Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Clearly City will be number one contenders for the PL this season.

The team they have and the players they are buying shows they want instant success.

While Chelsea buys is showing a willingness to wait till the players mature of full potential.

The team they have and the players they are buying shows they want instant success.

While Chelsea buys is showing a willingness to wait till the players mature of full potential.

I dont know.. with a proper striker and De Rossi I think we might just be favorites aswell.

Navas and Fernandinho are good players but... not game changers IMO. Plus they sold Tevez.

To be honest, what great signings have City actually made? Navas and Fernandinho are underwhelming. Pepe will be a good signing.

To be honest, what great signings have City actually made? Navas and Fernandinho are underwhelming. Pepe will be a good signing.

The coach, and some upgrade.

I think Fernandinho is better then Gareth Berry.

Navas better then any option that Sinclair can give them.

Oh yeah, we have not beat them at all last season.

And before you say, "oh we got Mourinho back" that ain't enough when you got a squad that still needs to mature!

So combine that with the young squad Chelsea has, we really have no shout for serious contender.

Last season was a one horse race, where United blew everyone out by so many points.

I will expect it will be the reverse where City blow everyone away, and us and United fighting for second and third.

And as Mourinho said, by his second season his team will be better. Just like at Madrid where he won la Liga his second season.

I will be expecting the same here, nothing big his first season but much better second season.

Navas is not as good as he used to be. One still does not know how he can handle his homesickness over longer periods and. Navas is extremely lightwight and has already lost pace. He might give them other options than this Nasri-Milner wings but Navas is just as predictable.

Fernandinho I don't know much about, but it should be a huge step up from ukranian league to epl.

Also Pellegrini has never managed an EPL team before, Jose knows the league well and is undoubtley the way better coach.

additionally, the league is won against the small teams and our squad is good enough to beat all of them. Last season we had the problem, that our squad was so thin, we often had to save energy in these games, which is why we conceded so much from winning positions.

We still might not be able to compete with City in the direct encounters and yes, they got the best squad, but they also had the best squad last year and did not win the league. Also in 2011, Utd won the league with an absolute rubbish team. It's all about consistency, that's why you can't tell City will win the league just because they got the best squad. Last season our squad was not good enough to win the title. This year it is, no matter how much better City's is.

The coach, and some upgrade.

I think Fernandinho is better then Gareth Berry.

Navas better then any option that Sinclair can give them.

Oh yeah, we have not beat them at all last season.

And before you say, "oh we got Mourinho back" that ain't enough when you got a squad that still needs to mature!

So combine that with the young squad Chelsea has, we really have no shout for serious contender.

Last season was a one horse race, where United blew everyone out by so many points.

I will expect it will be the reverse where City blow everyone away, and us and United fighting for second and third.

And as Mourinho said, by his second season his team will be better. Just like at Madrid where he won la Liga his second season.

I will be expecting the same here, nothing big his first season but much better second season.

Wow, extreme pessimism...

It's called reality!

Extreme pessimism will be if we do worse then Benitez last season like finishing outside of top 4.

No, reality is realizing we have the most talented squad in the league who are still, scarily, so young and will get better. Reality is realizing we have the best Manager in the world. Reality is realizing Ferguson is no longer around and Citeh are Citeh, no fight in them whatsoever.

No, reality is realizing we have the most talented squad in the league who are still, scarily, so young and will get better. Reality is realizing we have the best Manager in the world. Reality is realizing Ferguson is no longer around and Citeh are Citeh, no fight in them whatsoever.

Pretty much what I said before.

They will get better, as in the coming seasons.

Which is why I said we will be in better position in the coming seasons as Mourinho said as well.

This season is still too soon for me.

Pretty much what I said before.

They will get better, as in the coming seasons.

Which is why I said we will be in better position in the coming seasons as Mourinho said as well.

This season is still too soon for me.

They are already so good that they are the 2nd best first XI in the league.

They are already so good that they are the 2nd best first XI in the league.

True, but I will say that we will have a better shot of winning the PL this season if we had gotten someone like Cavani, Falcao or such.

But as it stands we will be going with Lukaku, Torres, Ba and Schurrle.

Which is all good and stuff. But Lukaku might need one more season before he is top dog. Schurrle just got here so need to adapt.

Torres.....

Only hope is that Ba suddenly recaptures his Newcastle form and we will be good.