the answer, same with Salah.

We do need a Plan B though - so hope Jose is working on this...

Ummm, I think you're wrong there about him not being a DM. In the times i've watched him (mostly during his time at Porto admittedly) he's split his time between playing like a DM and playing like a DLP CM. And while I think he is better as a DLP, he definitely can play DM and has done so before to a very good standard.

We can only play 7 men on our bench and we need back up for numerous positions from each player, so Moutinho could theoretically replace either one of Matic or Fabregas as he can play both styles without us losing that much in terms of quality. It's why Essien was such a good player, could play in so many positions on the pitch to such a high standard that he became one of our most important players.

I think Ake could be good enough to be our back up DM too, but until he's given a proper chance there it's hard to know. You can't say he is on the back of the meagre minutes we've seen this season yet.

Ummm... He has been deployed in the DM role without success. I watched him since he made his first appearances for Sporting, his cameos as DM were nowhere near his usual standard... Veloso was the DM. Then at Porto Fernando was the DM. In the national team Veloso/William/Tiago (altough I prefer him a little further forward). Now at Monaco he plays in front of Kondogbia and Toulalan.

Well I think he his good enough already. Plus he can play as a LB, DM or CB... Great bench option.

Team needs more Naingogglan

lol not at all

Top player, unrealistic transfer. He only just signed for Roma and it's unlikely he'd want to come here to sit on the bench, and if we're going to switch formation and have a 3rd CM then there are far better/cheaper targets.

Next season I'd be looking at signing A CB, A ST to replace Drogba and Reus. We don't need anything else IMO - I'd rather have the likes of Boga, RLC, Ake, Baker etc. develop - truly think they can fill in enough.

Next season I'd be looking at signing A CB, A ST to replace Drogba and Reus. We don't need anything else IMO - I'd rather have the likes of Boga, RLC, Ake, Baker etc. develop - truly think they can fill in enough.

DD's aura cant be replaced!!! if DD does indeed retire, remy should be no. 2 and bamford is more than capable for the 3rd striker position.i dont think we need to spend 10-15 mil on a 3rd striker.

CB will be subject to if JT retires. just cant see us having JT, GC, new CB, zouma/kalas/omerou.

reus would be a fabulous signing without a doubt!!!

I'd like a CB, but I really want Zouma or Christensen to make it here. if we get a cb maybe just a short term solution like..idk.

Also, just Reus would do it for me, we have Bamford next season with Costa-Remy. Not bad, imo.

We MUST sign Varane! He is for sure one of the 10 best CD, and Varane is just 21. We can't rely on Zouma and Christensen yet, that would be a huge gamble in my eyes! And if we gonna get a short term solution he would cost the same as him.

Reus seems to be RM bound. Splash the cash on Pogba and push Cesc forward. Let Eden, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Cesc rotate. Maybe get Talisca as 2/3 striker and he can play right wing.

-Varane, Pogba and Talisca in would be a dream! World class and so YOUNG! And of course we need a cheap HG keeper(maybe Blackman in).

-Salah, Cech and Drogba(coach) out. And some of our loan players like: Kakuta, Piazon, Bertrand, Chalobah, Davila, Marin, Romeu, Moses

We MUST sign Varane! He is for sure one of the 10 best CD, and Varane is just 21. We can't rely on Zouma and Christensen yet, that would be a huge gamble in my eyes! And if we gonna get a short term solution he would cost the same as him.

Reus seems to be RM bound. Splash the cash on Pogba and push Cesc forward. Let Eden, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Cesc rotate. Maybe get Talisca as 2/3 striker and he can play right wing.

-Varane, Pogba and Talisca in would be a dream! World class and so YOUNG! And of course we need a cheap HG keeper(maybe Blackman in).

-Salah, Cech and Drogba(coach) out. And some of our loan players like: Kakuta, Piazon, Bertrand, Chalobah, Davila, Marin, Romeu, Moses

that sounds like a plan - on fifa.

Honestly I agree those would be some great moves, but I don't think we will sign anyone, cos neither club has the need to sell which would make the bargaining take ages and those three will easily cost 100m+ We simply can't afford this shit.

Also I don't think we should all offload those fringe players yet. Most of them will still improve and we will make more money on them when we sell them on better form.

I take it you're talking about summer;

1. I think Zouma can be relied upon right now. I actually rate him to be the same level as Cahill right now, as shown against Sporting. Plus no way will Real Madrid give him away, and they also just something like quintupled his release clause.

2. I don't think we should buy Pogba:

in our current formation, Willian Oscar Hazard, de facto Hazard is played whenever he is fit. Willian should (and does) rotate with Schurrle, and having Cesc in any capacity up front will further congest the AM starting positions, if Hazard and/or Willian are injured then Schurrle and Reus (who we should sign) can fill in, if Oscar is injured then Cesc can push up and Mikel or (more ideally) the youth can fill in in the CDM role.

Unless we can sign Pogba for a budget price then it's simply not worth it.

Salah should be loaned out, I think when he becomes more experienced he could still be a valuable asset for Chelsea.

3. Talisca, however, would be an ideal signing to replace the Drog.