Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

I actually quoted "lesser" than what he is rumored to be earning at Bayern (250kpw €). In that sense, I don't know, with the options we already have and what we have already paid for ziyech, kai for the same position, seems like an overkill imo.

As for RlC, pre-injury, he seemed to have broken through. That friendly really set him back a year. But those performances were not to be forgotten. I feel he can get back to it. Or atleast hope.

Yeah lets hope so mate

2 hours ago, Jason said:

More and more I can see why FL opted to not pursue him

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We might aswell sell Drogba after his ilness but we didnt and he went on couple great seasons. Bayern could sell Robben but they didnt and he was great for them. 

We sold Matic for example, but can you realy tell the difference if he stayed? We went on buying Bakayoko, then Jorginho and we still dont have a proper DM. Might as well kept Matic then instead of problems we have now selling Baka and Jorgi. 

The only time someone good should be sold is if they dont want to be here. Saying oh he will be shite next year, injuries, age etc might fire back. Take a look at Madrid and Makelele.

Actually I was an advocate of listening to offers for a lot of our players after the double season, they were getting on but the ending of the season hiked their values up and we could have basically rebuilt for the next generation with the money we got for some of them. Ofcourse given Munich happened I'm glad we didn't go down that route but you can't plan for an off chance of something like that happening.

Ash, Malouda, Anelka, Essien, Alex all never hit the same heights again post 2010, all could have commanded at that time around £100m between them that summer, that could have got us 3/4 excellent young players and speed up a rebuilding process that instead took years. Infact I'd argue we're still to this day playing catch up from letting the old guard stagnate with no contingency plan.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Actually I was an advocate of listening to offers for a lot of our players after the double season, they were getting on but the ending of the season hiked their values up and we could have basically rebuilt for the next generation with the money we got for some of them. Ofcourse given Munich happened I'm glad we didn't go down that route but you can't plan for an off chance of something like that happening.

Ash, Malouda, Anelka, Essien, Alex all never hit the same heights again post 2010, all could have commanded at that time around £100m between them that summer, that could have got us 3/4 excellent young players and speed up a rebuilding process that instead took years. Infact I'd argue we're still to this day playing catch up from letting the old guard stagnate with no contingency plan.

Mate we are in transition for the past 10 years. We could rebuild but this board was unfit to do that. Those 100m could do alot or we might buy lot of shite and never win CL. 

The nature of football is that you develop, reach peak and then those players get older, but they stay and because of that titles are hard to get (look at Barca). You dont win trophies and then go on to sell Pique, Iniesta, xyz to rebuild and win it all again. Its natural and great that key players often stay in the club. It sucks if all are the same age because they stagnate at same time (which in large part happend with our old guard) but if they hit peak at different time, you can comfortably slowly replace them when they retire or move on. But you dont just use them as objects and throw them out when they might start declining. 

Also Pool could easily replace Henderson, because he was nothing special, yet he has that spirit, leadership and loyalty which pushes team forward in hard moments. Pure quality is not everything in many cases.

40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Mate we are in transition for the past 10 years. We could rebuild but this board was unfit to do that. Those 100m could do alot or we might buy lot of shite and never win CL. 

The nature of football is that you develop, reach peak and then those players get older, but they stay and because of that titles are hard to get (look at Barca). You dont win trophies and then go on to sell Pique, Iniesta, xyz to rebuild and win it all again. Its natural and great that key players often stay in the club. It sucks if all are the same age because they stagnate at same time (which in large part happend with our old guard) but if they hit peak at different time, you can comfortably slowly replace them when they retire or move on. But you dont just use them as objects and throw them out when they might start declining. 

Also Pool could easily replace Henderson, because he was nothing special, yet he has that spirit, leadership and loyalty which pushes team forward in hard moments. Pure quality is not everything in many cases.

Actually that is exactly what Fergie use to do and that's what set him apart from the rest. No sentiment if it compromised the success of the side, he buggered up once with Stam but the rest of his ruthless decisions were spot on.

I don't buy this "using players as objects" narrative, players do what's best for them and clubs do what's best for them, the most "loyal" is always the one who needs the other more, if we weren't matching their ambition back in the early to mid 00's Terry and Lampard would have eventually moved on and the rest of the old guard would have never darkened our door. This notion that we have to let players stagnate and turn to shit but keep playing them out of gratitude is bs, it's the other side of fans expecting unwavering loyalty to players and for them to reject any chance of career progression to "prove" their love for the club. Wilkins loved us despite jumping at the chance to join United and we can love a player we make surplus to requirements.

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Actually that is exactly what Fergie use to do and that's what set him apart from the rest. No sentiment if it compromised the success of the side, he buggered up once with Stam but the rest of his ruthless decisions were spot on.

I don't buy this "using players as objects" narrative, players do what's best for them and clubs do what's best for them, the most "loyal" is always the one who needs the other more, if we weren't matching their ambition back in the early to mid 00's Terry and Lampard would have eventually moved on and the rest of the old guard would have never darkened our door. This notion that we have to let players stagnate and turn to shit but keep playing them out of gratitude is bs, it's the other side of fans expecting unwavering loyalty to players and for them to reject any chance of career progression to "prove" their love for the club. Wilkins loved us despite jumping at the chance to join United and we can love a player we make surplus to requirements.

Yes then we cant expect players to be loyal either. Why was there such hate for Tibo then? I guess you were not cool with his flirting for Real either. If clubs were ditching players just like u said, the players dont have to give a fuck either. 

Then football becomes just business.

F@ck that.

I think we can do better than Ake. If you've already got a great partner for him than he's a good signing. We need someone who's better than what we already have not on the same level. I don't think Ake is an upgrade.

Perfect Pep CB, though.

I think we can do better than Ake. If you've already got a great partner for him than he's a good signing. We need someone who's better than what we already have not on the same level. I don't think Ake is an upgrade.
Perfect Pep CB, though.
CBs with great football IQ are hard to find and his technical abilities are also great. We should have never sold him. He can play CB, LB and DM.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Frank took a long hard look at Ake and it seems like he's passed up the opportunity to sign him. 

I think this is fair enough if there was a WC defender we are in discussions with. If the club is spending 150 m on three attackers and is ready to spend heavily on a left-back, then the budget for a CB would at most be 30-40 million?