Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

More importantly though, better hope he doesn't go pay ridiculous money for average players. £21m for Shaun Wright Phillips...£21m! :mouthclosed:

At the time SWP was on fire and suited our style of play.

No, Manure offered the exact same amount to Lille and so did City...

Anyways, keep believing other clubs pay half of what we do!

NO, MAN U dropped out. Hazard didn't pick Chelsea over Man U. Man U didnt want to give into the agent fees/other fees (player wages are questionable), similar to what happen with Lucas and Man U. (It was pretty publicized)

So, you honestly think Chelsea pays the same amount of transfer fee as a team like the Spurs? You honestly think Napoli is going to sell Cavani to Chelsea for 35mi and Porto Mout for 20 mi.

It's ok, I love your bs valuations brah. Keep smoking what you do.

it depends on the player really.

Some folks only care about money, like Hulk or Neymar for example, others want money AND play at the highest level, like Oscar. They are still professionals though, so we are not going to get anyone by offering less, but we are a competitive club with a competitive squad that can beat anyone anywhere, well except City... :(

BTW, reckon Luiz would sell for 30M easy, one of the few defenders who would. The fact he can cover as a DM increases his value as well.

This is not true, Hulk had no other option (he made it clear he wanted to go to Chelsea or EPL, Porto was the one not accepting it) and all Neymar wanted was to enjoy the good life for 2 more years.

All players want money, but what I am saying is that if we offer 100k/week for a top player (like Neymar himself), City or PSG would have to offer 150k/week or so. This is because Chelsea is already one of the biggest club in the world (5th imo), while these new sugar daddies have a long way to go...

The time where we had to hugely overpay for players are behind us. We can very well work on smart purchases and only a few crazy transfers from now on. Chelsea has a very good academy and an amazing set of players for the near future. We dont need to offer everyone 20mi+ and 100k+/week, like PSG does.

P.S: I doubt anyone will pay 30mi for Luiz, but I am not sure!

NO, MAN U dropped out. Hazard didn't pick Chelsea over Man U. Man U didnt want to give into the agent fees/other fees (player wages are questionable), similar to what happen with Lucas and Man U. (It was pretty publicized)

So, you honestly think Chelsea pays the same amount of transfer fee as a team like the Spurs? You honestly think Napoli is going to sell Cavani to Chelsea for 35mi and Porto Mout for 20 mi.

Looool, we know nothing about Brazilian transfers, once again showing off your ignorance!

Lucas was happy in Sao Paulo and with zero perspective of moving to Europe. All of a sudden Manure came with huge wages and tranfer fee (around 80k/week and 30mi euros). Everyone thought Lucas would leave, but SPFC and his agent turned down their offer. Then, SAF raised it to around 90k and 34mi. Again everyone was sayig it was a done deal, but PSG came with 40mi+ and 100k+ and stole him in the last minute!

As far as Cavani for 35mi and Moutinho for 20mi, ot all depends on the amount of clubs looking to but them. Theoretically the figures should be around that, but I wouldnt be surprised if it reaches 40mi or 25mi. It is definetly not 80-90mi for both as you wrongly said!

Heard this a lot of times but it doesn't make sense to me. Why would Man u be willing to shell out the 40 million for Hazard but not pay a couple extra millions in agent fees ?

Also his player wages aren't questionable. Multiple (reliable !) French and Belgian media outlets reported his wages to be £110 k .

Looool, we know nothing about Brazilian transfers, once again showing off your ignorance!

Lucas was happy in Sao Paulo and with zero perspective of moving to Europe. All of a sudden Manure came with huge wages and tranfer fee (around 80k/week and 30mi euros). Everyone thought Lucas would leave, but SPFC and his agent turned down their offer. Then, SAF raised it to around 90k and 34mi. Again everyone was sayig it was a done deal, but PSG came with 40mi+ and 100k+ and stole him in the last minute!

As far as Cavani for 35mi and Moutinho for 20mi, ot all depends on the amount of clubs looking to but them. Theoretically the figures should be around that, but I wouldnt be surprised if it reaches 40mi or 25mi. It is definetly not 80-90mi for both as you wrongly said!

I said Lucas went to PSG, rather than Man U cause Man U didn't want to pay the agent fees. They prolong the transfer cause of that and eventually PSG came in and the rest is history.. When did I say anything about your knowledge on Brazilian transfers????????

Also, you should please tell me when I say 80-90 mi....

Stop smoking brah, it's bad for you...

