Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

He can be a good choice although I'm not quite sure how good he really is ..

Why? dont u see that we have a midfield problem? we need someone back there who can control the game and score goals, create chances, give good passes...

And no, Im not talking about Mikel, I'm talking about a GOOD player.

Ramires is very good but he tends to rush forward everytime he has the ball (its been better lately). We need someone who aswell as attacking can give us dominance in midfield.. Against those Southamptons and Wigans or Swanseas we HAVE to control the game. Not that against big teams it can do any harm.

Plus, we need a player in that position anyway.. With Frank probably leaving ( :cry:), Romeu getting back from an injury, Mikel being useless, so yea we need this kind of player.

I see the problems in our midfield, I just don't see how a Toure style player could be the solution. That is assuming that by that you mean a physical B2B midfielder. For one thing, he does not fit in our current 4-2-3-1. A B2B midfielder, just like Lampard and Ramires, is best employed in a three man midfield because the pivot needs players with more discipline and who get on the ball more often. If you're talking about his physical strength, Toure gives an already physical City midfield an edge, but with players like Mata, Hazard and Oscar, we will never physically dominate oppnents, and we're not looking to do so. We are looking instead to dominate teams interms of position, and a Toure-like player will not help in that because he does not get on the ball enough.

We are obviously not going to sign Toure himself, so again what do you mean by a "Toure style" player? Give me an example, name someone. If you mean someone who does what Toure is doing at City, good luck finding someone.

We need toure style player to make our Middlefield be strong again like in the times of makelele or essien. Our Middlefield is weak, the only thing that good 'bout it is the speed of ramires. mikel should LEAVE.. he literaly can't pass (we need someone to make the long passes like carick) ,shoot or even defense. Another thing is that no one fucking shot from long distances, especially the "second wave" (DM,CM,CB). mikel and ramires don't know how to shoot and we need that player with that killer shot.

Our team is completely different than when we had Maka and Essien, we play a completely different system as well. Toure would have been great next to them back then. No idea how Mikel comes into the equation because if we do get someone like Toure, he would be partnering Mikel in the pivot in the current set-up. Funny how you claim Mikel is not good when we've won so many trophies with him starting and even more laughable that you say he can't pass when he's statistically the best passer in the league! :lol: But I don't want to turn this thread into another Mikel discussion.

The theme is these threads seems to be making one-line ridiculous claims about impossible players to sign. How about we add a bit of footballing value and depth to these 'discussions' and talk about some possible signings and why we should get them?

Decent didn't win us the Fa Cup and CL. His passing and general skill of distributing transition was above average and to sell him, wait for it, would be mad as he would provide a great squad player. Similar to when Essien/Ballack and Mak all started before him yet he provided stable coverage for them

Luck won us the Champions League as much as anything.

What we need in that midfield is men who do the job we need. Rami has stepped up in recent weeks but I still think there's a good chance we'll get two midfielders in the summer. Oscar might be given a shot at the playmaking role in midfield but I think a defensive stopper like Khedira is essential.

We can have the Mikel discussion for a thousandth time where his critics point to his lack of mobility, his lack of heart, his lack of leadership and his lack of positional sense whilst his supporters talk about his pass completion statistic, but we need to re-establish that spine we once had.

We need leaders as well. We need men who step-up and make the player next to them better.

Luck won us the Champions League as much as anything.

What we need in that midfield is men who do the job we need. Rami has stepped up in recent weeks but I still think there's a good chance we'll get two midfielders in the summer. Oscar might be given a shot at the playmaking role in midfield but I think a defensive stopper like Khedira is essential.

We can have the Mikel discussion for a thousandth time where his critics point to his lack of mobility, his lack of heart, his lack of leadership and his lack of positional sense whilst his supporters talk about his pass completion statistic, but we need to re-establish that spine we once had.

We need leaders as well. We need men who step-up and make the player next to them better.

There is no denying that. But he kept Kroos quite as well distributed the ball brilliantly in the Fa Cup and CL final.

Still has quality that he displayed in the start of the season. Should he start next season? Hell no. Does he provide a suitable squad role and coverage? He most certainly does rather than spend more money on another

There is no denying that. But he kept Kroos quite as well distributed the ball brilliantly in the Fa Cup and CL final.

Still has quality that he displayed in the start of the season. Should he start next season? Hell no. Does he provide a suitable squad role and coverage? He most certainly does rather than spend more money on another

I agree he should be kept around unless someone comes in with a bid of £12 million or more - which they won't.

