Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On a scale of 1-10, how optimistic are we that we'll finally have a good summer in terms of transfers?

I'll go first. 7. Last summer was 5 for me, this summer is going to be a bit better, but still not what it used to be 8-10 years back imo

2 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

On a scale of 1-10, how optimistic are we that we'll finally have a good summer in terms of transfers?

I'll go first. 7. Last summer was 5 for me, this summer is going to be a bit better, but still not what it used to be 8-10 years back imo

I would take EDEN thinking it a 7

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

We should be all over Alcantara.

BAYERN MAY LET ALCANTARA GO

Bayern Munich are considering the option of listening to offers for Thiago Alcantara this summer, reports Bild.

Bayern president Uli Hoeness is weighing up a revamp of the squad and Thiago, who joined the Bundesliga champions from Barca in 2013, is one of the players who may be allowed to leave.

The Spain international’s former club are monitoring the situation and it is believed he would cost in excess of €50m. 
All over it like a donkey on a waffle or all over it like a tramp on chips or all over it like a fat kid on a cake or all over it like it's the last drop of beer on earth!

38 minutes ago, mccg said:

BAYERN MAY LET ALCANTARA GO

Bayern Munich are considering the option of listening to offers for Thiago Alcantara this summer, reports Bild.

Bayern president Uli Hoeness is weighing up a revamp of the squad and Thiago, who joined the Bundesliga champions from Barca in 2013, is one of the players who may be allowed to leave.

The Spain international’s former club are monitoring the situation and it is believed he would cost in excess of €50m. 
All over it like a donkey on a waffle or all over it like a tramp on chips or all over it like a fat kid on a cake or all over it like it's the last drop of beer on earth!

I'd still prefer Savic tho. I'd be all over him like a dingo in a matrnity ward, like stripper sweat on a pole (was gonna go with summet else but thought I'd keep it clean lol), like illegal imigrants on a inflatable dinghy, like a redneck at KFC

Next Permanent Chelsea Manager
Manager Specials
Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager
Maurizio Sarri
2/5
Zinedine Zidane
4/1
Laurent Blanc
5/1
Luis Enrique
10/1
John Terry
20/1
Jorge Sampaoli
20/1
Leonardo Jardim
20/1
Massimiliano Allegri
20/1
Slavisa Jokanovic
20/1
Avram Grant
25/1
Brendan Rodgers
25/1
Diego Simeone
25/1
Guus Hiddink
25/1
Marco Silva
25/1
Ralph Hassenhütl
25/1

20 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Sorry, I have to say 3 or 4

Haven't clarified our manager situation, and the options are very different (Sarri vs. Conte).  WC starts soon, short window, no director of football.  We've shown no semblance of having a plan, let alone implementing it.  

Hope I'm wrong.

38 minutes ago, mccg said:

Next Permanent Chelsea Manager
Manager Specials
Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager
Maurizio Sarri
2/5
Zinedine Zidane
4/1
Laurent Blanc
5/1
Luis Enrique
10/1
John Terry
20/1
Jorge Sampaoli
20/1
Leonardo Jardim
20/1
Massimiliano Allegri
20/1
Slavisa Jokanovic
20/1
Avram Grant
25/1
Brendan Rodgers
25/1
Diego Simeone
25/1
Guus Hiddink
25/1
Marco Silva
25/1
Ralph Hassenhütl
25/1

No odds there for Conte, But I suppose it does say for NEXT manager.

I actually don't think Butland would look out of place here at all. Been highly rated with and awful team in front of him.

I just hope that if we sell Courtois we go after a more multidimensional keeper a la Ederson/DDG/Lloris. One who can start moves from deep, play with his feet a bit. Tibo is a great shot stopper but not much else. Is Butland not similar?

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I actually don't think Butland would look out of place here at all. Been highly rated with and awful team in front of him.

I just hope that if we sell Courtois we go after a more multidimensional keeper a la Ederson/DDG/Lloris. One who can start moves from deep, play with his feet a bit. Tibo is a great shot stopper but not much else. Is Butland not similar?

You won't find many keepers who command the box better than him, a trait vastly underestimated