Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Sky Sports

Everton have moved ahead of at least three other Premier League clubs after bidding £18m for Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon.

News of the offer is expected to spark a flurry of activity for the 23-year old Real academy product who was voted the best left back in La Liga last season.

Reguilon played a pivotal role during a season-long loan at Sevilla, becoming a fans' favourite, helping to guide his team into fourth place and Champions League qualification.

Carlo Ancelotti is keen to fill the vacancy left by Leighton Baines who retired this week - and provide competition for Lucas Digne

Sky Sports

Everton have moved ahead of at least three other Premier League clubs after bidding £18m for Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon.

News of the offer is expected to spark a flurry of activity for the 23-year old Real academy product who was voted the best left back in La Liga last season.

Reguilon played a pivotal role during a season-long loan at Sevilla, becoming a fans' favourite, helping to guide his team into fourth place and Champions League qualification.

Carlo Ancelotti is keen to fill the vacancy left by Leighton Baines who retired this week - and provide competition for Lucas Digne

And why are we not going for him? Less risk than Chilwell

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Sky Sports

Wait and see Everton get a better fullback for 18m while we fork 70m for Chilwell...its totaly possible scenario.

7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

And why are we not going for him? Less risk than Chilwell

Quick, good close control but is he ready for first-choice role? Signing him to rotate with Digne will be a coup for Everton 

Gabriel Magalhaes’ representatives jet into UK as Manchester United weigh up transfer move

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/31/gabriel-magalhaes-representatives-jet-uk-manchester-united-weigh-transfer-move-13065181/

The representatives of Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes are in the UK to negotiate a move for the defender, with Manchester United and Everton battling it out for his signature. United have identified Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho as their priority transfer target this summer but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also keen to bring in a central defender to partner Harry Maguire. Maguire has largely impressed since joining from Leicester in a world-record £80million switch but the Englishman’s lack of mobility has been exposed on several occasions in his debut season and the Red Devils are scouring the market for a centre-back with pace.

snip

Horrible if true. We are interested in Rice for CB, who played couple of games in that position, while Spurs are interested Skriniar, who is known to be a beast when he plays in a system with 4 at the back.

54 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Horrible if true. We are interested in Rice for CB, who played couple of games in that position, while Spurs are interested Skriniar, who is known to be a beast when he plays in a system with 4 at the back.

I think the 'Rice to CB' is a project, not an immediate 'toss him to the wolves' type of thing

IF we buy Rice, sell Jorginho, and keep Kante, Rice will end up at DMF a shedload, as Kante will inevitably go on the injured list

I think his days of full healthy seasons here are done and dusted, which is why I have been saying to sell him (along with my other 3 major reasons)

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Skriniar main weakness is aerial duels, i think that's the reason why Lampard doesn't consider him as CB option for next season.

I think the 'Rice to CB' is a project, not an immediate 'toss him to the wolves' type of thing
I do not want us to pay an insane amount of money for Rice to let him play as a CB for a project. What if he is not good enough? 15 matches or so do not give me enough evidence that he is worth that amount of money. I know that Skriniar is good enough as a CB because he has showed that last season with WC performances.
We can buy Rice and sell Kante for no. 6 position, but Rice project as a CB is for that money too risky. Being a CB is not easy. You need to have a instinct of timing, body positioning and reading of the game. Guys like Rüdiger and David Luiz started playing CB when they were 16/17 years old and never developt those instincts.

Skriniar main weakness is aerial duels, i think that's the reason why Lampard doesn't consider him as CB option for next season.

That may be a fair point, but I think Lamps is just in love with Chilwell and Rice that he forgot that their are better options out there. It is not like we are linked with other CBs on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Gabriel Magalhaes’ representatives jet into UK as Manchester United weigh up transfer move

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/31/gabriel-magalhaes-representatives-jet-uk-manchester-united-weigh-transfer-move-13065181/

The representatives of Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes are in the UK to negotiate a move for the defender, with Manchester United and Everton battling it out for his signature. United have identified Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho as their priority transfer target this summer but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also keen to bring in a central defender to partner Harry Maguire. Maguire has largely impressed since joining from Leicester in a world-record £80million switch but the Englishman’s lack of mobility has been exposed on several occasions in his debut season and the Red Devils are scouring the market for a centre-back with pace.

snip

I've noticed Gabriel on pretty much all of your CB option lists, albeit down the page a bit. I like a lot about him, but he seems painfully slow. Would you see that as a deal breaker?

22 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've noticed Gabriel on pretty much all of your CB option lists, albeit down the page a bit. I like a lot about him, but he seems painfully slow. Would you see that as a deal breaker?

very observant, the more I watched him, the less I became comfortable with his lack of pace

thus his drop down

he stays on because I still rate him over AC, but TBH, that list is probably 50 to 60 players strong, lolol (which just is a gut punch, as I had huge hopes for AC just 2 or 3 years ago)