He could be a great option off the bench or simply used as a rotation option, but I'd be interested to see how he'd do alongside a proper DM like Khedira where he had more freedom to express his attacking instincts. He was a beast as a youngster when he was more like a Toure-esque player and I've always felt his conversion to a Makelele-type player was misguided by Mourinho.

The only problem is whether he'd be able to muster the enthusiasm to play more of a bit-part role. If he can't then we ship him on and replace him in the squad with Chalobah or even Loftus-Cheek a little further down the line.

I don't understand what are the fuss all about.

I mean, it seems that everybody wants our loanees called-back to player here next season... Sometimes, I got the feeling that it's just for the sake of having youth. Yeah, I know, having our youth playing in the first team is a nice story... But is this really the best option for these youngsters ? And ultimately, is this the best solution for Chelsea Football Club ? Moreover, people are criticizing the board for this... I have criticized thet board in many ways, but, for once, I think they are doing the good thing. They got it right regarding Courtois, for two years in a row. This season, they got it right for Lukaku, de Bruyne and Chalobah. So why not have faith in their judgment, concerning these very cases ?

Undergoing a transition isn't as simple as throwing youngsters into the team — especially when you have to remain competitive, as us. Next year, our offensive department should be this one : Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Ba, ladyboy (at the light of what I said and his wages, don't think we'll be able to get rid of him) and maybe Marin. Now throw into the mixt Lukaku and de Bryune... Basically, nobody sees a problem with this ? Or am I the only one ? Whatever their potential, Hazard and Oscar are still inconsistent — just as Moses. That's normal, they are still young ; Messi and Ronaldo were also inconsistent at this age. Mata has also shown over the past two years that he was inconsistent, like it or not (even though, exhaustion has his part in it). The ladyboy is the ladyboy — we can't count upon him. And Ba cannot play every games.

That's why I don't think it would be a good solution, for us, to have Lukaku and de Bryune in the team next season, and thus having this forward department : Ba, ladyboy, Lukaku, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, de Bryune, Moses. That's too young. And as I have aforementioned, it'll cost us a lack of consistency... And I am prety sure it'll penalize us in the league — let alone the Champions League. And the lack of consistency is not only con. Indeed, we might have serious concerns over their gullibility.

So yeah, that's my opinion, having such an attacking department next season isn't the right thing to do, for Chelsea's sake. That's why, for our own sake (regardng next season, of course), it's better to have them on loan. To mine, when you're in transition, it means that you have young players along side old players and "mid-aged" players. That's how Ferguson does, that's how Barça does.. to mention a few.

Wanting to implant a long-term vision into the club is a good thing. Though, we must not rush up and skip mid-way steps. We need to build a young team on a long-term perspective — but we also need to stay competitive and to fight for the biggest trophies. Therefore, we need to find a balance between inexperienced players and "less" inexperienced players. Thus, I am agree with the board, on this case.

Sorry for taking it away of the original thread, but since I wont be talking solely about Lukaku, I decided to move this to the Summer Transfers for lack of a better place.

Anyways, I get what you are saying and I agree, but I dont think we would have such an inflated squad if those players returned.

For instance, does anyone believe Malouda, Benayoon and Marin will stay? If not, we would have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Schurrle and KDB for 3 starting positions. Consedering the amount of games we play a season + the fact Mata and Oscar will again not have a decen summer vacation (because of shit Confederations Cup), is that really too many players?

About Lukaku, it really depends on what happens to Torres and Cavani/Falcao. If Torres doesnt leave or if we buy a top striker, I would prefer Lukaku to have one more season on loan. Regarding Chabolah, he needs at least 1 season with a EPL side (maybe if Watford gets promoted). And so does Josh and our younger loanees.

I really want KDB back because with all the players going away and the fact Mata and Oscar will have another busy summer, he will be indeed used. I also really want Torres, Marin, Mikel and Lampard gone. With this, we could buy a CM, DM, CB, ST and Schurrle without spending 100+ nor any more money on wages.

Yep ... he ALWAYS delivers. I rate him higher than Hazard for now. So fucking consistent and creepily good. Comon Roman .... do it!

Yeah you right, he is our best player right now.

I can see one fucking world class 4-3-3 midfield next year like this :

---------- Witsel ---------

---- Mata ------- Oscar-

RW--------------- Hazard

---------- Striker ----------

Yeah you right, he is our best player right now.

I can see one fucking world class 4-3-3 midfield next year like this :

---------- Witsel ---------

---- Mata ------- Oscar-

RW--------------- Hazard

---------- Striker ----------

I see us getting absolutely smashed on the counter...

But it does look pretty sweet in attack.

I see us getting absolutely smashed on the counter...

But it does look pretty sweet in attack.

Witsel will take care of that - also Oscar next year. Just suppose we have Schurrle on the right there who backtracks ..... we would be more solid defending than we are now, I'd guess. :-)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Are you kiddin me? Why should a two times German Champion like Lewandowski make a move to a mid-table EPL team where he would probably get paid less and would not play internationally? Have you actually ever watched a minute of football?

Yeah. Finally someone else who wants narsingh. Fuckin beast that guy. Pacy , clinical + cheap.

true.

classy CB like

Hummels or Garay - 25m

solid DM with great all-round skills like

Gonalons, Bender, Capoue 15m+

good DLP like

Benat, Gündogan, Strootman (DM or DLP?)15m+

pacy, out and out winger

Narsingh, Alexis Sanchez 10-25m

striker who offers more than Ba or Lukaku

Aspas, Schürrle, Lewa 15-25m+

so let's buy 5 players

promote a goalie, KDB as second option for CAM and DLP, get back Lukaku,

Outs: Torres (15m) Marin (7m), Essien (10m) Benayoun, hilario, Turnbull, Ferreira, Malouda etc can leave for free. (I know already said multiple times but it just feels so good to write 'em out :) )

Fucking Mug, I was talking about Aubameyang.

Anyways, I get what you are saying and I agree, but I dont think we would have such an inflated squad if those players returned.

For instance, does anyone believe Malouda, Benayoon and Marin will stay? If not, we would have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses, Schurrle and KDB for 3 starting positions. Consedering the amount of games we play a season + the fact Mata and Oscar will again not have a decen summer vacation (because of shit Confederations Cup), is that really too many players?

I really want KDB back because with all the players going away and the fact Mata and Oscar will have another busy summer, he will be indeed used. I also really want Torres, Marin, Mikel and Lampard gone. With this, we could buy a CM, DM, CB, ST and Schurrle without spending 100+ nor any more money on wages.

Hum... I don't really know...

First off, will we play, during the upcoming season, as many as we did this year ? We won't play in the Community Shield, the UEFA Super Cup, and the FIFA World Cup. That's four game less, and it won't provoc congestion early in our schedule. Furthermore, we have been in three semi-final this year : FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League. Will we repeat that next year ? Especially if we are in Champions League, that will be hard to get three semi-finals. Plus, we had to play two replay in the FA Cup. One of them was unnecessary, the other one was a bad timing (the four games in nine days). I think we are bound to have a season less fraught than this year. Finally, we won't be dealing with the negative effects caused by the CAN.

Then, he might end up with Schürrle. We can picture that it will have a significant positive effect on the situation (regarding the AM) - unless if he's a flop, but oh well... We can assume without geting carried away that Schürrle is a 25/30-starts-a-season kind of player ; that's more starts than Marin and Benayoun combined. In addition, I'm pretty sure that Schürrle can replace either Mata, Hazard or Oscar in a big game without dramatically damage the quality of our front-three ; just as Moses. On the paper, it's a big step compared to this year. This way, I believe that we can perform an efficient turn-over — probably not the best, but much better than this season — and thus keep our AMs healthy.

And there's another angle from which to see things. For instance, against Manchester United in the League Cup, we had to to play our big guns because our bench couldn't defeat United's. I believe that we were in this case more than once. I think it's safe to assume that our bench will be improved significantly. Thus, more rest for our starting players against weak teams. Moreover, we have been over-reliant to Mata and Hazard, and to a lesser extent Oscar. Why ? Because aside them, we don't really have players to drive the team, to make things happen (especially regarding our strikers and our double-pivot players). That means that if we find a very very good midfielder, or even find a performing midfield (I refuse to think that the Club won't fix our midfield problems), then this over reliance upon them will be lessened ; they will be able to get more rest against weak and mid-table sides...

We also have Bertrand we can provide cover for the left-wing spot... Granted he does not set the world alight when he's playing there ; though, if as I said we will improve our squad quality, he shouldn't be too much of an weight if the others around him are good.

From this perspective, the situation in regards of the players' fatigue does not look that bad, (even if you considere that, as you pointed-out, Oscar and Mata won't have a proper rest during holidays). That's sure that having de Bryune as the sixth AM wouldn't be a luxury at all, but I still presume that we can live without that sixth player.

Nonetheless, as I aforementioned, I do not really know. That's just assumptions. I believe that whether de Bruyne will be needed or not depend on how much we do strengthen our other areas. If we do good enough in that regards, then it will be the best for him as he would be able to play week-in week-out (-> he will have a better environment to develop as a player) ; and for us as well, on the long-term (we wouldn't slow up his development).

P.S. Well, I hope you understand me, because it's late here and I am kinda blazted.