Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ake is so not De Bruyne MKII

and he couldn't shine Ruud Gullit's boots (who also didn't even remotely play the same position)

Gullit won the Ballon d'Or as an AMF in 1987

they only thing they have in common is the hair, their home football nation, and they were both Chels for a spell

TeamMilanAC on Twitter: "Ruud Gullit won the Ballon d'Or in 1987 ...

The hair and Dutch connection are obvious factors, but Gullit did play sweeper in a back three at Chelsea so for Chelsea fans who watched Gullit here there is probably a bit more of a comparison as they are similar positions on the pitch.

I do think comparing Ake to Gullit though is a ridiculous reach. I think it's understated just how good Gullit was during his short stint at Chelsea. That first season before he transitioned to player manager he came into the league supposedly too old and washed up with two duff knees and made everything look so easy. He was easily one of the best players in the league still and could have comfortably played for a better team than Chelsea at the time. 

Having started watching Chelsea for maybe 2-3 years before Gullit joined, I can only assume for me suddenly watching Gullit in Chelsea's team was like people moving from a black and white to a colour TV.

Top player and as a side note I love his affection for the club despite a relatively short stay in the twilight of his career, particularly given the enormous success he enjoyed.

disagree, although I wish we had gotten more OR put in a sell on clause
he is too short for our style
he was a starting CB on a team that just got relegated
and it wasn't like he was some godlike talent on a team with literally nothing else but pure dregs (there are players like that all over Europe)
b046073d79cd76dd42522fe4a61b7804.png

You think that prime Ricardo Carvalho is also too short for our style of play?
At the end, it is the defending skills that matter the most.

Yesterday, I watched Brentford vs Swansea and Guehi, who is 182 cm, won aerial duels against the 194 cm tall CB of Brentford in set pieces. How? Guehi's timing and body positioning in aerial duels were the reasons why he can do such things.

Ake has brilliant football IQ and can play three positions. DM, CB and LB. Why can he play so many positions? Because of his football IQ and his technical abilities, he can play many different positions and Ake is the perfect player for every squad. There are not many players out there that are this versatile

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

What are the options in the man-mountain CB market? 
Only Milenkovic and Konate. I do not think that Milenkovic is ready yet, because in his last match, he seemed clueless what to do. Based on his performance against Rom, I did even though what position he was playing. Sometimes DM, sometimes LB, sometimes LCB, RCB etc.

Konate was injured most of the season and only played 8 matches in Buli. So who knows how good he is right now

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yesterday, I watched Brentford vs Swansea and Guehi, who is 182 cm, won aerial duels against the 194 cm tall CB of Brentford in set pieces. How? Guehi's timing and body positioning in aerial duels were the reasons why he can do such things.

Ake has brilliant football IQ and can play three positions. DM, CB and LB. Why can he play so many positions? Because of his football IQ and his technical abilities, he can play many different positions and Ake is the perfect player for every squad. There are not many players out there that are this versatile

he is poor at LB, i watched him intently in both his matches there this year

also, as posted before, his aerial duel winning rate is poor

you will not change my mind (not that my opinions matte for shit)) nor will you change the minds of Lampard and the rest of the club/board/organisation

we had all the chances in the world to re-grab him and definitively said nej, nein, no, nyet

57 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I don't think anybody would dispute how good a player Carvalho was. 

But the leadership of Terry was critical for our success defensively. We won premier league titles and multiple cups with Terry as the back bone of the side. Whether it was Carvalho, Gallas, Alex, Cahill the common trend was Terry. I always felt that when Terry was in his prime we would almost always have a solidity in the defence no matter the partner he had alongside him.

I would look currently at that Liverpool defence and in my opinion if you cherry picked any of Gomez, TAA or Robertson and put them in our side i don't think it would make much difference to our team as a defensive unit. Put Van Dijk however in our team to lead the defence and it would automatically raise the game of the rest.

Honestly I struggle to give transfer targets for centre back currently because I think so few nowadays offer that (Van Dijk is an excellent player but i think he's lauded even more so because the pool of world class centre backs around now is not what it was 10-20 years ago). But we need someone to lead and organise our defence. Ake for me, may be an upgrade on Christensen or Zouma, etc but he's still the secondary centre back that they are. We need a primary centre back to come in and elevate everyone around them.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

disagree, although I wish we had gotten more OR put in a sell on clause

he is too short for our style

he was a starting CB on a team that just got relegated

and it wasn't like he was some godlike talent on a team with literally nothing else but pure dregs (there are players like that all over Europe)

b046073d79cd76dd42522fe4a61b7804.png

Cahill was a player in a relegated pl team. Helped us win a CL.

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Cahill was a player in a relegated pl team. Helped us win a CL.

Cahill was also 13 to 15cms taller than Ake and a better CB, a 3 time PFA first team all EPLer

Ake will will never be on an EPL first team, I will just be shocked if he was 

anyone reading this (not just you) can give up trying to convince me we should drop £41m on him

even if somehow we do match and get him, I am not happy about it

sorry

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Cahill was also 13 to 15cms taller than Ake and a better CB, a 4 time PFA first team all EPLer

Ake will will never be on an EPL first team, I will just be shocked if he was 

anyone reading this (not just you) can give up trying to convince me we should drop £41m on him

even if somehow we do match and get him, I am not happy about it

sorry

Was just putting up a point to debunk the "he was on a relegated team" point. 

As for height he is 2cm taller than Puyol and 5cm taller than cannavaro.

Ake is already an EPL first teamer, a main stay for Bournemouth, what are yiy even saying.

A CB who ole went upto after the game and said, we need a left footed CB. A player who is bought by one of the best teams in Europe.

36 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Ake is already an EPL first teamer,

no

why would you post something so easily debunked?

there are zero all EPL first team XI's he was or is on

Cahil was named to 3 by the PFA (and I am sure others)

PFA Team of the Year: 2013–14 , 2014–15, 2016–17

Just now, Vesper said:

no

why would you post something so easily debunked?

there are zero all EPL first team XI's he was or is on

Cahil was named to 3 by the PFA (and I am sure others)

PFA Team of the Year: 2013–14 , 2014–15, 2016–17

EPL team of the year player and EPL first teamer are 2 very different things which I think you should say clearly. 

I mean if I say EPL first teamer, I am sure 99 out of 100 people will understand it to be plays in the first team for a PL club.

Also, GC came to Chelsea in 2011-12, so him being in PFA team of the yrar, was a result of that. He was still just a player on a team that got relegated, same as ake. He did not have any pFA team of the year nominations at that point (2011).

Also still does not change the whole scenario. 

1. Ake is taller than puyol and cannavaro - so height should be zilch of the creiteria, specially for a player who jumps like a salmon

2. Being on a relegated team, argument is bogus to say the least

3. Ake is/was targetted by some of the best teams in Europe and by one of the best managers to have lived. 

All of that says a lot.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

roflmaooooooooooooooooo

ZERO chance a team drops €80m on a striker who turns 30yo this coming season

Spanish football sites are about as reliable as flinging dog poo at a wall with choices and outcomes marked out on it

Juve paid €90M for Higuain when he was a few months away from turning 29. That seemed stupid at the time too, although GH had scored a lot of goals in Serie A the season before. 

Just now, Jype said:

Juve paid €90M for Higuain when he was a few months away from turning 29. That seemed stupid at the time too, although GH had scored a lot of goals in Serie A the season before. 

well, I deleted it anyway

as I misread it

I thought it said Manure was buying him for 80m

I guess you quoted it before I did

Juve maybe are stupid enough, as it is grandpa league Serie A