Heard this a lot of times but it doesn't make sense to me. Why would Man u be willing to shell out the 40 million for Hazard but not pay a couple extra millions in agent fees ?

Also his player wages aren't questionable. Multiple (reliable !) French and Belgian media outlets reported his wages to be £110 k .

I don't know his wages, hence questionable.. However, with incentives, you don't really know to the full extent of the wages....

Also, sky sports had a quote/article from Fergie saying how ridiculous agents fees were and how that was one of the obstacles involving Hazard and even Nasri.

I don't know his wages, hence questionable.. However, with incentives, you don't really know to the full extent of the wages....

Also, sky sports had a quote/article from Fergie saying how ridiculous agents fees were and how that was one of the obstacles involving Hazard and even Nasri.

and because Fergie says so it's true ? I don't know for certain but to me it seems like an easy excuse that he uses to avoid losing face. Don't you think it's a bit coincidental that the last three players Fergie wanted and didn't get al had "ridiculous agent fee demands" ?

Like i said before it doesn't make sense to me if your already willing to invest that much money why argue over a couple of millions ?

Anyways, the main point is that I was agree with BlueLyon that Chelsea do indeed pay inflated rates for players because we are Chelsea.

In the future, we can obtain young assets for fmv, however in current times, players like Cavani or Mout, who are well established names globally, that would not be the case...When you have 3 top clubs gunning for one prize possession, it will never be FMV.

Also, with FFP in place in the future, Chelsea mindset might change and numbers might not go out of hand, however, I don't know what position Chelsea will take concerning the finances of the club.

and because Fergie says so it's true ? I don't know for certain but to me it seems like an easy excuse that he uses to avoid losing face. Don't you think it's a bit coincidental that the last three players Fergie wanted and didn't get al had "ridiculous agent fee demands" ?

Like i said before it doesn't make sense to me if your already willing to invest that much money why argue over a couple of millions ?

Your right...

Fergie could be lying just to save face since he was unable to get them 3...

But sports in general, especially in America, with agent fees being uber high, I would not be surprised....

This is not true, Hulk had no other option (he made it clear he wanted to go to Chelsea or EPL, Porto was the one not accepting it) and all Neymar wanted was to enjoy the good life for 2 more years.

All players want money, but what I am saying is that if we offer 100k/week for a top player (like Neymar himself), City or PSG would have to offer 150k/week or so. This is because Chelsea is already one of the biggest club in the world (5th imo), while these new sugar daddies have a long way to go...

The time where we had to hugely overpay for players are behind us. We can very well work on smart purchases and only a few crazy transfers from now on. Chelsea has a very good academy and an amazing set of players for the near future. We dont need to offer everyone 20mi+ and 100k+/week, like PSG does.

P.S: I doubt anyone will pay 30mi for Luiz, but I am not sure!

Disagree. No other option?! First he signs an extension, then he accepts going nowhere... for money alone. Players have all the power these days. If hulk had not signed the extension, he coudl've forced his exit to wherever he wanted. That's what most players do actually. They can just say no; the clubs usually panic when player has only an year left and agree to any deal.

Some players are more ambitious about their careers, others arent. Really have nothing to add about Neymar, what you wrote exemplifies his lack of ambition.

Realistically?

Likely outs: Turnbull, Hilario, Paulo, Lampard(?), Benayoun, Malouda, Marin(?)

Likely ins: A new goalkeeper, a deep lying playmaking midfielder, a defensive midfielder, KDB back, Schurrle, A striker/Lukaku back.

I honestly don't think Torres is gonna go next season.

Next season:

GK:

Cech, x, Blackman(promoted)

Defenders:

Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Bertrand.

Midfield:

x, x, Mikel, Ramires, KDB, Romeu, Oscar, Lampard(?)

Forwards:

Torres, Lukaku(?), Ba, Hazard, Mata, Schurrle, KDB, Oscar, Moses.

25 man squad. This is what we can realistically expect next season I think and it isn't a bad squad make up at all. It strong in all areas.

Don't forget we potentially have the likes of Kakuta, Kalas, Omeruo, PvA, Chalobah and Josh coming back too but I think they'll all go out on loan again.

If we miss out on schurrle(unlikely at the moment) would anyone like kevin miralles?

I generally prefer Schurrle but if we missed out on him. I'd be equally happy if we get Kevin Mirallas, I mean he's awesome, he's a bit injury prone but we could work it out with clever rotations.

and that would save us a lot of money xD