Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

It will take them at least another 10 years to get even close to United in terms of size. United is one of the very few clubs that can still rival Barca and Real even after several shit seasons, they are still giant club in popularity.

That said, they will have to push for CL and with Pep I think they have a long way to go. They might dominate league, but in Europe they will get spanked again and again. I was proven right for two years now when I said it and I stand by it. Pep is one way manager and in europe you face such and such sides where you have to adapt. Not to mention CL is won by heart and bravery still. Pep and Barca was tiki taka yeah, but people forget how much desire and passion Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta had for the club. In Bayern, Pep changed whole philosophy and there was no results because he took everyrhing german out of that club. At City, he has bunch of quality players, but apart from Kompany and maybe Silva and Aguero, who is there that actualy cares for the club? Who is a diehard loyal player there? Real has Ramos, Modric,...they give 110% every game and motivate the squad. I just dont see current City squad to do the same, especialy not under Pep. The guy can absolutely destroy you in 8/10 games, but he cant adopt for those 2 and the opponent takes advantage which is enough. And no way can they actualy absolutely dominate europe. Barca was the closest to that and they werent perfect still. And they had loyal players who would die for that club, City doesnt have it.

Sure once eventualy they will win it, but them, or PSG are clubs who want to buy everything and money doesnt actualy win you trophies. We wouldnt be successful without Terry, Lamps and Didi because they had heart set on the club, not because we had world class players in every position. Compared to Real with Zidane, Ronaldo,...Milan with Kaka,..Barca with Ronnie and we could still easily fight them because we had that spirit. City doesnt have that. You cant buy it. We were extremely lucky that we had money but also right players who became life long fans of Chelsea. That is slowly dying off and we are becoming worse year after year.

City, Psg can spend 500m, until they actualy show passion on pitch they are worth fuck all. Sure they will roll over Crystal Palaces and Burnleys, but every quality team spanks them. It reminds me of Real when they bought Ronaldo and thought they can buy titles. It took them several years to grow as a club and now they actualy fight till last second to win the games.

And even then, its hard to fight on all fronts every year. Just because City is good and maybe will be better next year, they wont be improving every year. They will drop the form and thats always in football world. What goes around comes around. Eventualy teams on top change.

Regardless of that, I do fear about Chelsea. We are extremely shit on market for a while and we have to gear up. Not just buy more expensive, but look for Kante players, bit cheaper but very good.

I couldn't agree more with what you have said. I really hope that what we agree on is correct. I just couldn't stomach City dominating Europe for a few years if any. A lot of fans say, 'i want City or Liverpool to win the CL because theu are an English team'. Myself, I never want an English team to win anything. Even then Charity Shield.

On 18/05/2018 at 3:54 PM, 11Drogba said:

Leicester is close to signing Ricardo Pereira from Porto for 25 million pounds.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/16/leicesterclose-agreeing-25m-dealfor-right-back-ricardo-pereira/

I think we should step in.

It's a done deal

Out  140m

Morata(50m)  Batshuayi(50m)  Drinkwater(25m)  Zappacosta(15m)  Cahill

IN 190m

Lewandowski(70m)  LeonBaily(70m)  Jorginho(50m) 

aaa.jpg

If we are to believe everyone online Sarri will be our new manager. The transfer list should be short and sweet but just what he needs.

1. Jorginho - Does this even need to be explained?

2. Leon Bailey - Some will say he doesn't fit the style, i say he is immensely talented and a good purchase

3. Koulibaly - He is a Sarri Disciple and we have been chasing him the past 2 summers. Will be expensive but would assume he will push his way out.

4. Striker - If morata wants to ship out it would either be Lewa/Icardi(dream) or Higuain who is a Sarri favourite and Juve would want Morata.

5. Willian? - if ManU/Jose want him, I will happily swap for Martial. 

In a perfect world we pick up the 4 first choices, bring back RLC, sell off some deadwood like Drinkwater/Luiz and get this party started.

Trying to get Jorginho/KK from ADL is going to be close to impossible though. I would settle for just Jorginho, KK would have to cut a VERY unhappy figure and we would have to offer a VERY large sum for him to even start the conversation. 

To be honest I don't think we need KK we have Toni and he could be our KK - and Andreas doesn't have as much experience as Albiol but could be very good in a back 4 with Azplilicueta beside him at RB . Everything else I agree with above - seems as though they want Luiz - i'd same 15m and he's theirs, but they gotta send Jorginho over for 40m.

Just need the right outgoing sales deadwood asap

16 hours ago, akgw13 said:

If we are to believe everyone online Sarri will be our new manager. The transfer list should be short and sweet but just what he needs.

1. Jorginho - Does this even need to be explained?

2. Leon Bailey - Some will say he doesn't fit the style, i say he is immensely talented and a good purchase

3. Koulibaly - He is a Sarri Disciple and we have been chasing him the past 2 summers. Will be expensive but would assume he will push his way out.

4. Striker - If morata wants to ship out it would either be Lewa/Icardi(dream) or Higuain who is a Sarri favourite and Juve would want Morata.

5. Willian? - if ManU/Jose want him, I will happily swap for Martial. 

In a perfect world we pick up the 4 first choices, bring back RLC, sell off some deadwood like Drinkwater/Luiz and get this party started.

Trying to get Jorginho/KK from ADL is going to be close to impossible though. I would settle for just Jorginho, KK would have to cut a VERY unhappy figure and we would have to offer a VERY large sum for him to even start the conversation. 

