Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Cole is 33 and Shaw is 18. If Shaw plays for us as long as Cole has then we'd have paid £2million a year for him (+wages). Also,, the difference in wages between what we're paying Ash (200k p/w) and what we will pay Shaw (around 50k p/w) will be huge so that's a saving of 150k p/w which is 7.8million is 1 year alone.

ash isnt on 200k .. Manure will offer shaw more than 50k a week .. your figures are so wrong

ash isnt on 200k .. Manure will offer shaw more than 50k a week .. your figures are so wrong

Sorry, you're probably right, I had a rush of blood. He's probably on around 125k p/w. And Shaw will go to the club which offer Southampton the most transfer fee, he won't get a choice between clubs unless we offer the same transfer fee as another club. But even if Shaw is 75k p/w, that's still 50k p/w less, which is just over 2.5million over the year.

Shaw is worth £30million right now, he just is. There isn't a better young LB that I can think of other than Rodriguez, who wouldn't be much cheaper and isn't proven in the PL like Shaw is. We could hold onto Cole as the 2nd choice for another year if you want and sell Bertrand, but then next year we'd have the same issue of Cole being a year older and we'd need a new backup LB.

In an ideal world this would be my ins and outs:

In:

Cavani (£60M)

Shaw (£30M)

Gundogan (£30M)

Total In: £120M

Out:

Torres (£12M)

Ba (£10M)

Ramires (£20M)

Luiz (£30M) [if Barca are willing]

Marin (£10M)

Romeu (£10M)

Ivanovic (£15M)

Chalobah (£5M)

Cole (Free)

Kakuta (£5M)

McEachren (£6M)

Omeruo (£5M)

Eto'o (Free)

Moses (£7M)

Hilario (Free)

Total Out: £135M

First XI for next season:

----------------Courtios-----------------

--Azpi-----Cahill----Terry-----Shaw--

---------Matic-------Gundogan--------

--Willian-------Oscar--------Hazard--

-----------------Cavani------------------

2nd XI:

----------------Cech---------------------

Wallace--Kalas---Zouma--Bertrand

-----------Mikel---------MVG-----------

--Salah-------Piazon------Schurrle--

-----------------Lukaku------------------

3rd choice GK & ST = Schwarzer & Bamford

Squad Players/Loaned Out:

Blackman, Delac, Ake, Christensen, PVA, RLC, Atsu, Lalkovic,T Hazard, Traore, Davila, Perica.

Time to turn off FIFA career mode... :P

team i would love to see

------------Courtios----------------

----Dave Cahill JT Shaw-----

-----------Matic--Vidal-----------

----Willian Hazard Lallana----

---------------Costa-------------

We dont need Lallana, Hazard is a better LW than CAM and Willian is a better CAM than a RW...

If we are playing this game, I'd like a turn. Even though I have never played Football manager and can barely last 30 mins on Fifa without going insane this post may come across as FM-esque. I've dealt with players that I know a lot about because I don't feel I can give a fair assessment on quite a few of the lads who've been out on loan . I have tried to be realistic, yet optimistic at the same time.

Summer transfers:

Players in:**

Costa - Best striker we can reasonably obtain. Cavani has only just moved and PSG would have absolutely no motivation to sell unless UEFA are going to seriously implement FFP - even if that was the case he'd cost the world.

Rakitic - Good player and I imagine would fit nicely next to Matic in the pivot. He's the right age as well, we need some players actually in their peak rather than just buying 'potential' - especially in an area of such importance to the team. Still pissed off we missed out on Modric. If Kroos is available then we should be all aboard that ship. He lacks pace but is a fantastic passer and cannot be allowed to go to Utd if he is available. I can't see why he'd possible choose Utd over us right now, unless they were to offer a Rooney-esque package.

Ricardo Rodríguez - I'm a big fan of Shaw and if we could get him for a sensible price i.e. not more than 25m (and even that's pushing it) then I'd prefer him to RR. Rodríguez is a very good attacking fullback and I think one of the main things that has held us back has been not having two good fullbacks to create width and stretch teams.

We may need another backup CM if Luiz and Ramires are sold, though I don't think Ramires will be.

I think it would be good to retain Eto'o and Schwazer.

