Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Not really, if Jose goes with the idea of adding youth for depth, then we could have a sufficient amount of options for each position, if we can sign one or two players. For right-back we have Wallace and Kalas, alongside Dave and the possible choice of Ivanovic there. Left back we have Cole and Bertrand, who i think are good enough - but also could have Van Aanholt if he doesn't get loaned out again.

For me we need to get rid of the dead wood, and bring in one or two players that will seriously improve the areas that we have lacked in - CDM and an actual striker - while also allowing enough depth to allow some youth players time on the field, early FA, League Cup, some lower teams in PL, etc. it could be enough to give us the depth that United have had over the years, as well as developing youth on our own terms instead of relying on another team.

I think we're fine for LB with Ashley Cole and Bertrand as back up, I don't think Ivanovic would play great RB seen as he's not a good crosser or long passer either, much more of a strong CB. So I don't know who could replace Azpilicueta if he was to get injured.

As far as a striker, it's a strange situation, I'm willing to give Torres one more chance (season) as I believe in him, then there is Demba Ba, who was brilliant for Newcastle and was "so so" for his first (short) season at Chelsea, but has shown he can be brilliant (Newcastle). I would be very excited if Lukaku were to come back but at the same time he's very young. So we are left with huge uncertainty, but then again, imagine having four strikers next season.

In my opinion, the bigger problem is the CDM situation. In brief, Lampard = Getting old and his attacking work rate is far too high compared to his defensive work rate, BUT great passer and vision (important for a CDM). Mikel = High chance of him leaving, to sum up, poor season but plays very defensively which is what I like. Ramires = Again, high attacking work rate and low defensive work rate, nor was he ever a great long range passer but did show flashes of brilliance last season. David Luiz = Half of the time he's risky, sloppy, poor and half of the time just AMAZING. Also, there's the whole CB situation. Then there's Essien returning, which I believe is important and exciting but another CDM or two is a must.

We have John Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill and Luiz, we don't need to spend money on a CB

What? JT feels slow already, Ivanovic is not a pure CB, Cahill is just a squad player and D.Luiz will end playing as CDM.

So now, how many CB do you have left?

What? JT feels slow already, Ivanovic is not a pure CB, Cahill is just a squad player and D.Luiz will end playing as CDM.

So now, how many CB do you have left?

4. JT's never been fast ever. Ivanovic is still a CB that can play as a RB. Cahill is still a CB even if he is a squad player. Luiz isn't going to end up playing at CDM. So that's 4 CBs.

We have John Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill and Luiz, we don't need to spend money on a CB

Terry's getting old. Ivanovic rotates with Azpi at RB. So really Luiz is the only proper quality CB in the squad. I would be thinking of someone like Kurt Zouma. Ideally, we should be thinking about this next year

4. JT's never been fast ever. Ivanovic is still a CB that can play as a RB. Cahill is still a CB even if he is a squad player. Luiz isn't going to end up playing at CDM. So that's 4 CBs.

Someone like Zouma, who can be loaned and then come in when Terry leaves

Sunderland trying to get Altidore.

He has improve a lot since his time in the PL a couple of season back.

I think he will be a good buy for any decent team. Not top team like Chelsea, or City, but he might do good at a team like Tottenham, Arsenal Swansea and such.

BBC Sport understands that Liverpool have accepted a bid of £6m from Swansea for England international Jonjo Shelvey.

The player is understood to be in Swansea today to discuss personal terms as the Welsh club look to finalise the deal.

Sunderland have confirmed the signing of Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

BBC Sport understands that Liverpool have accepted a bid of £6m from Swansea for England international Jonjo Shelvey.
The player is understood to be in Swansea today to discuss personal terms as the Welsh club look to finalise the deal.

Sunderland have confirmed the signing of Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

7 - No English player created more chances at the 2013 UEFA Under-21 Championships than Jonjo Shelvey. Potential.