AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

This season the board seems to have learnt it's mistake. AvB seems to have full control over transfers. Hopefully the board has also learnt that changing managers isn't the solution.

Let's hope so! They're proven their ill-nature in the past with their - what looks to be - changed ways just becoming an appeasement.

I think they're too pre-occupied with the whole stadium-cpo affair, that now, they're just letting the football-guys get on with the football :lol:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they didn't respond to Ancelotti, aren't responding to AVB, what makes you think they're going to respond to RDM? Ancelotti has one of the best CVs of managers in the last 15 years and won the Double. AVB was the boy genius with the 13M pound backing of the owner. You think RDM as a former player with a brief stint at WBA is going to get through some of the skulls in Cobham?

The managers change, the spine of the team hasn't and the same issues pop up each season. So who's the problem?

Trust me, I'm not absolving AVB. I think he's not helped himself at all with some of decisions, behavior and press handlings. Absolutely disappointing for someone we all thought as very bright and articulate. But ultimately his hands are tied by an aging but still politically powerful core of players.

Roy Keane, Tim Howard, RVN and Rio Ferninand made up United's spine in 2004-05. Where are they now? Rio's barely getting a game nowadays. Yet Chelsea's spine from that season just started 2 must win games in 4 days!

I agree with Henrique that AVB backed away from the window ledge and reverted to the old spine in order to scrape out a couple of wins. The sad irony is that he compromised his much talked about footballing principles and got zero points for it. If Chelsea are going to get zero points, I would rather see a team made up of the younger veterans mixed in with some youngsters and because of squad limitations, sprinkling in an oldie here and there. At least while losing, AVB would be making an investment in a team that can challenge in 2012-13.

Very True but remember AVB worked for these players as a scout and with thier ego's I am sure they laugh about him behind his back and remember those days.....will he ever command total repsect of the dressing room why they are still their?....what was the nickname they gave him when he joined "Bambi"....

I would like to see him grow a set and drop Lampard and Drogba against Wolves....

Very True but remember AVB worked for these players as a scout and with thier ego's I am sure they laugh about him behind his back and remember those days.....will he ever command total repsect of the dressing room why they are still their?....what was the nickname they gave him when he joined "Bambi"....

I would like to see him grow a set and drop Lampard and Drogba against Wolves....

Then its about time they got respect! They're 30 years old they're not kids anymore...yes he was a Scout but meh gotta start somewhere that shouldnt be an issue...

And if they cant show respect might as well bugger of elsewhere and be replaced by a player who hasnt got a massive ego filled head and thinks they're above the Manager

Then its about time they got respect! They're 30 years old they're not kids anymore...yes he was a Scout but meh gotta start somewhere that shouldnt be an issue...

When a group of blokes get together trust me childishness remains very high on the list. Plus the fact that they have known each other for such a long time..obviously they are professional but it is all about getting that extra 5-10% out of a player..thats what makes a manager..

Jamie Redknapp has been hinting in the press that the senior players do not respect him because of his previous role...he is Lampards cousin, so they must discuss it....no smoke without fire.

When a group of blokes get together trust me childishness remains very high on the list. Plus the fact that they have known each other for such a long time..obviously they are professional but it is all about getting that extra 5-10% out of a player..thats what makes a manager..

Jamie Redknapp has been hinting in the press that the senior players do not respect him because of his previous role...he is Lampards cousin, so they must discuss it....no smoke without fire.

Maybe ... still i cant see lamps not respecting AVB Drogba and Malouda on the other hand there is a chance maybe shipping these big ego's out will benefit the club.

Maybe ... still i cant see lamps not respecting AVB Drogba and Malouda on the other hand there is a chance maybe shipping these big ego's out will benefit the club.

That is clearly the best thing for the club but I do not think AVB is mentally strong enough to do it...

I hope I am wrong, I really hope he succeeds

No matter who comes this squad is past it's sell by date. Changing manager isn't the solution anymore

absolutely. Sacking manager after manager won't help the club. perhaps we should start by sacking the board members who think they know what the club needs rather than leaving that decision to the manager.

But he is either overrated because the Portuguese is crap compared to England and the UCL, or he's a great manager but will adapt eventually. That we'll find out, so give the man time, be patient and show some support.

the question is, what "giving him time" means ? He is having time, and is proving to be the first option: "an overrated manager".

Im not saying he must be sacked now, what I'm saying is: until now he looks like a manager that is fraud, and if his form continue that bad in next months, then he must be axed. Or what you would suggest ? Give him another full season to see if he is bad or good ?

We should be criticising the players. Every time a manager gets the boot it is because the players would rather play for Mourinho. Before I start this rant I would like to point out that AVB is by no means perfect and has made mistakes this season. BUT:

Q Whose fault was it that Salomon Kalou decided to handle the ball and give away a stupid penalty in the last minute against Valencia?

A Salomon Kalou

Q Whose fault was it that Petr Cech decided to throw the ball to Mikel when he had two players around him against Liverpool?

A Petr Cech

Q Whose fault was it that Ramires and Torres both missed absolute sitters against Man U at Old Trafford earlier this season?

A Ramires and Fernando Torres

Q Whose fault was it that Drogba decided he would go in recklessly on Adel Taarabt against QPR when we were already down to 10 men?

A Didier Drogba

Q Whose fault was it that Petr Cech was beaten more than once at his near post against Arsenal?

A Petr Cech

the question is, what "giving him time" means ? He is having time, and is proving to be the first option: "an overrated manager".

Im not saying he must be sacked now, what I'm saying is: until now he looks like a manager that is fraud, and if his form continue that bad in next months, then he must be axed. Or what you would suggest ? Give him another full season to see if he is bad or good ?

Of course Henrique the armchair manager is fit enough to question someones quality. Fraud? Where does your sillynes end?

Of course Henrique the armchair manager is fit enough to question someones quality. Fraud? Where does your sillynes end?

"AVB is better than Guardiola in every aspect" eldinho comparing a winning coach in Portugal and Europa League champion with the architect of the greatest team in the world in last 20 years. Whos silly?

"AVB is better than Guardiola in every aspect" eldinho comparing a winning coach in Portugal and Europa League champion with the architect of the greatest team in the world in last 20 years. Whos silly?

Sort your facts. Ever heard how Barca works? Yes Pep is doing a fantastic job there, but he is untested just as you say for AVB.

So winning the league in Portugal and EL is a shame? Have you even watched at least one Porto game last season?

Sort your facts. Ever heard how Barca works? Yes Pep is doing a fantastic job there, but he is untested just as you say for AVB.

So winning the league in Portugal and EL is a shame? Have you even watched at least one Porto game last season?

Maybe AVB will prove to be just as good, getting Chelsea out of this rot and creating a beautiful football team that actually wins trophies would be an incredible achievement to add to his CV but right now there is no comparison, Guardiola has been the integral figure of Barcelona's recent success and he deserves all of the respect in the world.

Maybe AVB will prove to be just as good, getting Chelsea out of this rot and creating a beautiful football team that actually wins trophies would be an incredible achievement to add to his CV but right now there is no comparison, Guardiola has been the integral figure of Barcelona's recent success and he deserves all of the respect in the world.

That's what I said. But things won't be that easy when he moves to a team that doesn't have that brilliant Barca structure.