Out:**

Torres - need him off the wage bill and with Costa & hopefully Lukaku back here there will be no space

Ba - decent striker and a good guy but not needed if the aforementioned two are here - should be able to recoup the fee for him.

Luiz - Not good enough to start as a CB and not good enough to start as a CM consistenly. Therefore if an offer of 20-25m+ comes in for him then I don't see the rationale behind keeping him.

Romeu - Hopefully we get a decent offer from a Spanish side and he's able to stay over there. Injury and managerial instability ruined his time here.

Ramires - I am split on this but think if a 20 or 25+m offer came in for him we'd do well to cash in.

Moses - we are stacked in his position and I'd rather give a youngster his place. Again, should be able to recoup his transfer fee.

Marin - No place here, doubt we'll get much, if anything, for him.

Kakuta - Again, not really sure we'd get much but there's no point in him being here.

** This is assuming fair deals can be reached for the players

Players back from loan:

Lukaku - If he is willing to come back and to fight with Costa for a place. In some cases, as I will discuss further below, he may play with Costa in a 2 man strikeforce. As others have pointed out, when we play the weaker teams at home there isn't much need to be conservative. I'd like to see us play like City do at home against the poorer sides.

Courtois - Quite possibly the best keeper in the world. No place for sentiment in football, Cech should have to fight him for his place. I love Cech and I will consider him a legend of the club but if Courtois is even 1% better then he should start.

Players to go back on loan/go out on loan for the first time:

Traoré - Looks very talented so either more time in the Dutch league or a loan to a Spanish side would be good, provided he can play consistently; that's what he needs right now. I'd rather not see him in the Championship.

Piazon - Not ready for Chelsea yet and if we did bring him back I imagine he'd be on the bench or not even in the squad most of the time - not good for his development.

Loftus-Cheek - Love watching him and think he is very talented. Often looks like he's on another level when he's playing youth matches.

Ake - Probably won't be in the first team squad much, if at all, so should seek oppotunities on loan to further development.

Christensen - Good player, probably needs to be playing at a higher level to continue improving.

Thorgan Hazard - Will be watching his development closely. If a team in a tougher league can take him and play him a lot then that would be perfect. To be fair, he's 21 now and needs to move on from the Belgian league.

Chalobah

PVA

Atsu

Lalkovic

Wallace - if he's still alive?

Maybe go out on loan:

John Swift

Other youth players to watch:

Boga

Musonda

Solanke

Dasilva

Probably lots more.

So for our first XI that will give us a fair amount of flexibility:

----------------Courtois-----------------

--Azpi---Cahill----Terry---Rodriguez-

---------Matic-------Rakitic------------

-----------------Costa-------------------

Or for smaller sides/when we're chasing a result:

----------------Courtois-----------------

--Azpi---Cahill----Terry---Rodriguez-

------------------Matic------------------

---------Lukaku------Costa-----------

We'd also have players like Schurrle and, although I'm not a fan, Salah to come off the bench and stretch defences by making those fast runs behind.

Also consider that our key offensive players: Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Matic will all be a year older and more experienced. I only hope that the world cup doesn't knock the stuffing out of them and I actually look forward to the tournament finishing so everyone can just focus on Chelsea.

Some excellent points well made. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if you were right :). Only problem I can see is the lack of English players, we need to reach the quota for Champions League. That's why I really want Shaw over Rodriguez.

Time to turn off FIFA career mode... :P

FIFA career mode i'd have Reus, Aguero, Pirlo and Kompany kicking about ;P. None of my transfers were THAT unrealistic, and you could always substitute RR in for Shaw, Vidal/Kroos/Rakitic in for Gundogan and Costa/Benzema for Cavani.

FIFA career mode i'd have Reus, Aguero, Pirlo and Kompany kicking about ;P. None of my transfers were THAT unrealistic, and you could always substitute RR in for Shaw, Vidal/Kroos/Rakitic in for Gundogan and Costa/Benzema for Cavani.

Cavani is very unrealistical!

But the main problem is you assuming we will be able to offload so many players and all for decent price tags...

