AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

The players did love Carlo, then they turned on him and let him and the supporters down. The footballers at this club are so egotistical, we need someone like Ferguson or Mourinho who will not feed those egos and put them back in their place.

The most pathetic gesture imo was the way they played against Newcastle and Everton at the very end. Most people knew that it was likely Carlo was going to get the sack at the end of the season. And instead of giving him a proper "send off" for lack of a better term they hardly gave 10% effort in both games and when both results and performances didn't go our way, you could tell that they didn't even give a fuck.

I was so disappointed by that Newcastle performance. It was our final home game, immediately after the Utd loss and I just wanted the boys to give 100% and win by a couple of goals and a convincing performance so that there would be something to cheer about and everyone could have their lap of honour with a smile on their faces and end the season on a high and basically wave Carlo goodbye.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Sale has an intersting angle on who holds power at Chelsea. “Troubled Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, already under extreme pressure before the start of December in his first season, will gain a good impression of Roman Abramovich’s current thinking on his uncertain future by paying a visit to the Stamford Bridge office of the Russian owner’s 14-year senior adviser Marina Granovskaia. She has been brought in to act as the liaison between the Chelsea board and her compatriot Abramovich and is increasingly being seen as the real power behind the throne at the club.”

This is a Daily Mail reporter, but an interesting story anyway. Lets hope AVB remembers to refuse a cup of tea!!!!

The most pathetic gesture imo was the way they played against Newcastle and Everton at the very end. Most people knew that it was likely Carlo was going to get the sack at the end of the season. And instead of giving him a proper "send off" for lack of a better term they hardly gave 10% effort in both games and when both results and performances didn't go our way, you could tell that they didn't even give a fuck.

I was so disappointed by that Newcastle performance. It was our final home game, immediately after the Utd loss and I just wanted the boys to give 100% and win by a couple of goals and a convincing performance so that there would be something to cheer about and everyone could have their lap of honour with a smile on their faces and end the season on a high and basically wave Carlo goodbye.

They didn't play for the shirt, the badge, the fans or Carlo in those final few games. They were a disgrace.

You know this could all be nipped in the bud if Roman (not one of his arse lickers) made a personal visit to Cobham and called a brief meeting with the players. He could strongly emphasise to these players that AVB is in charge, has his full backing and they are to respect him and his decisions. He could also explain that every one of them are playing for thier futures every time they step on the pitch.

I would then bet money that in the next game you would see a reaction.

I've read in a few reports that AVB works so hard that he actually sleeps at the training ground sometimes....FFS the bloke has 2 young kids..

SOMEONE has to be allowed to rebuild this squad. It has been calling out for it for years and has never taken place. AVB is the man to do that i am convinced. What has dissapointed me and suprised me in the last 2 games is his team selections and substitutuions. Early in the season he was brave and decisive in his choices but gradually the "established" players have worked their way back into automatic choices and "game changing" subs with little reason for it. If we had given a manager the chance to rebuild the squad gradually over the years we wouldn't be in the position we are now where we have to make a lot of changes.

As much as i love Frank Lampard the way he likes to play is to occupy the advanced midfield position, but that is stopping us from looking at unleashing Mata there where he is clearly more comfortable, influential and able to make things happen for our attacks. We NEED another winger badly to allow Mata in the middle and Sturridge down the right. With Mata and Sturridge out wide we have no service to them because we have no creative input in the middle.

AVB needs to be given full licence to mould a new team. He needs Roman to relieve the pressure and say that yes he can have time with limited success to build a new young team. We need to be playing Romeu much more, we need to be using Lukaku, McEachran and Bertrand much more. To be honest i would accept any of our older "top" players leaving if it was to free us to build for the future.

SOMEONE has to be allowed to rebuild this squad. It has been calling out for it for years and has never taken place. AVB is the man to do that i am convinced. What has dissapointed me and suprised me in the last 2 games is his team selections and substitutuions. Early in the season he was brave and decisive in his choices but gradually the "established" players have worked their way back into automatic choices and "game changing" subs with little reason for it. If we had given a manager the chance to rebuild the squad gradually over the years we wouldn't be in the position we are now where we have to make a lot of changes.

As much as i love Frank Lampard the way he likes to play is to occupy the advanced midfield position, but that is stopping us from looking at unleashing Mata there where he is clearly more comfortable, influential and able to make things happen for our attacks. We NEED another winger badly to allow Mata in the middle and Sturridge down the right. With Mata and Sturridge out wide we have no service to them because we have no creative input in the middle.

AVB needs to be given full licence to mould a new team. He needs Roman to relieve the pressure and say that yes he can have time with limited success to build a new young team. We need to be playing Romeu much more, we need to be using Lukaku, McEachran and Bertrand much more. To be honest i would accept any of our older "top" players leaving if it was to free us to build for the future.

Completely agree , AVB needs to change this squad and make is OWN team not a team of past managers ( mainly jose) once he has his own team we can judge him then. If we sack him we will just be going round in circles. The reason Man united have been so sucessful is because they found a long term manager who refreshs the squad over and over again ( and knows when to do it).

