Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

That is taking things out of context. There were 3/4 back and forth a with the same poster.

She said "he is from a relegation team"

I gave an example of Cahill.

Then came the height argument.

I gave an example of Puyol, cannavaro (and now to think of it, Carvalho was barely any taller).

But despite putting all these arguments, you can still stick to your opinions, but accept them. I said what I said, only after a post in which the poster clearly passed judgement on the player that 'he can't be a PFA player of the year member" and 'wont be a good buy'. No reasons, just judgements. Hence I felt it was totally valid to point out that there are better judges and better scouts out there.

I don't think that is taking things out of context because that logic is silly. Have seen situations where people use that logic when it suits to them but don't mention it when it doesn't.

• Person A likes Player B but person C doesn't. Person A then tells C that he/she is FOS because Manager/Club A/B/C want Player B and therefore Player B is good OR
  • Person A doesn't like Player B but Manager A continues to play Player B. Person A doesn't use 'Manager A want Player B and therefore Player B is good' logic. Instead, Person A criticizes the manager instead

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think that is taking things out of context because that logic is silly. Have seen situations where people use that logic when it suits to them but don't mention it when it doesn't.

Again, we have had discussions and have I used such arguments? Or with nicco, even though the 2 of us have had some heated ones too.

Difference is that A and C can have a difference of opinion but still try to understand each other's PoV. If C (for some weird reason), thinks they know better, and pass judgement then I feel A is within his rights to point out that their judgment might be massively wrong as better judgers have taken a very different call.

It's not something that I normally do or would do, but there is only so much anyone can so to 'i know this will happen'.

Anywyas, apologize if I crossed a line here. Or if this is against forum rules 

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

CB market getting smaller and smaller. That's now 3 CB's we've been linked with (Ake, Ginter, Upamecano) off the market in recent days.

Are we going to go all in on the Declan Rice as a CB route? Not ideal. Feels like a move for Rice would go like several sagas of past windows where we chase a big target all summer, fail, and then settle for a lesser player at the last minute.

Ginter is still possible. He only had an extension by a year to take him to two. That isn't massive as in 6 months time Gladbach are essentially in the position they were a week ago. Further, and this is no offence to Gladbach, but we probably have defenders they would be interested in for a swap. 

Personally I have not seen much of Ginter but know he is fairly highly rated and got into a number of teams of the season. Whether we are actually interested is another matter, but if we are I wouldn't say it is done yet. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Tonali expected to join Inter for 35 million very soon...

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2020/07/brescia-starlet-close-to-joining-inter/

Nice Conte building a team for next season. 

I still like Conte and hope he does well with Inter. 

12 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Hahhahaha. I am sure you meant "exactly that". I should somehow magically understand what "you meant" instead of answering to what you actually wrote.

Just your regular drivel as usual. Stubborn as shit, despite being given proof again and again.

Well there is a reason vesper is typing on a Chelsea forum, while pep, Eddie howe, ole and a lot of clubs and managers think that he is a quality CB worth spending multi million dollars on. 

Also, I was not comparing ake to Puyol and cannavaro. I was simply debunking an argument as stupid as "he is short, hence we should not buy'. Nothing with how good he is defensively, his positional awareness, his actual jumping makes his height a moot point. You even have a problem with Google and various sources listing his height as 180cm, but somehow have no problem using the same sources to make whatever ridiculous point you are trying to make most times 

the drivel is all on yours

you have not proven anything 

I think you need to look up the difference be subjective and objective

you are still LUDICROUSLY accusing me of literally saying that Ake will never even be a starter, when it is CRYSTAL clear that I said he will never be all-EPL first teamer (as I was comparing him to Cahill, whom YOU brought up)

you are a bad faith poster

since you came here just 3 weeks ago all you have is faulty logic via multiple fallacies and ad hominem attacks

Well there is a reason vesper is typing on a Chelsea forum, while pep, Eddie howe, ole and a lot of clubs and managers think that he is a quality CB worth spending multi million dollars on. 

argumentum ab auctoritate 

cheap appeals to authority like that betray the utter lack of sophistication and nuance that you bring to the debate table

you are literally trying to force your OPINION onto me, when I am not, nor have not done so, to you nor others

you are literally trying to invalidate me, take away my voice

done with you 

you have been here only 3 weeks and you face up as a classic troll

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the drivel is all on yours

you have not proven anything 

I think you need to look up the difference be subjective and objective

you are still LUDICROUSLY accusing me of literally saying that Ake will never even be a starter, when it is CRYSTAL clear that I said he will never be all-EPL first teamer (as I was comparing him to Cahill, whom YOU brought up)

you are a bad faith poster

since you came here just 3 weeks ago all you have is faulty logic via multiple fallacies and ad hominem attacks

argumentum ab auctoritate 

cheap appeals to authority like that betray the utter lack of sophistication and nuance that you bring to the debate table

you are literally trying to force your OPINION onto me, when I am not, nor have not done so, to you nor others

you are literally trying to invalidate me, take away my voice

done with you 

you have been here only 3 weeks and you face up as a classic troll

Lol. Sure.

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Inter Tonali and Hakimi for 75m euros.

Chillwell and Rice cost more than 150m lol

madness

and when you convert Chilwell and Rice to euros (from £155m)

the difference is almost 100m euros (172m v 75m)

the English tax is killing teams, and we are near the front of the line, but far from the only victims

more teams and players need to be punished like Palace and Zaha (I put some blame on him as he was the fool who renewed) will end up being smashed for their pure greed

BHO demanding £50m for Dunk is a perfect example

madness
and when you convert Chilwell and Rice to euros (from £155m)
the difference is almost 100m euros (172m v 75m)
the English tax is killing teams, and we are near the front of the line, but far from the only victims
more teams and players need to be punished like Palace and Zaha (I put some blame on him as he was the fool who renewed) will end up being smashed for their pure greed
BHO demanding £50m for Dunk is a perfect example
Both are better players than the ones we want for 2x+ cost

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

BHO or Crystal or whoever demanding these fees for players are not at fault. The idotic clubs paying these prices however are. If the player is that promising (like VvD) then it makes sense to pay. But if someone actualy pays 50m for Dunk or 80m for Chilwell, 70m for Zaha etc...its just idiotic.

Like we paid 40m for Drinkwater. Because if someone is ready to pay 40m for him, why not twice for someone actualy decent? 

oh, I agree it is a two way street

and IF Drinkwater had been a decent MFer, then not so much an issue with paying a bit over the going price for a decent CMF (which he was not, and we were fools)

btw, if you look at transfer fees on TransferMarkt, they adjust for inflation and they use current FOREX rates when the price is listed in whatever currency you pick

they also update the price as bonuses are met and paid (see Hazard's price for example, which keeps rising)