In an ideal world this would be my ins and outs:

In:

Cavani (£60M)

Shaw (£30M)

Gundogan (£30M)

Total In: £120M

Out:

Torres (£12M)

Ba (£10M)

Ramires (£20M)

Luiz (£30M) [if Barca are willing]

Marin (£10M)

Romeu (£10M)

Ivanovic (£15M)

Chalobah (£5M)

Cole (Free)

Kakuta (£5M)

McEachren (£6M)

Omeruo (£5M)

Eto'o (Free)

Moses (£7M)

Hilario (Free)

Total Out: £135M

First XI for next season:

----------------Courtios-----------------

--Azpi-----Cahill----Terry-----Shaw--

---------Matic-------Gundogan--------

-----------------Cavani------------------

2nd XI:

----------------Cech---------------------

Wallace--Kalas---Zouma--Bertrand

-----------Mikel---------MVG-----------

--Salah-------Piazon------Schurrle--

-----------------Lukaku------------------

3rd choice GK & ST = Schwarzer & Bamford

Squad Players/Loaned Out:

Blackman, Delac, Ake, Christensen, PVA, RLC, Atsu, Lalkovic,T Hazard, Traore, Davila, Perica.

So we're going to sell Chalobah and Omeruo? Why?

And we're going to loan out Davila and Delac? Can't we sell them for £10 million each to the same club we're apparently going to sell Marin and Kakuta for? It's interesting that you put their figures in pound sterling and not gumdrops or rainbows because honestly, I think that's kinda what they're worth at the moment.

Piazon over Atsu I don't understand either. I've never seen anything special in Piazon, although there's a possibility I'm wrong. Wallace....how he goes from not playing football to being back-up for Azpi I don't know. That's where I'd be inclined to include Omeruo if we sold Ivanovic, which I wouldn't.

I agree with most of the players being sold like Ramires and Luiz, but I simply don't see any reasoning for letting Chalobah go when he's got a long contract, no premier league experience and Mourinho has already hinted that he'll come back.

Also I think you've maybe left out our highest goalscorer of all time, although maybe I'm misreading.

Cavani is very unrealistical!

But the main problem is you assuming we will be able to offload so many players and all for decent price tags...

Well if we change Cavani for Costa that's a £28M saving which would mean half of those players could not be sold at all and we'd still be meeting FFP.

Well if we change Cavani for Costa that's a £28M saving which would mean half of those players could not be sold at all and we'd still be meeting FFP.

We only need 3 players: Shaw, Vidal and Costa!

However, I find it very hard to believe we will be able to offloads so many players. Not that I dont agree with your list (bar Ivanovic), but we all know how hard it is to sell unwanted reserves...

So we're going to sell Chalobah and Omeruo? Why?

And we're going to loan out Davila and Delac? Can't we sell them for £10 million each to the same club we're apparently going to sell Marin and Kakuta for? It's interesting that you put their figures in pound sterling and not gumdrops or rainbows because honestly, I think that's kinda what they're worth at the moment.

Piazon over Atsu I don't understand either. I've never seen anything special in Piazon, although there's a possibility I'm wrong. Wallace....how he goes from not playing football to being back-up for Azpi I don't know. That's where I'd be inclined to include Omeruo if we sold Ivanovic, which I wouldn't.

I agree with most of the players being sold like Ramires and Luiz, but I simply don't see any reasoning for letting Chalobah go when he's got a long contract, no premier league experience and Mourinho has already hinted that he'll come back.

Also I think you've maybe left out our highest goalscorer of all time, although maybe I'm misreading.

You're probably right with Chalobah. Chalobah could stay and go out on loan then to a PL club if he's happy to do that. Kakuta for £10M is also a bit unrealistic actually in hindsight, but I reckon £10M for Marin would be more than possible to a high-middle Spanish or German club. Thing is people have heard of those 2 but they wouldn't have heard of Davila and Delac so those 2 probably wouldn't get bought and I just don't see a future for Marin or Kakuta at the club.

As for Piazon, I just like him and his style of play, think he's been very good at Vitesse from when i've watched them this season. I know that isn't a guarantee he'd do well here but i'd like to give him a chance.

As for Lampard *braces self*, I love the man, I really do, but I don't think it's fair to him to not play him when he'd still be good enough to play in Italy or USA cos he'd be behind Matic, Gundogan, Mikel and MVG in the pecking order. Also, his wages would be far too high to do that even if he wanted to. I'd much rather see him as a coach or something, but unless he took a huge cut in wages (again, not fair to expect him to do that when he could get more elsewhere) I don't think he'd be a viable squad player.