I think if we can get through this season with AVB then next season we will truely see his work coming to light.

The players literally stuck their middle fingers up at Carlo by not even bothering. Disgraceful attitude, I do sometimes feel embarrassed to support the club at times because that would never happen at United or Liverpool, or even a team like Stoke that plays with pride and endeavour in each fixture.

SOMEONE has to be allowed to rebuild this squad. It has been calling out for it for years and has never taken place. AVB is the man to do that i am convinced. What has dissapointed me and suprised me in the last 2 games is his team selections and substitutuions. Early in the season he was brave

Said the very same recently, its like he doesn't know when to stick or twist?! Up til the Liverpool game he had been virtually spot on tactically, the only thing that I would of done sooner is replace Bosingwa for Ivanovich at RB & give the likes of MacEachran, Romeu & Bertrand more game time. The Liverpool game I was dumbfounded by his team selection & the same with his substitutions against Leverkusen, when were comfortable & just needed to kill them off with that 2nd goal but he twisted by trying to protect the lead & it backfired. If he had been 'brave' like you state & like his management was before Liverpool then I'm pretty sure we would of got a draw against Leverkusen atleast. I can see why he has been playing lamps as he hit form once he dropped him but has stagnated again, mind you there are several senior players that are in that boat which makes his selection a little more difficult.

For me there has been too much emphasis on the defence when we have had chances to win games but not taken them, someone then makes a mistake & we get punished, so its a double edged sword. The luck has clearly deserted us too, a lack of belief/confidence sets in with losing runs, we now find ourselves in this precarious position when some decent finishing or a slice of luck can change seasons - if we weren't creating chances then I would be more concerned but that's not case.

It is my view that Roman & the board should take a lions share of the blame for our current crisis, the rot started by Arneson being put in charge of youth development against Jose's better judgement, then the signing of Shevchenko which really pissed off jose & lastly his sacking - he was building a dynasty here but got cut short. Move on to when Carlo won the title & the team should of been refreshed then. The board now need to back AVB implicitly & let him start addressing the mistakes made before his tenure & ensure that he gets given the time & backing to build a successful Chelsea.

The players did love Carlo, then they turned on him and let him and the supporters down. The footballers at this club are so egotistical, we need someone like Ferguson or Mourinho who will not feed those egos and put them back in their place.

Mourinho's made a living out of feeding player egos, that's part of the reason they still love him so much here.

The players literally stuck their middle fingers up at Carlo by not even bothering. Disgraceful attitude, I do sometimes feel embarrassed to support the club at times because that would never happen at United or Liverpool, or even a team like Stoke that plays with pride and endeavour in each fixture.

That was embrassing and watching the highlights it was clear to anyone watching that majoirty of the players did not give a crap!

Actually, this part is rubbish

Josh McEachran... and who else?

Jeffrey Bruma, Patrick van Aanholt and Gael Kakuta (remember all the trouble associated with his poaching from Lens?) are all out on loan while McEachran's vague hopes of a breakthrough are diminishing the longer Chelsea stay in crisis.

Meanwhile, Manchester United parade Jones, Smalling, Welbeck and Cleverley. Manchester City boast Balotelli, Aguero, Savic, Richards and Nasri.

You know this could all be nipped in the bud if Roman (not one of his arse lickers) made a personal visit to Cobham and called a brief meeting with the players. He could strongly emphasise to these players that AVB is in charge, has his full backing and they are to respect him and his decisions. He could also explain that every one of them are playing for thier futures every time they step on the pitch.

That begs the question though - what sort of spoilt fucks have we got masquerading as Chelsea players these days? It doesn't get worse than the owner landing up at the training ground to ask the players to respect the manager.

That begs the question though - what sort of spoilt fucks have we got masquerading as Chelsea players these days? It doesn't get worse than the owner landing up at the training ground to ask the players to respect the manager.

The same spoilt fucks that were in Roman's ear to sack Jose and who "performed" against Newcastle last season..

The Jose era players miss the dominance of the manager, I feel... Jose took all the kicks and punches to himself to protect his players and now they are too spoilt to deal with the kicks themselves, they all look to the manager as if they were their babysitter. It's all about authority, you can't lead a group of men if you lack it.. it's been this way in every field - armies, businesses, families. The sooner AVB makes his authority count, the better it is for us. It's hard for him now because those players have played under many stronger personalities in football, they don't care if the man is a tactical genius or not... And the best way to deal with this situation is to get the players he needs and who will respect him.

The ultimate say though, is Roman's... It's his backing to the manager is the most important thing, if he backs the players, then we're fucked once again.

Actually, this part is rubbish

not really, he is talking about young players coming through and that's fair enough after all not too many of our hopefuls are from down the road are they and yes jones and kun and players mentioned may be slightly older but they are still youth being played. In fairness tho he did leave out the fact that mata, ramires, studger and david luiz are still young enough to form a core of this team for some time.