Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Not in a million years did I expect United to complete a deal for Sancho before we did for Havertz. Not with the notoriously slow Ed Woodward. I figured that saga would last all summer.

In fact, it's the Havertz saga that may last for weeks longer.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not in a million years did I expect United to complete a deal for Sancho before we did for Havertz. Not with the notoriously slow Ed Woodward. I figured that saga would last all summer.

In fact, it's the Havertz saga that may last for weeks longer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8497307/Borussia-Dortmund-Manchester-United-August-10-ultimatum-decide-Jadon-Sancho.html

Dortmund long ago set a deadline for Sancho's future at August 10th while Havertz was always likely to take part in the EL with a transfer finalized only after Leverkusen finish their season first.

So it's not that surprising really. Also, the Havertz deal only really became a realistic option around June but United have been all over Sancho since last year. 

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8497307/Borussia-Dortmund-Manchester-United-August-10-ultimatum-decide-Jadon-Sancho.html

Dortmund long ago set a deadline for Sancho's future at August 10th while Havertz was always likely to take part in the EL with a transfer finalized only after Leverkusen finish their season first.

So it's not that surprising really. Also, the Havertz deal only really became a realistic option around June but United have been all over Sancho since last year. 

I just figured United would do what they did with Bruno and haggle for months until finally signing him like a week before the season started. Didn't know about any deadline Dortmund set.

Chelsea are Signing Ziyech , Werner , and maybe Kai Havertz and possibly a left back. Whilst Arsenal are trying their upmost hardest to sign 31 year old free agent Willian. 

The levels between these two London clubs is staggering Chelsea are so high above them on a Pedestal. It's unreal

^_^

EehVSa8X0AIuPfG?format=jpg&name=medium

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Damn Alisson got ripped off there. I still wonder why on earth our board insist on overpaying average players. Surely guys like Kepa, Drinkwater etc would have joined for half the wage as well

Edit: pretty sure that site is bullshit. RJ just earnign 14k and Kovacic less than gilmour... improbable

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/weekly/chelsea-fc/

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Damn Alisson got ripped off there. I still wonder why on earth our board insist on overpaying average players. Surely guys like Kepa, Drinkwater etc would have joined for half the wage as well

I think Drinky was on around £60k a week with Leicester so he was always going to be expensive. I still do not really know how his transfer came about. The only way it really makes any sense is if Conte went absolutely crazy after we didn't get Vidal or Nannoglain (sorry for the spelling.) 

As for Kepa, I know why he got that wage. The club were in full panic mode and lost the plot. £72m on a GK who only has 54 league games under his belt was was just plain insanity. 

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can we do something similar with Drinky? Also two years left on contract. Let him go for free but still cannot see any team giving him his wages.

Let Drinkwater go for free this summer is a 16m loss (on the books by amortization). A very hefty loss.

Man United signing Sancho is like when we signed Hazard, except Sancho is younger than Hazard was at the time and arguably even better. Hope I get to look back at this post and be proven wrong
Even though we have had a great window so far

Sancho signing takes utd above us i feel
With a good cdm and a cb they are set to challenge

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Man United signing Sancho is like when we signed Hazard, except Sancho is younger than Hazard was at the time and arguably even better. Hope I get to look back at this post and be proven wrong

You sure going to say to this post "blah blah blah you nothing like hazard and wow we got a better player in our new signings"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Even though we have had a great window so far

Sancho signing takes utd above us i feel
With a good cdm and a cb they are set to challenge

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Am sure you under estimated our new players in Timo and zyech, if we could get Kai and a solid Cb and Lb I am sure you will eat your words here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro