Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Very excited about this Bojan - Ajax loan move. Exactly the move that is needed for him and he should absolutely tear up the scoring charts in Holland this season.

I was on an Ajax forum just last night and the fans were drooling over a potential move but completely writing it off as despite being the richest club in Holland, they thought they wouldn't be able to pay their wages. Good for them :D Ajax doing lovely business this window.

3 defensive midfielders? Have you ever watched Dembele or Paulinho play? =\

You're making yourself look stupid now; I'd quit while you're ahead.

Your the idiot that said you would swap them for Mikel, Lampard and Ramires, who correct me if I'm wrong, but all played either in the DM role or sat on the bench last season. Paulinho is your typical box-to-box MF similar to Ramires, but a better attacker then defender.

Dembele is a CM, would you swap him for Mata??

The two idiots that liked your post are as clueless as you.

Your the idiot that said you would swap them for Mikel, Lampard and Ramires, who correct me if I'm wrong, but all played either in the DM role or sat on the bench last season. Paulinho is your typical box-to-box MF similar to Ramires, but a better attacker then defender.

Dembele is a CM, would you swap him for Mata??

The two idiots that liked your post are as clueless as you.

Is this a troll post? Can't tell if serious - your incompetence astounds me.

I don't see how people can even compare them.

With regards to the formation Spurs play, yes it's the best midfield. Otherwise I think ours is better.

Even if they played 4-2-3-1 I'd take them three over our potential pivot. A combination of Dembele, Sandro and Paulinho is a better pivot than any combination of Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Romeu and Van Ginkel (bit harsh on Van Ginkel as he has only just got here, but yeah).

Dembele and Sandro destroyed United before Sandro got injured.

We have better attacking midfielders no doubt, but in a 4-3-3 they have a superior starting midfield and in a 4-2-3-1 they have a superior pivot.

Spurs don't have a better midfield than ours, and there's still a lot of moves to be made before September.

I don't particularly rate any of their midfielders that highly, they're all solid players but there's nobody outstanding amongst them. It's amazing how so many overrate other teams' players and underrate their own, absolutely baffling.

No he isn't... at all. He's basically playing as a second striker for us; he sticks right next to the striker and rarely drops deep.

Mata on several occasions has to play ball out of our own half. We play a counter-attacking game of football, so the difference between a centre mid and an attacking mid are pretty similar in terms of positional play.

Even if they played 4-2-3-1 I'd take them three over our potential pivot. A combination of Dembele, Sandro and Paulinho is a better pivot than any combination of Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Romeu and Van Ginkel (bit harsh on Van Ginkel as he has only just got here, but yeah).

We have better attacking midfielders no doubt, but in a 4-3-3 they have a superior starting midfield and in a 4-2-3-1 they have a superior pivot.

And our Midfield didn't?? If we had a half decent striker, we would have wiped them off the park.

But that's just comparing our pivot with their whole midfield, which isn't really the best comparison. I think the point that GG was trying to make it that as a whole our midfield is better. Despite the fact that the front three are attacking midfield players, they still form part of the midfield.

But that's just comparing our pivot with their whole midfield, which isn't really the best comparison. I think the point that GG was trying to make it that as a whole our midfield is better. Despite the fact that the front three are attacking midfield players, they still form part of the midfield.

My original post was... their three man midfield of Dembele - Sandro - Paulinho was probably the best in the league and that I would replace Mikel, Ramires and Lampard with those three (which is a perfectly valid comparison)

GG then went on some weird tangent about Mata being a central midfielder (which he isn't) - he could never play as one of the three in a 4-3-3. Oscar is untested in the CM role; it may be that is is amazing there - but we don't know.

So my point still stands; their starting eleven three man midfield (I emphasize the three man part, as no one seems to be listening) - is better than ours... IMO.

My original post was... their three man midfield of Dembele - Sandro - Paulinho was probably the best in the league and that I would replace Mikel, Ramires and Lampard with those three (which is a perfectly valid comparison)

GG then went on some weird tangent about Mata being a central midfielder (which he isn't) - he could never play as one of the three in a 4-3-3. Oscar is untested in the CM role; it may be that is is amazing there - but we don't know.

So my point still stands; their starting eleven three man midfield (I emphasize the three man part, as no one seems to be listening) - is better than ours... IMO.

I disagree. Why compare Mikel, Ramires and Lampard? How many times did they start together over the season. You cannot compare 3 of their first team starters to 3 rotation players, they're obviously going to look better. Mata may not be a CM, but I'd rather him in CM ahead of any of those 3 (Again the point GG was making.

Yes I agree their 4-3-3 formation compared to ours is better? They have the better midfield in the 4-3-3 formation. That's quite different to the best midfield in the league...