1. Would love him. Our CM's seem packed for next season if so + i think it'll be him or Cesc to play i'm not sure both can play together game in game out

2. A LW is the position i think we need to improve the most. should be one of the highest priorities. Zaha would be another option 

3. Obviously wouldnt say no to him but more of a want than a need. Zouma and Rudi could fit that strong athletic CB build

4. If Morata leaves we need a top striker with Bats also pushing with his hopefully renewed confidence 

5. Happy for Willian to leave, i'm not too sure on martial myself 

Main change i'm hoping for is we ditch the 5 at the back and got more attacking. Id like something like:

Tbo

Dave Christensen Rudi emerson/New LB

Kante Jorginho

RLC

Bailey ST Hazard

2 hours ago, gadget said:

1. Would love him. Our CM's seem packed for next season if so + i think it'll be him or Cesc to play i'm not sure both can play together game in game out

2. A LW is the position i think we need to improve the most. should be one of the highest priorities. Zaha would be another option 

3. Obviously wouldnt say no to him but more of a want than a need. Zouma and Rudi could fit that strong athletic CB build

4. If Morata leaves we need a top striker with Bats also pushing with his hopefully renewed confidence 

5. Happy for Willian to leave, i'm not too sure on martial myself 

Main change i'm hoping for is we ditch the 5 at the back and got more attacking. Id like something like:

Tbo

Dave Christensen Rudi emerson/New LB

Kante Jorginho

RLC

Bailey ST Hazard

The way I view the CM roles next season depend alot on Jorginho/Seri. but in the midfield 3 Sarri likes a deep lying pacemaker, a B2B, and an Attacker with a goal threat.

Deep Lying: Jorginho/Cesc/Ampadu(to grow/learn)

B2B: Kante/Bakayoko(I think he will come good, a patterned system could make the game easier for him)

ATM: Seri(?)/RLC/Barkley. I viewed Seri as a deep lying but his long range shot and playmaking seems like he can play this role, Barkley is my dark horse for a 10 goal season in this position(EXTREMELY optimistic point, im aware) RLC would just be splendid here no matter what.

Jorginho

Kante              Seri/RLC

I agree with your point on KK, definite luxury but he is so great. Striker mentions I agree with as well.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

United and Mourinho busy early indeed. Fred looks done and they've apparently inquired about some other super expensive players.

They will be the biggest spenders in summer that's for sure. But as long as they got Mou at the helm I doubt they will surpass City. Mou will never change and everyone knows that. Even if they would sign Neymar, Bale and Mbappe, he would still be pumping crosses to Fellaini in attack when he needs a goal and he would still surrender posession in every game against a side who can play football. Utd have invested hugely for years now and assembled a big big squad with at least 2 very good players for every position all of them in or approaching their best years yet they keep buying and buying instead of letting that squad settle. Mourinho needs this constant influx to keep the players on their toes and so he does not need to build tactics and formation around a team or actually develop some attacking tactics. All his magic is loading his box with players to keep it tight at the back and hope for the individual class of his star players to score a few goals up front. This time around because of his fetish for big strong players he failed to buy genuine class though. The 200m they spunked on Lukaku and Pogba could have been spent on real world class players in their positions. Fred might seem an anomaly here but he is likely not to be a game changer.

On 22.05.2018 at 6:45 AM, AOIRO said:

Out  140m

Morata(50m)  Batshuayi(50m)  Drinkwater(25m)  Zappacosta(15m)  Cahill

IN 190m

Lewandowski(70m)  LeonBaily(70m)  Jorginho(50m) 

aaa.jpg

Where you get this prices from? :) I doubt that Bayern let go Lewa for 70m, think that they prefer to stick with him more than sell for less than 100m, Rummenigge implied that multiple times. Also I'm very skeptical about Moses as fullback.

You have Sané, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, and Kevin De Bruyne. You've just walked the league with and unstoppable attack, had a crazy goal difference, and finished on a record 100 points.

So what do they do now? Oh, just target Mahrez and Isco for a combined ~€180m. How is anyone meant to compete when City literally have unlimited money and are not bothered or restrained by FFP at all?

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You have Sané, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, and Kevin De Bruyne. You've just walked the league with and unstoppable attack, had a crazy goal difference, and finished on a record 100 points.

So what do they do now? Oh, just target Mahrez and Isco for a combined ~€180m. How is anyone meant to compete when City literally have unlimited money and are not bothered or restrained by FFP at all?

It's actually taking the piss now. Surely they are breaking FFP rules.

Players that I think should be sold, Pedro, Willian, Bakayoko if a good offer comes in ideally at least £20 million and Gary Cahill, maybe Fabregas too to get him off the wage bill, he's struggled a lot more this season and he has made some disastrous mistakes this season but I really wouldn't mind if Fabregas was moved on next summer instead.

Really wish we can go after Hakim Ziyech, he would flourish under Sarri. One of the most creative players in Europe. Ideally i want us to add Jorginho and Ziyech to our midfield. 
I think the jump would be too big for Ziyech right now

Lot of big time moves happening amongst our rivals already. 

-Liverpool have Naby Keita incoming already and are going hard after Fekir who seems very likely to be their #1 target.

-City are after Jorginho and Mahrez

-United look dead certain to sign Fred and Alderweireld and now Alex Sandro as well.

Obviously we need our managerial situation sorted first, but hopefully transfer stuff is well advanced already.