Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I am sufficiently broken from the club this season, my expectations are at an all time low. Sad days.

But business must go on, We should hope the club is currently targeting players who are formation fluid. I hope we have placed calls to Leon Bailey, Jean Seri, and Icardi. I do not expect we have though.

Manager situation should sort itself out by Monday and we can move on with the Offseason Suffering. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Jorginho and Mahrez to City:o

Their owners have balls, very big balls. They want to be like Madrid, Barca and overtake United on the European stage. Looks like they will if they carry on like this.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Their owners have balls, very big balls. They want to be like Madrid, Barca and overtake United on the European stage. Looks like they will if they carry on like this.

I remember two years ago people were arguing that it was too early to say that we didn't have a direction but they did. It is one of those things I still cant believe that we actually discussed.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

And now Guardiola signs a new deal.

22 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I remember two years ago people were arguing that it was too early to say that we didn't have a direction but they did. It is one of those things I still cant believe that we actually discussed.

Their direction was clear to see just by the calibre and style of players they were buying. 

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Jorginho and Mahrez to City:o

Just curious, do you have any factual proof on this? Another topic, you mentioned Martial and Rojo to Juve with Sandro to United. Asking since you say it like its done deal, while I check and its pretty much all rumours for now.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

It will take them at least another 10 years to get even close to United in terms of size. United is one of the very few clubs that can still rival Barca and Real even after several shit seasons, they are still giant club in popularity.

That said, they will have to push for CL and with Pep I think they have a long way to go. They might dominate league, but in Europe they will get spanked again and again. I was proven right for two years now when I said it and I stand by it. Pep is one way manager and in europe you face such and such sides where you have to adapt. Not to mention CL is won by heart and bravery still. Pep and Barca was tiki taka yeah, but people forget how much desire and passion Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta had for the club. In Bayern, Pep changed whole philosophy and there was no results because he took everyrhing german out of that club. At City, he has bunch of quality players, but apart from Kompany and maybe Silva and Aguero, who is there that actualy cares for the club? Who is a diehard loyal player there? Real has Ramos, Modric,...they give 110% every game and motivate the squad. I just dont see current City squad to do the same, especialy not under Pep. The guy can absolutely destroy you in 8/10 games, but he cant adopt for those 2 and the opponent takes advantage which is enough. And no way can they actualy absolutely dominate europe. Barca was the closest to that and they werent perfect still. And they had loyal players who would die for that club, City doesnt have it.

Sure once eventualy they will win it, but them, or PSG are clubs who want to buy everything and money doesnt actualy win you trophies. We wouldnt be successful without Terry, Lamps and Didi because they had heart set on the club, not because we had world class players in every position. Compared to Real with Zidane, Ronaldo,...Milan with Kaka,..Barca with Ronnie and we could still easily fight them because we had that spirit. City doesnt have that. You cant buy it. We were extremely lucky that we had money but also right players who became life long fans of Chelsea. That is slowly dying off and we are becoming worse year after year.

City, Psg can spend 500m, until they actualy show passion on pitch they are worth fuck all. Sure they will roll over Crystal Palaces and Burnleys, but every quality team spanks them. It reminds me of Real when they bought Ronaldo and thought they can buy titles. It took them several years to grow as a club and now they actualy fight till last second to win the games.

And even then, its hard to fight on all fronts every year. Just because City is good and maybe will be better next year, they wont be improving every year. They will drop the form and thats always in football world. What goes around comes around. Eventualy teams on top change.

Regardless of that, I do fear about Chelsea. We are extremely shit on market for a while and we have to gear up. Not just buy more expensive, but look for Kante players, bit cheaper but very good.

Chelsea are compiling a shortlist of potential signings, which includes Jean Michael Seri and Anthony Martial, to present to Antonio Conte's successor. (Daily Mail)